>Can't get nearly as many sicknesses transfered from them
>Cheaper
>Far more environmentally friendly
>Taste just as good and there are more flavors than regular meat
Literally the only reason I hear is. "EWW THEY ARE ICKY!"

Other urls found in this thread:

firebox.com/Scorpion-Vodka/p1468
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ive tried grasshoppers, was fucking disgusting.

never tried. what do you recommend? where do you get them?

Where would I buy them?

I doubt that the macro breakdown is cheaper than meat.

Seriously, if you find me a source on bugs that gets more grams of protein per dollar than meat, I'll buy it

But how many calories are in them?

I'm not Asian

I've nothing to verify it but I think I remember reading that insects have the highest protein to weight ratio out of everything, far exceeding meat.

More for you then

Literally every place but America and Europe offer insects everywhere. You could probably buy insects from a spanish or asian place.

Oh my god, there is this guy at my gym, he attends it same hours as I do, and he talks so much (it's small gym), but at least he doesn't hit up conversations with me. I think it was like the 3rd time he was talking about starting a foodtruck with cockroaches and snails. He glorifies it for an amount of protein they contain but I don't think he ever ate a cockroach himself. Like he says in Thailand they like it so much. Like he says it's a food of the future. Like he says all he need is a about 100 grands, and he can start his business of life. Holy shit. Besides that he also talk how expensive are some snail's egg and I don't really get it, so whatever. Last time he started talking about this shit I actually had to stop curls I was doing, because I just couldn't handle this shit anymore and I burst out laughing and saying "fuck man, I just can't". For some reason he thought I was just disgusted by what he was talking about and mentioned something about me not being able to eat a meal after a workout. All this insect stuff became a meme for me, all cause of this guy. He also says he is only watching history and culinary channels in TV, that he trains his brain playing some mobile games and that goverment is going to slain all intelligent people and chip the dumb ones. I am more than sure he would be safe. By the way I live in Poland, so there is no way his cockroach dream would have worked out in any way.

I lived in Thailand for 2 years and no one really eats them.

You see them sold as meme food to tourists, but outside of the poor country areas everyone just eats normal food.

Ok you first

Cheaper? They're 10x more expensive than chicken breast here.

I ate a Scorpion. Tastes like shredded wheat

Do sea insects like crabs and lobster count? ^_^

I'd very much like the try this. Where did you buy yours?

Locusts... deep fried, they tasted strongly of sesame and cheap chicken because they had literally eaten the entire sesame harvest of my grandparents.

The family were pretty mad, so we grabbed farming implements and wailed away at literally millions of those goddamn fuckers. Luckily my grandparents had some insurance to recover some of the cost of losing their produce but damn it. All that work growing it, and it gets eaten by the little fuckers.

The noise is amazing too. They also get everywhere, I had some up my pant legs because I forgot tuck them into my socks to keep them out. Anyways, we had lots of them to cook and eat. We mind as well try to enjoy what we can.

I ate a live crab that i caught on the beach one time. He was salty & i was drunk. I ate his little ass whole. Ass whole

I had this one firebox.com/Scorpion-Vodka/p1468 as a gift. They really aren't bad. There's talk about insects being the food of the future as population increases

Overpopulated third-world countries that can't afford real food.

Sounds like you're getting chipped bro

>Would be fine with eating insects because of high protein numbers and potential for integration into recipes
>The only ways to buy them is from stupidly expensive novelty companies
Even the places trying to market them as food are extremely expensive.

Chitin blows, I don't fuck with frying shit up, there's shit loads of healthy compounds in meat, and fuck the environment it's fucked anyway

>this thread
You people would eat semen if it had enough grams of protein it. Fucking hell, have some standards lads.

Why is eating insects somehow lower standard than cow?

found the beta male who cant stomach anything but basic bitch food

You eat your worms and cockroaches, I'll just have some beans

>raise cockroaches
>thought about trying one once

Because the year isn't 2175 & I'm an American.

Pork roast Tuesday, bitch!

>You people would eat semen
>would

kek

If the people selling them get their shit together and reduce the prices i will get them daily...
>tfw payed 15 euros for 20g of crickets
>it was the cheapest on amazon

Pic related till then i will stick to my activated almonds

why would they reduce prices when retards like you still pay for them?

Cheaper? Bug Protein is like 10x the price of Chicken

yeh if u live in america where chicken tastes like rubber and is dirt cheap

Like some other anons have said I'd try it but most are saying it ain't worth it bruh so why bother if you ain't gonna bring facts to back Ye up.

Because the only stores that have them are in Chinatown (that would be Vancouver's Chinatown) and that place is fucking nasty.

For me it's eating muscle rather than the whole organism. It weirds me out eating the guts and shit left inside of it.

And yet the Haitians are eating dirt instead.

I payed for it once. The problem is they dont really mass produce yet. Its more like little glass boxes

On the surface it seems like this, however eating an entire mealworm for instance is a higher percentage of lean protein than a steak. The "guts and shit" left inside ends up being such a minuscule amount.

Just a mental thing i guess. Can't eat shrimp with their shit stripe still in them either. I also don't value protein over enjoyment. I swapped to chicken thighs instead of breasts for that exact reason. If I'm gonna eat this shit until I die I want to be able to enjoy it until then, not just drudge through it.

Has more micros but less protein.

And I'd also have to eat 200 grasshoppers per serving

> I haz a question!
Have you developed the roach allergy yet?

>if it had enough grams of protein
yeah that's the reason let's go with that user good call

myfuckingsides.crz

Allergy?

>cheaper

$30 for 80 grams of roasted crickets vs $25 for a 300 gram steak with salad and vegetables at the pub.

I've eaten bugs before but yeah, fuck off mate.

>What is economy of scale

Do you Even activate your almonds

No shit. That still backs up my point. Insects would be cheaper if they were more popular, but they're not. So they aren't cheap, unlike what OP said.

Illegal to sell as food in Finland and I can't be assed to grow some myself. However if they were available dried, frozen, or powdered I'd try it.

Why do people pretend like the environment and pressures on meat is going to compel us to eat insects?
What'll happen is the same as always - the first world will carry on and the rest will eat insects
And i live in the uk so i've no reason to care

rice is like not much money
for lots of calories

had grasshoppers in an australian pub once as part of a dare.
tasted of nothing but the oil they were fried it.

dried grasshoppers
100g = 559 kcal
48,2g protein
1,1g carbs
38,1g fat

brutal truth
whats also funny is we all could live on rice alone and lose tons of weight doing so

>Giant Steak
Isn't slaughtering giants banned in the US now?

but big ass rice farming is pretty shit for the enviroment too, i read somewhere (iirc)

Cause I live in the beef capital of the world fuck your bugs nugs

Not bugs but a 1lb bag of lentils cost $1 and will have like 80-90g of protein

>insects

user...

I tried crickets once. They tasted exactly like that very distinctive smell in the animal food section of a supermarket. Not good but not disgusting either. I could imagine using them as an ingredient in stews and such

I heard spiders are the ultimate protein bros though. Over 60% protein in those little guys

Underrated.

They don't taste so good if I'm honest.

Has anyone tried to grow their own insects? Seems like the problem is the high cost due to low demand and production, yet insects are fucking easy to keep alive and to grow. Couldn't one just start a grasshopper or mealworm grow-op in their closet?