Hey Veeky Forums Unpacking Time! Help a lifting noob edition

So been doing body weight for 10 months now, and finally I could afford some equipment, so I'm 100% retarded in general lifting, been lurking for a while but I got terrible form. How do I prevent snapping. Also how should I know how much to lift?

TLDR: im retarded, Tips to avoid snap city.

Thanks in advance!

this better be bait

Also, it's supposed to be 70 lbs, total in plates, tho I'm weak, so if i need more ill order more plates!

babbys first weights

Sadly it's not, I'm a proud noob, you have to start somewhere

>Also how should I know how much to lift?
are you really this dense? Start with the lowest possible and goup intil you feel confortable

That's what I did. I started with a 70lbs - 30kg kit of discs + barbell + dumbbell pair, and as I progressed (for lifts like squats or deadlifts it was in a matter of sessions) I began to order more, heavier discs.

This christmas I got myself a rack to not kill myself when doing squats; next thing I'm going to buy is a bench.

why not join a gym retard

Stay away from this place if you need actual advice.

Read the sticky, and then go to reddit.com/r/fitness

Veeky Forums is full of autistic DYEL memers at this point

>actually going in reddit
go and stay there, faggot

I ended up doing 2 10 lbs per side, so 40 lbs+ the bar. Idk if people count the bar desu.

4 chan, has its own style of advice, it actually can be extremely good!

Yea go to reddit that way you can be applauded when you post progress pics this time next year and have made no or negative progress. You'll get le ebin roddin gold and a million karmas with people telling you how great you're doing

Or come to Veeky Forums and we can tell you how you look like shit, your routine is shit, and you should kys as it is the only way to fix it

Veeky Forums actually provides good advice on almost every board; you just have to understand it.

Welcome to the iron. Whatever your goal, I highly recommend looking up powerlifting videos that will teach you how to lift properly. As far as how much weight, it really depends I suggest you download a 1 rep max calculator to find out where you're at. Do a certain weight for a certain number of reps then put it in the calculator. It will till you a 1 rep max from there you should work off the percentages it gives you. Hope that helps.

That doesnt look olympic always buy olympic m8

A proper barbell weighs 20 kg and is counted, but that bar doesn't look like it weighs all that much though.

Start at the sticky.

/r/fitness is terrible. it's an echo chamber of new lifters parroting the same dumb shit, posting the same fucking dumb routines (no, you don't need a goddamn "leg day"), and linking to the same shitty youtube celebs who don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Does oly barbell matter that much? and why kid?

If you plan on moving serious weight at any point then youd be better off buying a regulation size which all oly plates will fit. Also what is the weight capacity of that bar?

ps. i am not op

You'll prob find it a nice workout at first since learning proper form is exhausting. You'll most definitely need more plates after a month or two. Good luck OP