How healthy and good for gains/protein is shrimp as a seafood?

How healthy and good for gains/protein is shrimp as a seafood?

My local fish store had a sale for $4.50 a pound on shrimp yesterday, I bought 6 pounds at that cheap a price and chucked them all in my freezer for the next month or so's meals.

What this a good investment?

Other urls found in this thread:

ecowatch.com/mercury-in-seafood-how-much-is-too-much-1881943337.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its fucking awesome.

If you can get it cheap, shrimp are great, great value for protein.

Unless you're allergic.

Yes but aside from allergies, is there any necessarily downsides to eating shrimp consistently?

And also are they a source of omega 3 fatty acids?

As with other seafood, shrimp is high in calcium, iodine and protein but low in food energy. A shrimp-based meal is also a significant source of cholesterol, from 122 mg to 251 mg per 100 g of shrimp, depending on the method of preparation.[6] Shrimp consumption, however, is considered healthy for the circulatory system because the lack of significant levels of saturated fat in shrimp means that the high cholesterol content in shrimp actually improves the ratio of LDL to HDL cholesterol and lowers triglycerides.[7]

Shrimp are high in levels of omega-3s (generally beneficial) and low in levels of mercury (generally toxic),[8] with an FDA study in 2010 showing a level of 0.001 parts per million, analysing only methylmercury.[9]

i love shrimp, but too much will give me nuclear gas thatll strip the paint off the walls. something to remember too is that if shrimp is pink, its cooked and theres no need to cook it further beyond warming it up. otherwise you're left with a stringy/tough/unpleasant meal. if you're boiling raw shrimp, just boil it until it just turns pink, then cool it down with ice water.

i used to hate shrimp until i realized i had no idea how to cook it

>investment

>enjoy your returns

Shrimp are great - but you won't make any money on them

You only borrow them for a couple days...

Investments as in returns on gains and nutrition as consumed foods.

I wish that shit was cheaper here.
People who live close to the sea must have it great.

Shrimp, Jasmine rice, and mixed vegetables (lima beans, broccoli, corn, peas, green beans) be a strong average meal to take for lunch ?

do you actually shit out everything you eat and retain none of the nutrition? get yourself to a doctor bro

Gotta remember not to eat it every day though, due to mercury:
ecowatch.com/mercury-in-seafood-how-much-is-too-much-1881943337.html
Though it looks like shrimp has some of the lowest mercury content of all seafood.

Some people are way too paranoid about mercury.
Shrimp every day would be absolutely fine as they contain next to none.
I eat a can of sardines and one of those foil packets of tuna every single day and have no problems. Seafood is GOAT protein and fatty acids.

>tfw eat fish and seafood basically daily

how fucked am I? If I switch to meat I also get fucked

If I only eat veggies I die from the pesticides

you are not fucked unless you eat like a kilo of tuna a day

Were they frozen when you bought them?

It's a strong choice

Honestly i feel it does better in a tomato seafood pasta but that's obvs less portable

the lower on food chain the animal the less mercury it has
guess where shrimps are

avoid eating too much shark and canned tuna
fresh tuna out of smaller specimens are fine

i ate a fuckton of those for like 2 months and nothing happened

eventually got bored of it

I always add a few shrimp to my scrambled eggs in the morning along with the occasional tomatoes and pablanos. Amazing way to hit your protein goals on a cut

I hate hearing all the mercury shit. I eat fish like 6 meals a week (talapia, salmon, tuna, shrimp).

Figure it can't be worse than what is in beef/pork/chicken

Any of you got one of those easy as to cook recipe?
I was sick this week and couldn't prep meals.

>I have no problems

Let us know when you're 65 and developing signs of alzheimers

sardines are fine. tuna every day maybe isn't a good idea.

>tuna - where broscience and momscience collide