Stomach Vacuums

Hey Veeky Forums, anybody here ever try stomach vacuums? All the old school bodybuilders used to do them and I hate the look of bloated abs.
>Pic related

Yes, do them. Godtier exercise for your transverse abdominis.

i do them every night before bed.

I have abs already, but how soon will i start seeing results I do 3×10 secs 3× a day

bout a month or so

Should I pull my lower ribs in when doing them as well? It's kinda painful but I think it might be my muscles being really weak. I've been sitting for so long I don't think they're used to getting switched on.

This exercise is essentially atrophying your core muscles. I understand the appeal of a v-taper but note that a good v-taper is predominatly determined by genetics (see: frame) and is it really worth having a weak core? Lots of a old school bodybuilding techniques are based on complete nonsense

Yeah I do them.

>exercise is essentially atrophying
>exercise
>atrophying

nyr pls go

Yes, because making your ab muscles look smaller involves making them look bigger? Wait...

You have literally zero idea what you're talking about. Please kill yourself.

Im not doing them to get more of a V taper im trying to get flat abs

also helps ppl who have ATP

Can anyone do an ab rope? I can vacuum for a minute and want to learn how to ab rope because it looks cool.

Whats an ab rope [sorry i naturally have abs so i domt work them] no bully pls

Whats that

When you suck in the sides and push out the middle, just an ab trick like making your abs cascade

How do you do that

do 5x30 sec, morning and evening.

every 5 sec tighten it up and push air out. then after the 30 sec, take a 30 sec breathing break and then do the next 4 sets

anterior pelvic tilt

Is there much point to doing these if you're still too fat to see your abs? Recovering fatty here with a muffin top, just wondering if these are something I should start now or just wait until I'm a low bf%

How do you do these? If I feel my stomach getting sucked in is it correct? I'm skinny fat so I can't tell what my abs are doing but it feels strange

I second this, transverse abdominis is so underrated but its important, vacuums are amazing, I'll do them throughout the day, most of the time in the shower and out of the shower.