NEW YEAR'S FAQ FOR RESOLUTIONERS
>How do I lose weight?
Eat less
>How do I get big and muscular?
Lift and eat more
>Can you explain?
Read the sticky in its entirety

why am I completely isolated and how do I escape

find an activity, literally anything. Start doing it more. Get invested. Join a club or register for an event that's in-town.

To the fat user, smoke weed then go for a run

Didnt get answered in the last thread

size vs strength
I am starting to play rugby and I was wondering which was more useful

Does rest time in between sprints matter or should I try to limit rest periods as much as possible to keep heart rate up?

I've been on trt for a couple months now after blast and haven't lifted shit. I've lost 15lb and I just checked my FFMI and I'm still over the natty limit. How is that even possible? I look small as fuck. Is the Fat Free Mass Index a meme? I thought it was more accurate for people that lift.

How do I become flexible?

By stretching

So I started doing this Rippetoe's Starting Strength revisited, literally from the sticky.
Anyway i've always known my lower back is weak as fuck. And with this I feel my lower back getting tons of exercise. Specially when doing squats. I mean shouldn't squats mainly work on my legs? Or is my form just so shit that I feel it in back more than legs? I really want to add more weight but i'm afraid of snapping my back.

It's the same thing. Lifting will make you stronger which will also make you bigger. Whatever's best for Rugby isn't something you can physically nail down.

You don't want to overwork your heart. Resting between sprints is extremely important.

The Squat is a compound exercise, IE it works multiple groups of muscles. If you're squatting 3 times a week and your back was already weak, you're definitely going to feel it more. Just keep progressing, the soreness/tightness fades away with time.

Only caffeine supps i can find from supermarket/supp stores is a 250 tablet container of 'mutant caffeine'. It just looks like plain 200mg caffeine tablets but with the mutant branding. It's probably better than me buying energy drinks. Its only 20 bucks but its basically the only caffeine supp i can find. Should i go for it?

Not necessarily factoring in cost, which is generally better as a source of protein: chicken, pork, beef, or some other meat? Or is it maybe some kind of vegan shit?

>inb4 just drink protein powder
Fuck you

I deserve shame for creating a second thread after searching QTDDTOT and not also looking for the picture

What's a good HIIT sprinting/running plan to use at the track at my gym? I wanna start doing some form of cardio

You're looking in the wrong places. Every grocery store with a medicine section has caffiene pills using store brand, super cheap. Look next to the advil.

I have a numb feeling in my left last for the past few years, no idea why, any ideas?

eggs

new zealand has nodoz but theyre super fucking expensive. I've checked several times but the supermarkets only have multivits/fish oil and common stuff thats expensive as fuck and aimed at people that just buy random crap for the sake of it. Parmacies have caffeine supps but theyre branded and more expensive. The mutant caffine pills look like generic caffeine and are far cheaper than what our shops have to offer.

nerve damage,

No, you fucking moron.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONERS' FAQ:

>How do I...
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND READ THE GOD DAMNED STICKY.

How do I sleep in a new position, I want to start sleeping on my back but I'm just lying here not falling asleep.

Not counting cost? Chicken, 100%. Less fatty than beef, cheaper than beef, hundreds of way to cook it.

how to runner's high if obese

you don't. Runner's aren't obese.

ok tq

use a bike, if you cant afford or fit on one i would say swim but you gotta exert urself pretty hard

as an 18 year old, if i take HGH boosters, is it possible to gain height if my growth plates aren't closed? or would it be a waste of money?

Are using filters on your photo for fb lame as a male? (not a shirtless mirror selfie)

tq user

What exercises do you guys do to build core/obliques? My figure looks like a pear right now and I want to fix that. What can I do?

Social skills are still skills - they require practice.
Work at it bitch

Deadlifts, heavy OHP, landmine press.

Currently using this program (I pretty much modified stronglifts), I do push ups, pull ups, chin ups, farmer's walks and dips on randomly chosen days, but I feel I need more accessories, any examples, and also thoughts on program?

Any one know a good leg/lower body routine for beginners?

What's the progression like on this program?
Looks kinda like 5/3/1 desu

Good accessories are DB press, DB rows, curls (you don't wanna snap your shit up diddlying with a mixed grip, do you?), leg raises, skullcrushers, DB pullovers, face pulls, ab shit.

squat 5x5 deadlift 1x5

for MWF workout routines (like SL routine), what do I do on tuesday, thursday, and saturday?

Should I work on muscles that I want to give extra attention, or do they expect you to do cardio?

inb4: you are supposed to have 4 rest days a week because I need to go to the gym 6 days a week (I have no life outside of exercise)

Well the initial 5x5 mon wed fri progam was built for high school football players so you can do a shitload of additional work

Just pick a different routine with more frequency.
Shit like calves and biceps can be hammered all the time - they recover fast as fuck.

oh fuck, I actually did not think about progression
It's only been one week, I guess I could increase everything by 5kg (10lbs) every 2 weeks, I don't really know kek

Just go with a tried program that has progression biult in. GLSP is fun as fuck for example. You can apply it's principles to your own workout (AMRAP sets), but it does require microplates to do properly.

You probably have to progress a little slower on OHP and bench relative to squats and diddlies

Cheapest source for bulk whey powder?

How do I decide on my target weight? I am at 15% bodyfat, and all the ideal bodyweight calculators out there say I should be 20% lighter.

That can't be right can it? If I get more muscular -which was the main goal- then I get heavier, no?

What are Veeky Forums approved part time jobs?

I Live in the PNW with cushy state job.

Want to pick up something part time, pad my savings and improve my out -of-the-gym strength.

You don't you use the mirror to decide when you look good

myprotein

i wont have access to a squat rack for a bit, so does anyone have a good video for front squat form?
also should i be expecting to lift less on a front squat compared to a high bar squat?

what kind of rack is it that you can do front squats but not back squats?

he's probably doing a clean to get the barbell into position for a front squat

well it's benching rack that extends up, but not high enough or with enough space to get into a high bar squat position
i'm imagining that i could access it from the front however
i was doing this retarded swing upwards into normal squat position when i was starting out but it's way too dangerous/retarded to do now that i'm lifting heavier weights

>should i be expecting to lift less
Yes. Works the fuck out of your core tho.

Why not just get under the bar?
I set my rack so that it is around the middle of my torso and I squat it up, and then actually begin squatting

its actually connected to the bench, there's nowhere to comfortably put my legs and lift up
trust me, i wouldn't be asking this stuff if i could do normal squats safely

Normal squats are a meme anyway.
Front squats are just as good if not better for your posture/core.
t. lanklet

Hurt my ankle running a couple days ago. Hasn't really impacted my lifting, but it forced me to go a little easier on today's run.

It hurts if it gets stiff and I move it again, but otherwise it's mainly the running that hurts it. I'd hate to take time off of cardio since I'm finally making progress with it, but I also don't want to fuck my shit up.

Should I take time off running and if so, for how long?

so could you hook a nigga up with a good video on form? i keep seeing these shitty menshealth websites with wildly varying information

Don't have a video, but it's not rocket science.
When going down break with your knees, instead of your hips like on a back squat.
Stay upright, hold the barbell on your clavicle.

>hold the barbell on your clavicle
Wrong. You're supposed to move your delts forward and rest the bar on them. Placing too much weight on the clavicle will fuck it up

Do military press (not BTN), bench press, and barbell rows work delts enough or is it also necessary to do lateral raises?

What if I have it in the hole between the delt and claviicle? Am I not supposed to choke the fuck out of myself with the barbell?

Yeah go ahead and do laterals. Nothing else hits them directly that much.

Are you being serious?

Jokes aside, is it possible to become autistic to always be in the zone, concentrated on lifting and studying for work (I work in IT and I'm not one of the superstars who are simply insane and concentrated/obsessed all the time)?

Y-yes. Have I been fucking up the entire time?

What in your opinion is the healthiest cooking oil?

The bar can touch the clavicle and neck, but the actual weight needs to be supported by the delts. If you're resting the bar on the collarbone, you run the risk of stress fracture, and you shouldn't be "choking" yourself with the bar because you can damage the windpipe

Wrists start hurting as I increase weight. Should I do some exercises to increase wrist strength? Which Ines?

Is beta alanine a meme?

What are some good exercises if I wanna build a strong core?

If 2 people are of the same height and weight, but one has longer arms, will his arms likely appear less buff than the guy with shorter arms?

not if the other guy has lower bodyfat%

Yes

Just look at boxers/MMA fighters

Jon Jones has some skinny arms compared to Overeem

all supplements are memes period, you do not need any of them and most of them are certainly not even close to beneficial as companies and fitness gurus make them out to be.

With this gym (pic related) what routines can i do? I was gonna do reg parks but this gym seems to be missing everything required for it. Can anyone recommend a program?

So, I'm bulking and I stopped seeing my abs, unless in good light conditions.
What's a good BF% to stop bulking? 20%?

join a different one

Not possible ATM

See those barbells in the distance? Put weight on them.

No routine? Just meme around and do some sets on them? I was thinking of goblin squats or whatever they're called.

Weren't you talking about doing Reg Park's beginner routine?
You only need a barbell with weights and a place to do pull/chin-ups

>goblin squats
found the gains goblin

Don't i need a bench/squat rack for that?, and i really don't trust myself without a rack, since i'm weak as fuck.

This is some eyes and mirror-tier comment

Do it on the floor, fucking pussy.
You won't break your shit if you start light and slowly build your strength.

Thanks brother, will do. 'preciate the time and effort.

I'd say a little sooner, 17-18%

If I'm lifting for weight loss (2 months in now, lifted 2 years ago before taking a trip to Snap City), do I want to focus on size or strength gains?

do I really need to do bench press? I just started hoarding equipment and don't have a bench and desu I feel like OHP is more fun. I'll do some pushups now and then though.

Lower back started hurting yesterday evening (worked out in the morning) and got worse today. I was planning to go to the gym tomorrow but if my backs anything like it is today I won't be able to do most of my exercises. Just standing hurts and bending over is a pain in the arse.

I'm doing greyskull and tomorrow is my bench, row, squat day. What can/should I do? Is there anything I can supplement? Or is it safer to just not go? I don't want to skip but I don't wanna fuck my back up more.

Veeky Forums, I fucked up and rushed into deadlifting last night and now my coccyx is sore. What the fuck did I do and how do I fix it?

Is it an ache or searing pinched nerve pain? you should be able to bench fine either way but onbiously squatting and rows you will have to be really careful about start extra light and feel it out stop if you don't like how it feels

help evil doctor put me on testosterone now I am hungry all the time and eat a lot, ill get fat as fuck.

Focus on not snapping your shit up. Lighter weights will probably help.

exercise, self control,

People always talk about 5 reps vs 8 reps, but is there any harm in doing both in the same workout?

I want a balance of strength and muscle gains, so i've been doing 3x5 for the compounds and then 4x8-12 for accessories. Is this fine?

It feels like a pinched nerved pain, the pain is quite sharp when I move quickly . It's almost as if there is a string in my back being pulled and every time I move the string in a way my body doesn't like it hurts...so I guess nerves.

Could someone explain the Chloe Mortez meme to me?

im trying but its like my mind wont listen to me, im turning into an animal. I finished 2 pounds of chicken breast in 5 minutes alongside lentils and bread.

That's totally fine
Shit dawg seek medical attention just to get a check to make sure you aren't to broken and manage the pain a little so you can rehab your back. You won't be squatting or deadlifting anything heavy anytime soon