Amish and other anti-modern tech societies

So what's the deal with the Amish in terms of their use of technology? What's the logic behind what technologies they are allowed to use and what ones they aren't? How do they determine this?

Pic related, apparently plastic water bottles are fine?

qt alert on the right

If I'm not mistaken OP, certain groups of Amish use certain technology. Like, some Amish may use tractors whilst others don't. Some may use computers and phones while others don't.

They consider the effects of technology on their way of life before adopting them, it's that simple.

She would look better with a cock deep in her throat.

Wiki has a list. Depends on the community they belong too. Some use tractors but refuse to use rubber tyres and other weird rules.

That was implied desu

Do you guys think the Amish will continue exist for a long time? Say more than the next 3-4 generations. There was this TV-show about them and if I remember right a lot of the young ones didn't want to stick to the lifestyle. Then again Amish that would allow TV cameras to film them might not be representative of the collective in the first place.

If there's a solar flare or other scenario in which modern electronics and power grids are destroyed, they will be the best situated to go on with business as usual. They have the potential to outlast modern civilization, assuming they have the ability to defend themselves effectively against outsiders.

>If there's a solar flare or other scenario in which modern electronics and power grids are destroyed, they will be the best situated to go on with business as usual.

No because those living in modernized societies will at least have people skilled n engineering, information technology, or mechanics, in addition fuckloads of firearms that Amish women will just wetten the poles of Post-Apocalyptic Motorcycle Warlords.

If the SHTF, the Amish will be overrun, their shit stolen, their women raped. Come to think of it, that'll happen to about everybody though.

The amish already have their rumspringa time to show the outside world to the young. It works pretty well at making sure the future generation will be content with being amish, and their feritility rates are high enough the few that leave don't really matter. And lets be honest here, the outside world is only getting shittier while the amish aren't.

>They have the potential to outlast modern civilization, assuming they have the ability to defend themselves effectively against outsiders.
They are radical pacifists user. Assuming industrial civilization collapses (for whatever reason), their skills and mindset will be worth gold though. They'd make the perfect serfs for whatever martially minded group willing to exploit them, and would probably interbreed with them afterwards. Their culture and religion might not survive, but the people would do alright I think.

>The amish already have their rumspringa time to show the outside world to the young. It works pretty well at making sure the future generation will be content with being amish

Do they take them to skid row and seedy strip clubs or something?

They leave the community and need to live in the outside world for some amount of time. Then, if they choose to return they can.

How do I get an Amish gf?

>if I remember right a lot of the young ones didn't want to stick to the lifestyle
I believe it's 1 in 10 Amish don't return home after seeing the outside world and what it has to offer. And despite what you may think, there's really no hard feelings between them and the community because it's the choice they made.

Become Amish.

The most important aspect that they consider is the vanity of the technology. They actually have no problems with technology, just the separation of a tool for the betterment of the whole over a personal value.

For example, in their communal workshops, the love the fuck out of electric lights and pneumatic tools. They will even have a telephone, and maybe even a simple computer. That is purely for the business as well being of the community at large though, and is completely removed from their lives otherwise. When they leave the workshop, they leave the tools.

Make sense?

I read someone saying the amount of people leaving the amish has been going down and down because of assorted mating making them more satisfied with their lifestyle.

Amish O-face

As with all religious rules, it's completely devoid of reason and logic.

So a kind of commie-tech morale.

Not every form of communal living is communism holy fuck. Communists are materialists, Amish are certainly not.