If I am 5'9, 168 lbs, and I am lifting 3 days a week, and running 3 days a week (2 miles each time)...

If I am 5'9, 168 lbs, and I am lifting 3 days a week, and running 3 days a week (2 miles each time), what should my caloric intake be to lose about a pound a week?

2,000 calories a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_average_human_height_worldwide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you retarded?

Honest question, retarded people need less calories.

what about my question gives you the impression that I am retarded?

I was eating about 1800 calories a day while just lifting, but I know running takes a lot of energy, so I am not sure 1800 with running is a good idea.

bump

fuuuuuck

2420 to lose 1pound a week, add in exercise and u probably can eat 2700 a day

The fact that you ask here instead of googling the problem is why I'm asking. Still, I think you might benefit from a +200kcal / day, on account of your retardation.

bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator
I put in your numbers for you
>5'9
>168lbs
>female
>12 y o

BMR of 1650 calories per day. Since you don't do much exercise, you should use the "sedentary" multiplier for the harris-benedict equation, 1.2x

You will want to eat 1980 calories per day in order to maintain your weight. 500 less than that per day to lose 1 pound a week.

that seems high

> hurrr duurrr why am I asking fitness questions on a fitness board

pic is you

lifting working out 6 days a week isn't "much" to you? Shit dude, I'm not an Olympic athlete.

>lifting working out 6 days a week isn't "much" to you? Shit dude, I'm not an Olympic athlete.
If you work out 6 days a week it means you don't get any exercise at work (you wouldn't be a lumberjack or construction worker and still hit the gym 6 days a week), hence not much exercise. Not to mention you're probably hitting the gym for 30 minutes tops on each of those days so yeah. The point was more for OP to do the numbers herself.

First of all, I'm OP, I'm a guy, and I spend 50 minutes at the gym.

Let me rephrase. You probably spend 30 minutes on each of those days exercising. Warming up, stretching, standing around, getting water, resting between sets, etc. aren't exercise. Unless you mean you "run" 2 miles in 50 minutes in which case you're not exercising at all. Look, the idea behind the HB equation is that it's a one-size-fits-all type of deal. It's not perfect, and your multiplier might be 1.19372 or 1.2063 instead of 1.2000000000 . If you truly believe you need a higher multiplier for the HB equation, try it for a month and see if your weight loss/gain matches what you expect. "Sedentary" applies to the vast majority of people who don't work strenuous jobs.

I've never met a man who was 5'9 or less.

>implying
>implying
>implying

I get what you are saying, I really do, but stop telling me my stats.

I run two miles in 18.6 minutes.

But I get your point.

I should probably do the lightly active: BMR x 1.375

Go ahead and try it. If your weight loss doesn't match up then simply reduce the multiplier. For the record I spend 2 hours in the gym 3 days a week and 30 minutes doing light cardio 3 days a week and use the 1.2x multiplier because I sit at home all day doing nothing. Until last month even that 1.2 was too high because instead of actually sitting all day I used to stay in bed all day playing video games. The scale showed me that I was using the wrong number so I fixed it.

average adult male height in the US

United States 175.7 cm (5 ft 9 in)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_average_human_height_worldwide

shut the fuck up

I said man, not boy.