Is Mewing legit?

Is Mewing legit?

> Have you used his techniques?
> What routine did you use?
> What results did you get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8&t=44m45s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought people here were into this shit, I've seen posts talking about it.

mewing is legit to an extent

ive only been mewing for a month or so and these are my results:

jawline looks better (because mewing causes you to pull the muscles in your neck UP into your jaw)

corrected my masseter muscle imbalance (left side was stronger and more hypertrophied than my right

so far thats it but those 2 alone make it worth it.

the first few days of really hard mewing hurt my fucking right side jaw and throat so bad i had to take pain meds. goes to show weak those two areas were

look, mewing is literally just having proper posture, if you have a recessed jaw and maxilla it can only do so much but i do believe there is progress to be made OVER TIME. this is something you really have to commit to. facial bones NEVER stop changing because of the process called bone remodeling. good luck bro

Someone plz explain mewing to me thx

lips together
teeth together
tongue at the roof of the mouth

you especially have to get the posterior third of the tongue up there

mewing is all about posture. think spinal posture: which is more attractive? shitty or good posture? its the same thing for mewing. just like how having proper back posture will make you look better and make your back stronger, so will mewing for your face

I don't buy that it can reshape your bone structure, but emphasizing what's already there? Hell yeah, makes perfect sense as an exercise for your jaw.

i think it can because getting stronger jaw muscles has been linked to increase BONE growth. have you have saw someone with a shitty jaw (bone) but have huge masseters? i sure havent

as for the maxilla shit, i think it can maybe make a little bit of a difference over several several years but even then i would probably combine it with face pulling for maximum results

the human body responds to stress bro and from there, it morphs.

look at the example mike mew gave about stephen hawkings. before his disease fully set in, he had a GREAT jawline/jaw but his whole face (bone structure) changed because of his disease

is there any empirical evidence and not just anecdotal stories to back up this guy's claim?

unfortunately there are no scientific studies i am aware of that are specific to this but honestly, what do you have to lose? again, all mewing is is proper mouth posture

>always had a nice jawline
>pretty much always do this already from what I've read

Doesn't everyone just naturally rest with their lips closed, teeth closed, and upper 1/3rd of the tongue on the roof?

The key is the rear third. I also always did the upper third and I'm sure most people do.

I've never heard of this but I'm going to give it a try, my jaw could defs be more defined desu

I think the example of a man with a rare form of als is probably a poor one in this context. Any actual evidence that this works?

There have been several studies done on children, however none for adults.

It was just an example to show that:

Muscles play a key role in skeletal structure
Your face can change at a late age

I don't have any proof other than anecdotal

>teeth together
Back or front? Is it normal that my back teeth sit behind my front? I've always wondering.

it is, your back teeth are meant to be behind your front but still meet

Cheers. There's so many retarded shit I wonder, because I can never tell if it's normal or if I'm bent.

While I dont really but into Mewing, I don't see how it can hurt. Im perfectly capable of keeping my tongue against the roof of my mouth and breathing through my nose, but when i fall asleep I quickly end up in full gormless mouth breathing mode - any ideas how to correct this?

It's just a way to develop and maintain proper jaw and tongue posture

Veeky Forums appears to be turning into SlutHate

Good times

i hate sleeping with my mouth open, it tastes rancid as hell when you wake up

do you have a quick tongue placement cue? I seem to not be able to lift the posterior tongue on the roof

I always do this but I still look ugly as fuck

how do i prevent myself from sleeping with my mouth open?

I still dont know, probably my body thinks its not possible to get enough O2, because my nose was broken once.
Every morning i spit blood and its so try you cant imagine.

He also brought up regular people who had gotten a stroke to their other face half, due to traffic accident, sickness etc. Healthy side was normal while the paralysed side had gotten disfigured.

Just watch this video and make your own choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8&t=44m45s

It's not like it takes any great effort to change how you place your tongue in your mouth nor does it cost you any time or money. At very worst it's nothing lost nothing gained. Best case scenario is you look more handsome in time and you shouldn't suffer from sleep apnea since your tongue is stronger.

kek same my friend

Fuck that guy reminds me of myself.

No idea if it works but I've been doing it for quite some time, already had a decent jaw before doing it though.
I think the fact that I'm now at 12%bf helped, shame I don't have those lean high cheekbones

wondering this too, done it basically all of my life, not open like a fucking hippo but my lips a tiny bit open.
Now I have no idea if I still do it or not but I wake up with a perfectly moist throat, when my nose is clogged and I sleep with my mouth open I feel it next morning