Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

Does lifting help deal with crippling loneliness and depression? Has it improved your life in general? Someone told me you guys know what I need to do in order to be happy. Is that true?

Me:
>24 years old
>Classically handsome white American
>Stay active (hiking with my dog and such), but don't usually lift
>Haven't had a "friend" in 6-7 years
>Haven't had a meaningful conversation outside of work or family in 3-4 years
>Work as a freelance branding consultant, $95K-$100K a year.
>Own my own home.
>Girlfriend of 4 years that I haven't fucked in over a year because she cheated on me awhile back and even though I fucked her sister for awhile to make myself feel better about it I'm disgusted by her presence sexually (inb4 just dump her, I can't, the family likes her and I need to stay in favor)

I have looks and money, but life still seems like a shit sandwich. Will lifting help me socially and enlighten me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Igt-jW4e8ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh and uh since it seems like such a big deal on here I should clarify my height is 6'1"-6'2"

It wont fix anything you want it to. You have GF and monies.

You need a social hobby. Like a hobby that forces you to be around others and them you.
I think my sister does like beer league kickball and softball. I do other shit but I'm just sayin thats how adults meet i guess.

You sound like a whiny bitch. Get over yourself. Your situation doesn't sound too bad.

From what you've disclosed, you are a successful young man with a lot of potential.

The real question here is: why are you failing at relationships? There's a lot you aren't sharing with us here.

tldr: lifting does not cure your shitty personality, but it sure does make you look good

What do you do socially user?

The loneliness and self-hatred only really come about when I'm drunk. So I've severely limited my drinking

You have everything we want. You can even cheat on girls. With their siblings, no less! There is nothing for you here but big legs and milk.

>There's a lot you aren't sharing with us here.

Yea that's accurate, but I didn't want to write a blog about my feelings. Let's just say the self hatred is strong with me.

If i strengthen my body won't that help complete the (mind, body, soul) triangle.

Good on you dude. I hope you can keep it up.

>If i strengthen my body won't that help complete the (mind, body, soul) triangle
Yes, because real life is like the horoscope section out of a women's magazine.

I'm an Aquarius. You?

Lifting, and exercise in general, will improve your mood, probably yeah. But if you have a lot of things bringing you down it can't make up for everything. Still start lifting, maybe it'll make you feel good enough to solve the other things.

That gave me a chuckle user, but let's be real here. If the reason I'm unhappy is because my personality is shit and people don't want to be around me what can I do about it? People don't change. I've come to terms with the fact that I will never have a connection with another human being that runs deeper than being an acquaintance. Are you saying I actually NEED to be social in order to be happy?

If gaining aesthetics and discipline through lifting isn't going to enlighten me what can I really do?

This is solid advice. Thanks. Have my favorite reaction image in exchange.

get rid of the bitch

none of your other problems will even begin to solve themselves until you do

>because she cheated on me awhile back
C.UCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!

I didn't like watch them user. I only found out about it at a later date when her 18 year old college freshman bangin sister admitted it to me and then blew me while my girlfriend slept in the other room.

>hit 2/3/4.5/5
>still no bf

People can change, it just kinda sucks.

Lifting might help you, its a good keystone habit that can lead to other positive changes in your life, and having something you work hard and progress at could help you realize that you can do the same with just about any other aspect of your life. It's also good for you, so even if it doesn't help with the personality issues you'll be healthier and feel better physically at least.

No.

If you already have all those things then you need some serious changes in mentality.

Travel, find social hobbies, do something you enjoy (i assume you don't like work), create something, find friends, fuck a lot of women, etc etc.

Obviously stay healthy but you seem to have basically no reason to be the least bit unhappy. If I was in your position (assuming you live in a place where home owning isn't easy) then I would already be set for life and retire after 20 years or less.

>branding people are shallow anti social fucks

Gee who knew

Looks like someone doesn't have a whole lot of freedom and is playing it safe. kek

No matter what you do, you will have the same amount of happiness. So go out and live a little and I don't mean throw your life away, but get some life experience man. Broaden your horizons, or perhaps your too scared to see how little your life really is.

Happiness is a by product of working towards a goal. You don't get that kick of dopamine for achieving something, but by putting hand and foot inch by inch till you get there.

youtube.com/watch?v=Igt-jW4e8ts

>(inb4 just dump her, I can't, the family likes her and I need to stay in favor)
Well no wonder you're depressed. You're doing better in life than 98% of people yet you're still a class A pussy.

Post a pic of yourself. I want to see what a body looks like that strict presses 2plate

Are you cute?

6'1 with sandy blond hair and blue / gray eyes

In 2-3 years I will be running the family company. Everything I've done since I graduated highschool has been to achieve this goal. Getting a long term girlfriend was part of the plan in the first place. She is inconsequential to my life in every other aspect and has been since I started dating her. Starting my own successful freelance business was the next step of the plan. I need to stay in favor with my family.

Perfect.

You sound like a massive pussy

If your family cuts you out because you dumped a whore then fuck them be your own man if you want to be happy

Cuck

I see those numbers all the time. what do they mean?

2pl8 ohp, 3pl8 bench, 4.5pl8 squat, 5pl8 deadlift

You know what needs to be done. Don't come to us for consolation, or an easy way out. Man up and do what needs to be done.

Cuck

no

infact im completely isolated now thanks to lifting

People can change if they want to. That means you, not everyone else. In my experience, it takes a lot of work and constant exposure to the kind of mindset you are working towards. If you want to change yourself, you have to start working on it. It won't happen overnight, but you can do it.

I'd also start by dropping the current gf. It's clear that she's emasculated you by cheating on you, and you've done just as much damage in return. The trust and love are both gone, just end it, fuck what the parents think. They are not you, they are not living your life, and they do not feel what you feel. Start living for yourself. That's the best first step.

Have you told them what she's done? If so, and they're still on her side, your family doesn't have your best interests at heart. If not, tell them and let them take a peek at what your life has become.