Redpill me on sweet potato

Redpill me on sweet potato

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-cancer-potential-of-sweet-potato-proteins/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are potatoes, just more sweet

It's real fucking food, goddammit!

Must eat if bulking. cant go wrong with meat and potatoes.

they aren't, entirely different genus. People who have arthritis can eat them as much as they want.

Po-ta-to

nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-cancer-potential-of-sweet-potato-proteins/

better than regular potatoes. just don't put a shit ton of marshmallows in with it like my sister does.

How the fuck did she even think of that in the first place

its a fairly common thanksgiving/holiday dish - prolly a holdover from the 60s/70s

That's a common southern dish. Sweet potato casserole.

too high in starch to include in meals at a level you would find tasty, has a high glycemic index. Not an ideal source of carbs unless you're poor

RIP in peace, Sweet potatoes ;_;

Something that people tend to overlook about sweet potatoes is that they are a great source of beta-carotene, which will make you turn your skin from an unattractive complexion to glowing healthy yellow (pic related).

Also they taste really good. Try making them into fries in an oven with a light covering of sunflower oil and some chilli powder.

They can lead to kidney stones if consumed frequently, they are high in oxalate which will bind to calcium to form stones.

It doesn't have a high glycemic index, and what do you mean it's too high in starch to include in meals?

Yeah, my fathers arthritis doesn't allow him to grip the more spherical shaped regular potato

They're low as fuck in oxalate

100% retard, the post.

here's a fun fact, people without arthritis can eat as many sweet potatoes as they want too

I could happily survive on baked sweet potato for at least a few months if they magically covered all my nutritional needs.

WHY THE FUCK DO PPL SPEAK ABOUT TOPICS THEY KNOW FUCK ALL SHIT ABOUT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Couple good stones never hurt

lower calorie than potato and contains serotonin
sweet potato > potato

Highest tier bracket of carbs.
>Up there with yams, oats, rice, and starchy veggies.

Hope you're not trying to imply that pale girls are unattractive, you fucking pleb

Dude, to achieve carotenosis you would need to eat 2 Kg of sweet potatoes every single day for months. Even with carrots is extremely difficult.

Realistically betacarotene tan is only achievable with supplements.

Black people enjoy eating them.

It's a vegetable, or tuber, and black people still put them in pies. Crazy niggers are making vegetable pies. And not like a chicken pot pie, but like an apple or cherry type of pie with orange fucking potatoes in it. Take that shit back to Zimbabwe.

Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

>sweet potatoes are up there with yams on the highest tier of carbs
>sweet potatoes
>yams
>implying they aren't the same thing
???????

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SWEET POTATOES TASTE LIKE SHIT?

Shoo shoo, your tendies are over there ----->

They aren't you fucking cretin, you would know if you had actually tried either of them

So do they have any advantages over regular potatoes?

Very easy to cook, just put one in the microwave for a few minutes

Theyre from completely different families. In fact, one is a monocot and one is a dicot. They only resemble each other, just like regular potatoes.

the highest tiers of carbs are lentils and beans (unfortunately they digest too slow and might give gas, so it's a no go for pro competitors).

sweet potatos and fibrous vegetables are just below it, followed by oatmeal and brown rice.

Disgusting

How about chopping it up, tossing in olive oil, salt and garlic powder then throwing in the oven for 25-30 minutes? Easy as fuck, microwaves are for niggers

>tossing in olive oil
not everyone is a spooky skellington boy.

anyone who microwaves sweet potatos should fucking die in a fire.

You can literally dump it in the oven then end up with a godly side dish that literally needs a sprinkle of salt to taste amazing.

Not to mention vitamin a can be poisonous. It's probably the easiest vitamin to OD on, shit's bad for your liver.

Nigga I take 700mg of vitamin b6 every day (like, 70x the recommended value) and I'm not dead yet.

Kill yourself Nigger, some of us are busy and want some food within 5 minutes.

Maybe if I was on welfare and lazing around the house all day I could take an hour to slow roast some shit in grease.

>not knowing about fat soluble vs water soluble vitamins
>being this retarded

>says the guy who spends his time on Veeky Forums shitposting

Yeah, such a busy life, 2 jobs, + training intensely for your ifbb pro card, fucking idiot.

>implying I'm not at the gym now shitposting between sets

I.dont get this, i'm a very busy guy but you can literally throw a sweet potato and a chicken in the oven and then go take care of errands, dishes, work, lifting, bills, reading...literally anything you need to do.

If you're microwaving your sweet potatoes please don't blame that on anything other than you being a cretinous college retard.

> sweet potato with balsamic vinegar

>college

If by college you mean medical school then you're spot on

Do you think this impresses anyone when you still microwave your food?

>debate is about microwaving sweet potatoes
>assumes this means I microwave all food all the time

Damn you niggers really are stupid and grasping at straws

>gets proven retarded in
>latches onto the word "college" and changes the subject
>thinks he won anything

Lmoa

Good pre workout carb, extremely good source of potassium. If you're trying to cut and still hit your micros it's pretty much a must have.

Fuck off I microwave my sweet potatoes when I want them fast, cook them in the oven when I have time. It's not like microwaving something for 4 minutes turns it into radioactive sludge.

but bro, hes gonna be nurse one day, he's WAY too fucking busy to set his sweet potatos in the oven on a timer(along with his other meals).

gotta eat ramen and microwave shit all day bro, cause like, he's SO busy, literally 5 hours of sleep, 1.5 hours for the gym and everything else is study/work.

and not shitposting in Veeky Forums like the retard that he is.

No. Beta-carotene is just a precursor of vitamin A. Your body does not produce any more vitamin A above your exact needs. You won't get hypervitaminosis from beta-carotene

>Wash sweet potato
>Coat with a small layer of olice oil (optional, adds maybe like 4 calories but makes the sweet potato way more moist and tender)
>Wrap in foil and bake in oven at 400 for 40-60 mins
>Top with salt, cinnnamon, half a tbsp of butter and 2 tbsps of sour cream. (110 extra calories)
I eat this atleast 3 times a week with my dinnner.

It's an Amerilard thing

Nice

I chop them into fries and put them on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and coriander. I also eat it at least 3x/week, im gonna try yours though