Aesthetics >>> Strength

Aesthetics >>> Strength

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UVMFrik_WQ
youtube.com/user/GoEliteSC/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can't stand that cunt

Strength is useless. Of course it's Aesthetics that win out.

>using the cuckiest examples for both

>Aesthetics is for faggots

wow, people who like an aesthetic body builders facebook page voted that aesthetics are more important, what a fucking shocker!!!!!!!

Can't stand those cunts

So-called 'aesthetics' are for lazy guys who are pandering to females so much that it's an obsession; you don't have to go to anywhere NEAR as much effort for mere 'aesthetics', and frankly if you have money you can just get surgeries for much of it. Meanwhile actual athletes are training all year 'round and orders of magnitude harder because of the stringent unforgiving demands of whatever their sport-of-choice is. Preening in a mirror or flexing for club sluts is nothing compared to hours spent at a competitive sport.

>thinking girls would even notice joff if he was standing next to Eddie

He's literally half a foot shorter
This is a prime example of why manlets shouldn't even bother if there's a normal sized man around

but we're not talking about sports, cunt.
aesthetics are pleasing to myself as much as or more than any sloot

All Eddie has to do is cut to pander to the BB crowd. All Jeff has to do is deadlift 500kg to get to Eddie's strength.

Yeah this.

Women are satisfied with any guy that is 10% bf and has a little muscle mass

99% of fit is not happy to be a 'hungry skeleton'

This pursuit is done for ourselves, for pride, etc

No? He would be a disgusting fridge mode kokolov mode monstorosity with 0 vtaper because of how he trained

Most of the guys here miss much by not doing sports. Its a much better lifestyle than flexing your biceps in front of a mirror. You really don't give a shit about aesthetics when you see someone doing something like this next to you:

youtube.com/watch?v=6UVMFrik_WQ

Why not both?

>people who prefer aesthetics follow Jeff Seid

Can't stand these cunts

Jeff is cut, but not 'sthetic.

For me it's like the whole "money buying happiness" thing. Money actually can buy happiness to a point. It stops being effective about where you have to stop worrying about it. I think strength is more important at the beginning but nobody gets any use out of the ability to lift 500lbs off the floor. At that point your efforts come back to you more practically by lifting for aesthetics.

Actually if you look at Eddie's regimen he has historically trained pretty much like a bodybuilder. He incorporates strongman lifts and tends to go a lot heavier on the big lifts (obviously), but he isolates a few body parts per session and does a fair amount of high rep sets. Point being that if he were to lose all that fat he would probably have very defined lats and shoulders, making him look pretty good.

Average powerlifter

I just don't understand why people like/aspire to kokolov mode

>elite genetics
>steroids
>decade of hardcore training
>perfect nutrition

All this to look way worse than just a run of the mill natty dude in a small local men's physique competition

>implying that these are mutually exclusive.

Klokov is the best example, if he isn't your goal body then you are an underachiever plain and simple.

This

>wanting to have no v taper

He isn't a bodybuilder... he doesn't train for aesthetics... he couldn't care less how he looks. He doesn't do OHP. He doesn't do any lat work.

Read

I mean he still has multiple deadlift world records. There's that.

No hate for him I said he had elite genetics etc

He isn't trying to look aesthetic. That's why his body is not aesthetic. I'm sure if he was a bodybuilder he'd look fantastic.

But why do guys want to look like that, where your hips are almost as wide as your shoulders and your (gigantic) lats appear nonexistent because of proportions and angles

Not a good asthetic

In another world Eddie could have been the king of aesthetics, he was an accomplished swimmer before he started eating 10,000 calories a day.

In another time, Eddie would be leading the fucking tribe while Jeff would be a male postitute for rich men with lots of grain.

What about Pitbull from Strength Cartel. He has a world record in power lifting and is pretty aesthetic.

Trying to equate the 2 is like equating a Med Dr (strength) to a first-aider (aesthetics).

The pursuit of aesthetics seems to come from a place of insecurity. Sure, the same could be said about strength training.

Usually though strength training has some background in development of the body for specific purposes.

Example: I started training because I started playing rugby for a couple of seasons and wanted to be able to put some opposition players down hard. Going back to AFL I was literally crushing people with a hip and shoulder because I had much more mass and strength.

Aesthetics is literally useless,you might as well be a diaper wearing furry.

this is true, but aesthetics are generally something you're born with. sure, working out can help a bit, but cant fix manletism or being broke/an autist.
as a broke autistic manlet with a gf i might as well try to get strong

more like Manlet from Cringe Cartel

hall is literally 2x jeff seids weight
hes fucking hugge
he could kill him

And?

Strength is fucking useless

Jeff could kill him as well, by just waiting 10 years

99.9% of women would take skinny male models over Jeff anyways.

>faggot that doesn't understand the health benefits of exercise even when in pursuit of aesthetics

>Strength to impress your dad by crushing other rugby players
>Aesthetics to impress girls by looking good

>Strength is like a Med Dr
>Aesthetics is like a first aider and useless

Thanks for your objective analysis

>literally some dude

>third strongest guy in the world, biggest deadlift in the world, name goes down in the books forever

>literally the second coming of Zyzz, an aesthetic god, basically a living legend

>some fat guy who lifts heavy iron plates off the ground and ruins his health for money and admiration of other fat "powerlifters"

jeff will end in a sauna as well don't worry

My dad hates rugby. I didn't play rugby to impress him, I played rugby to try something new. I could rob a bank and rape children my dad would still brag about it to his mates. My parents idolises me. It must suck having to prove something to your old man all the time.

Try to justify your insecurities as much as you like, the synonyms I gave are because of the work load that goes into developing the 2 training types and what can be done with them once developed.

With strength you're still useful, with aesthetics you're a mannequin.

Why is this a thing? If you get stronger you will get more aesthetic at the same time. As long as you dont let your eating get completely out of control and get fat - and even then you can always just cut later

I totally understand the health benefits of it, just equating it to strength training is stupid.

But please go on, let's hear about how training for aesthetics improved your life?

Sexual selection is a real thing. Biologically, the more mates you have the more successful you are. By being aesthetic, you are more likely to be sexually selected, and thus have more mates and be more biologically successful.

Strength does not matter as much in our modern world. Aesthetics? That still matters a ton.

>2417
>"You know, kids, back then, adult men lifted heavy weights off the floor to impress each other! Sometimes more than twice their own weight!"
>Laughter
>"Here, look at this clip of a guy named Eddie who was famous in his time. They actually thought that grunting and sweating was the best way to stay healthy!"
>Even more laughter
>"Is that why they call it the dark ages?"
>"No, that's because of some other stuff they did back then"

loving the post new year memes

Then please explain what can be done with strength

Why is being able to play rugby worth more than looking good?

Why does everyone get so fucking defensive about shit like this. Some people want to look good and some want to be strong. Others want both. Does it fucking matter? Let people do what they want to do and appreciate it for what it is and not trash people because they do something you think is stupid.

I used to believe that strength was better than aesthetics but then I realized that looking good actually makes you train harder if that makes sense. not only that, if you are in your 20-30, that is the BEST time to build muscle. After that, it is pretty hard to gain size. Strength on the other hand increases past your 30's. I

I'd say train for aesthetics and mass in your 20s and go all out in strength in your 30's.

>because Eddie Hall doesn't have a wife

>strength dies not matter as much in our modern word.

Strength does matter, you know how I can tell you're either young or had a sheltered life? Because you made that statement.

Try lifting bags of cement or fertilizer. Try pulling up conductor onto an insulator. Try holding a support beam while your mate screws it to a frame. Moving a fridge, couch, bed or desk. Saying strength doesn't matter is stupid.

Stop being so naive.

As for sexual selection, try looking at studies that show what women actually want or try talking to actual women. Don't get your advice from Veeky Forums.

Because Klokov looks actually good.

>no V taper

That's fucking retarded. Why would you even need this when you are ripped to shreds? I wish my core was smaller and weaker?

But you don't have to worry because you will never look like a pl'er or a bodybuilder.

literally aesthetics is all I lift for, that and the endorphins

Jeff Seid is aesthetic as fuck bro it's not an opinion he scored very high in every definition. it's ok if you don't like him but let's not start outright lying.

Is fornicating with club sluts a sport?

>functional strength

No, it's usually an insecurity.

>because Eddie Hall doesn't have a wife
So? I said mates, not mate. Eddie only has one bitch to fuck, which is less successful than having multiple bitches to fuck.

>Try lifting bags of cement or fertilizer. Try pulling up conductor onto an insulator. Try holding a support beam while your mate screws it to a frame. Moving a fridge, couch, bed or desk. Saying strength doesn't matter is stupid.
You don't think Jeff Seid could do all of these things? Construction workers do some of the most physically taxing labor every day. A lot of them aren't huge, and are instead wiry with obvious musculuture but are still lean. Being a massive strongman means you can lift shit nobody ever has to lift on their own in the real world, but you can't lift normally-sized shit repeatedly because your cardio is shit.

>As for sexual selection, try looking at studies that show what women actually want or try talking to actual women. Don't get your advice from Veeky Forums.
Obviously some women prefer the strongman look, but most women prefer the ripped look more. Don't be naive yourself.

>not realizing you can be both

youtube.com/user/GoEliteSC/videos

You should watch pro strongman sometime. Those motherfuckers sprint carrying 275lb oil drums and pull trucks, trains, and aircraft besides the static lifts. Basically I'm saying you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Oh, and a lot of those guys are also jacked/shredded.

Sprinting is not cardio.

You can't compare the two of them in terms of achievement. Jeff's also a fag.

I think most of the animosity comes from the fact that training "for looks" is just shortsighted and shallow. Its like saying you just read books to exercise your eyes.

Your a dumb cunt. Jeff is very close to classic Zane, who was the prince of aesthetics.

Why not both?

Jeff can't even compare to Zane. His pec development isn't even close.

stop

Lifting heavy is still better than doing g4p and dying in a sauna at 22 though.

Jeff plz go

there are stronger people who look better than jeff

>Eddie only has one bitch to fuck, which is less successful than having multiple bitches to fuck.

So by your logic we should all aspire to look like Ron Jeremy?

>rates success in how many "bitches" he fucks

By the way what is being a teenager like again? I've forgotten what uncontrollable hormones feel like.

>You don't think Jeff Seid could do all of these things?

No, because it would mess up his hair. If you're going for aesthetics you are literally trying to be a mannequin. You can't afford to have dirty hands unless it's for a photo shoot.

You don't want people to know you for who you are or what you do or what you have accomplished but what you look like. Do you understand what aesthetics mean? How shallow is that world view?

>but most women prefer the ripped look more. Don't be naive yourself

So again, did you read any studies or have you talked to any women? I ain't even good looking and I'm able to get women. I train for strength and hold a bit of extra weight on my butt (for some reason that's where I store fat). If you think you need to be fat free to pull women you are obviously too insecure to pull women.

I think any normal person lifts for both.

You're self-loathing and vein if you just lift for aesthetics.

You're autistic and scared if you just lift for strength.

do criminals train for aesthetics?

>disgusting fridge mode kokolov mode monstorosity
???

only IPF records count

Eddie hall's wife is fucking hot.

Why not both?

cause Veeky Forums wants to dickride jeff

And? How long can they sustain that when they've trained exclusively for short, powerful bursts of exertion? I worked in a factory moving boxes for 12 hours, and without fail the guys that burnt out and couldn't keep up the required pace were strongman giants. Lean, wiry guys and even girls had the requisite endurance. Basically I'm saying your funkshunal strength mantra is a pile of horse manure.

Read Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari, if all humans ever did was focus on fucking as many other humans as possible then we'd still be walking around in nomadic bands bashing each others heads in with rocks and speaking to less than 100 people, aesthetics mean fuck all in the modern world, achievements mean everything, if you think any different then you're a relic at vest and a fossil at worst. Success is what drives humanity.

And I stand by that, you're a relic at vest, and you will always be a relic at vest.

beast mode. easily 250lbs right there overhead.

>my anecdotal example is the basis for all experience.
>fat, hairy guys couldn't keep up they must be Strongmen

Just because they're big doesn't mean they're Strongman. And besides that's not what this thread is about, it's about aesthetics training versus strength training.

I'll counter your anecdotal evidence with my own anecdotal evidence.

When I was training Muay Thai I was out for about 8 months with work commitments. When I got back there are these 2 huge guys, easily 140kg+ but over 190cm.

I thought I was going to be able to run rings around them but turns out they outperformed the whole class.

When I got back to close to full fitness they didn't have a chance in endurance but I'm very competitive and would outperform guys much fitter than me.

Point I'm making is don't use anecdotal examples because everyone has some story about whatever it is they're trying to prove and that leads no where.

Based Klokov

Well first of all I lift out of insecurity so I want to look as good as possible. Second of all I'm 5'8 and even though I think this manlet meme is retarded I do not see the point in lifting for strength when someone with the same bone structure but one inch taller is always going to be stronger than me should we hit anywhere near our strength potential. Also I'm training for military and I care not for these retarded fat mongs

>he doesn't ohp
>no lat work
>all oly lifts start with a pull, which hits lats

>disregard women, acquire aesthetics

also, based Lu user

>Eddie only has one bitch to fuck, which is less successful than having multiple bitches to fuck.

Eddie has more children than joff, he is more sexually successful

If Jeff decided not to use birth control he would have countless amounts of kids around the world.

Looks are subjective. You can't debate how much someone lifts.

>hitching

>doesn't do OHP
I'm not sure if jerks will work delts enough but he has huge shoulders so I'd assume they do if what you're saying is true

Are you trying to make a meme out this?

push press, dumb cunt

>fucking useless
kys jeff.

Strength is literally 50% of the reason to lift unless you're a faggot or a woman.