The gym is the McDonalds of the fitness world

oh god fuck off

That must be why I'm lovin' it.

correct. The fine rare steak of the lifting world is to have your own personal homegym with equipment catered to your needs. If you only have a cage, bench and plates you might as well go back to "mcdonalds" though.

Why?

>convenient
>full of fatties
>All the necessities
>extra crap that you don't need

I can see it OP. Good job.

because if that's the only equipment you require in your fitness journey, "McDonald's" is more suited to your diet.

Why's that?

The true patrician choice would be to have a communal gym only frequented by the closely knit community of the city state, where philosophers went to lift things up and put them down after walking and speculating in the morning, where the women would train for their husband and the warrior caste would rub elbows with all the citizens they are protecting.

The home gym is an individualist meme. (But the city state is dead.)

You're a moron if that's what you actually think. Your own power cage, barbell, bench and enough plates to which you have unlimited access all the time are a huge luxury.

OP BTFO

You are a homegymlet casual if you don't at the VERY least have a dip belt, EZ-bar, dumbbells and two other peripherals that don't involve weight training.

>Posting a quote from a guy who was likely a figment of Plato's imagination
>When Plato considered the body and its senses as a prison for humans
>literally advocated ignoring the body
>Faggot

Homer might not exist either, go argue in academia the legitimacy of the Odyssey.

Also literally everyone knows Socrates didn't write his musings down if he did exist. You're not the first to say that.

That's fucking retarded. There is ample evidence for the existence of Socrates, not least the fact that Xenophon and others also wrote dialogues.

I bet Socrates did not say that

So what is PF?

The burger king or Wendys?

Wasent he a fat fucking hobbit? And ugly ontop of that?

What's up with this random fag of posting Greek or Roman statues with "quotes" this last year?
I know it's been a thing but people on this site have been doing it at a increasing rate. Is it some dumb alt-right shit? Because of that Sargon of Akkad fag?

It's kinda funny how old statues have weird incorrect anatomy, it shows you how the artists never saw a fit person in their entire lives.

Lol keep speaking in your shilltongues, doesn't change the fact that most of em disregarded the body and considered athletes as an inferior race of humans

and so you only follow what other people have told you? Are you gonna change your mind when someone smarter comes along- don't you have any thoughts of your own?

seems like a good idea to remind everyone that Socrates was a pedo who talked about his love for beardless boys for at least 25% of every single one of his dialogues