Keto: Worth it?

I want to do keto so bad, is it worth it?

I want to spurge out on it really quickly and lose like 40lb, and afterwards I want to go Pescetarian full time and focus on vegetables/fruits/water more.

I just need my ass kicked so I can do it, I know if I focus I can pull it off.

No plebbit links pls, redpill me on Keto my anonbros/sises

Just do things properly from the beginning and stop looking for the easy way out. You need to change your mindset or you'll never make it.

But bro I'm breddy desperate right now.

If I can lose 40lb really quickly, I will start training "properly" and do it the right way. I just need quick results right now.

>t. Overweight but very qt user

No. Instant gratification is the reason you are the way you are. You need to stop that and do it properly. It takes time, patience and willpower. You need to get used to these 3 things if you want to make it and not slip back into being a fat shit.

I did it, i worked for me so take it as anecdotal evidence, if you are a fucking fatass your skin is gonna sag because of the fast weight loss, you need to get rid of the fatass on your mind first if not you will return to you weight as soon as you end your Diet, i relapsed one, then changed my habits and being in maintenance ever since.
If you want a Quick Fix, there are none, Keto is just weight loss accelerated, but will not fix your shitty fat fagot mind

You won't lose it "really quickly". Probably 2lbs a week.

Keto is easy enough but you still gotta count calories.

Split your calorie intake so you get 40% protein 60% fat..

Eat under 30g of carbs a day, and make sure it's only carbs from green veggies and not sugar or starchy food like rice, potatoes, fruit, chocolate, bread.

Longer you're in ketosis the deeper it gets and releases more ketones, you'll burn fat even better.

As you get deeper into keto you become "fat adapted" and stop craving carbs as fat is now your primary fuel.

First few days will be tough without carbs, but after about 5 days you'll stop craving carbs as you'll be fat adapted.

Typical meal for me is "beef steak, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, loads of raw spinach"

Or "2 chicken breasts, advocado, spring onion mushrooms raw spinach"

I eat cream cheese and normal cheese too. I drink unsweetened almond milk if I want a tasty milk type drink for a treat.

Don't eat too many nuts because they're high calorie and not particularly filling. Nuts wont kick you out of keto.

I eat about 4 meals a day.

You still gotta eat under calorie maintainence to lose weight; but keto will help you feel more full and satisfied. Don't forget to eat green vegetables to help add bulk to your meal and fill you up. Fat and protein together is a filling combination.

I can tell you my experience with keto:
>me 75kg, want to get rid of like just 5kg
>try keto for 2 weeks, very strict and shit
>day 10?
>shit myself, literally shit myself
>day 11~
>dreamt about apples and shit, was still craving sugar
>couldnt concentrate
and that was the end, dropped that retarded shit after 12 days or something. keto might work for like 300+lb hambeasts but not for regular people that just want to get rid of some kg.

I still believe the whole keto shit was just a Veeky Forums meme just like ss+gomad. if it was gz, you fuckers tricked me.

I was able to do five lbs a week to go from 250 to 190, but you'd better do a shitload of cardio. Buy an exercise bike so you NEVER have an excuse not to be on it.

I got a lot of useful info from pro-ana/thinspo sites but you have to mentally filter out the "airhead" content.

You need to teach yourself to love work, thrive on self-mastery, and end forever any bad shit in your diet.

You can lose weight MUCH faster than you can build muscle, and if you stay fully hydrated and learn what supps work for you it's safe.

I can do keto or any food. COUNT CALORIES. You don't need a ritual, you need a digital EatSmart scale.

Why? Because spring scales are junk and you cannot learn to correct for hydration using one. Weigh in the morning and before bed to learn how hydration affects you. Water is good, fat is bad, they are not the same.

No pain, no weight loss, but afterward it is VERY easy to eat healthy. Throw away all the bad food you own. NOW. DO it NOW.

You will learn not to be a procrastinating piece of shit. Your thought processes are why you are fat. Stop respecting wrongthought, stop respecting your inner bitch.

Enjoy the fight. Life is war. Like it.

>40% protein
>keto

Keto is 70-80% fat

I used Keto in the past. Its not so bad because cooking for it is simple as shit, just like the kcal counting for it.

Ultimately it doesnt matter what you use, just keep that calorie deficit.
Right now I'm simply tracking my shit with my fitness pal. It allows you to scan the food barcode so tracking calories is MEGA easy.
Then you type in your daily calorie goal and whenever you add something to the tracker it deducts it from your limit.
If you reach it stop eating no matter what.
Just having that limit set up will naturally make you look for foods that keep you sated. 2000kcal from chicken breast, beans and tomatos is much more filling than one pizza.

Seriously with tools like that nobody should have an excuse.

the type of diet has nothing to do with how much weight you can lose. if you truly want the fastest weight loss regime search for "rapid fat loss lyle mcdonald". I dont recommend it because I think it is too harsh but if you want to torture yourself and lose as fast as possible go for it user.

Otherwise just clean up your current diet, go 500-750kcal below you TDEE and start exercising a bit more.

I want to try keto but i can't figure out what to do about calories. With a regular diet I need about 3000 calories to put on muscle but what if i switched to keto? Is keto for just losing fat or can you put on muscle while doing so?

i'm lactose intolerant. What kind of foods do you eat to get enough fat into your diet? Is everyone just drinking bottles of olive oil?

Keto is mostly a weight loss diet. I did gain a little muscle when doing so and can be used as a lifestyle diet but I wouldn't try to gain muscle on it.

Lies. Type of diet can have an impact.

Why do you want to try it? Do you hate carbs, want to poo and pee weird or what?

Greens with a good amount of oil. Fatty cuts of meat. Bulletprrof coffee. Ehh, honestly if you can't do cheese I'd find a different diet.

Butter, lard, oils, eggs, fatty meats

Yeah very wrong. Count carbs, low calories is a natural side effect to that. A lot of other shit in this post is wrong as well.

ribbit.com/r/keto

I did keto in the past to lose weight and it worked really well. The thing about keto is that fat and protein fill you up really quickly and keep you full so it's actually easier to eat less calories than on a regular diet. Also it teaches you discipline because restricting carbs is really fucking hard.

As other posters said though ultimately it's up to how motivated you are. Keto isn't going to make you magically lose weight if you're still eating 3kcal per day

Anyone else doing something like carb backloading or carbnite? I've been on it for a few months and seen some pretty good progress. i've lost about 3-4 inches off my gut. and about 11-13 lbs. off the scale. Trying to go from 29 to 19% body fat.

You wont lose 40lbs quicker just because keto lol eat whatever you want, paleo, keto, iifym, yogo. 1500kcal of keto = 1500kcal of paleo when it comes to weight loss. If there's a weight difference it's most likely water weight.

Incorrect

Keto's a fantastic way to lose water weight and muscle.