"instructor" at my gym

>"instructor" at my gym
>gives everyone the same ridiculous fucking routine
>6x15 of every exercise, over 10 exercises per day
>criticizes anyone with their own routine/doing different exercises
>6 months later, I've gained 7kg more and stronger than ever
>everyone who listened to him looks the exact same

How are these people allowed to work? Seriously, every gym I went to, these "instructors" are obsessed with comically large amounts of volume.

if personal trainers actually made people progress, they would lose money and go bankrupt from people either learning enough for themselves or for lazy fatshits leaving cause they can't do a proper routine.

The only time a personal trainer can make money is by being a "guru" for top end bodybuilders/athletes/movie stars like george farah and charge people 5000$ for a 1 month nutrition plan and like 50$ for an email question.

If courses where you live are the same as here, it's almost dogmatic what they want you to make beginners do. We were told to make beginners do 3x10 of bench, row, pulldown, OHP and squat. No discussion of other rep/set ranges, and if I suggested something like SL5x5, I was told I couldn't do that.

And yes, beginners respond better to higher rep ranges from what I've read, but that doesn't mean it should be the only course of action when programming.

You're thinking about this the wrong way. Personal trainers live on word of mouth, so if their customers made no progress, they wouldn't get recommended to anyone, and then they'd lose their job.

A more simple explanation than PTs being saboteurs, is that most of them don't know what they're doing.

>6x15

WTF

I never heard of this shit

This.
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity". Hanlon's Razor.

yeah no, your basic bitch low salary mctrainer will never amount to anything and if he tries to excel his clients will push him away or get better and leave.

Being a legitimately good trainer means you have to have an amazing physique/credentials and be in a very upscale fitness institute or be a "guru" in the contest scene.

If you're just some piece of shit on planet fitness/joe blow gym or something then word of mouth isn't gonna do jack shit for you. soccer mom's and pajeets don't care.

>Being a legitimately good trainer means you have to have an amazing physique/credentials

I believe the same thing, which is why I hate the trainers at my gym even more. I'm OP btw.

They are both out of shape and keep complaining about how much they eat as if they can't control themselves, then barely train out of pure laziness. Not kidding. They downright admit feeling too lazy to work out.

There's even a legitimately obese woman there who goes at night and trains other obese women. I once saw her on a nearby McDonalds as I was going to a date with my gf.

the job of a PT is a weird thing
the best earn huuge amounts of money for veyr little work
but the wrst are often on what turns out to be less than the minimum wage

ps i dont believe this mythical PT has ppl do 6 sets of 15 on over 10 exercises per day. youre lying or yu have the rutine wrong

even if you were a legitimately good trainer, you're still gonna make 12 bucks an hour after the cuts in planet fitness or whatever shitty gym you're in.

The people there are lazy and will push you away if you do something legit, the rare chance someone does well and quits (but somehow recommends someone to you, which is rare) then congrats, you make another 12 bucks an hour, big fucking deal.

you have to take steroids and/or have a very strong background in bodybuilding/degrees in medical science to actually be a proper and successful personal trainer so you can work with people who actually have MONEY (that or be a youtube/IG meme, but that generally requires roids and charisma, plus the ship has long set sail)

A piece of shit 6-12 week certificate which 99% of all PTs have is just barely worth more than toilet paper.

that's why almost every PT is garbage, it's just how the system works.

If someone is actually serious (or "autistic" as Veeky Forums would put it) about their own fitness/strength/whatever, they'll do their own research and eventually sift the bullshit from the truth.

that my nigger jeff?

He literally does, the routines are written on pieces of paper which me and my friend often pick up and read. There's a guy there who even complains he stays over 2 hours at the gym training.

He also has one of the guys do 40-min treadmill after weightlifting.

Also, forgot to mention: He supersets a lot of these exercises so he can just add more and more.

Not fucking joking, it's grotesque.

>you have to take steroids and/or have a very strong background in bodybuilding/degrees in medical science to actually be a proper and successful personal trainer

this.

improving genuine athletic ability in a person is a difficult job
to be able to do that takes a lot of skill, knowledge and experience. PTs are not "real" coaches

I do 55 mins of cardio after weights, is it bad? I'm honestly exhausted but that's a good thing right?

i had one instructor who gave me this incredibly tiresome routine even though i asked for a strength routine
i just ditched that and started doing SL but as my squat form was p bad i decided to drop that gym and look for another one

Yes, it's bad. After weightlifting you do 20 AT MOST, if you want to burn fat faster. Doing anything over that is just throwing away muscle.

this, most of them never even passed highschool desu

write such routine or post pics

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes, if any of my colleagues are there I will ask to take pics. I didn't exaggerate at all.

To make money as a PT you need to make people come back to make more money.

Now, if you hand them a heavy ass compound routine with 3 excercises a session they will all peace out of there because for some reason normies hate compounds (save bench) but love fucking around forever on machines

And the few people that would actually take you up on the compound routine would quickly stop hiring you as they actually progressed

>He also has one of the guys do 40-min treadmill after weightlifting

Isn't this fine if it's just super low intensity like a casual stroll

anyone can differentiate an obese mom who can't do compound exercises from a young dude who actually knows a bit about exercising and can clearly see the routine he was given is a complete bs

They are there to keep people at the gym, not to help people progress.

Clearly his clients are not taking the proper gear.

It's fine

GTFo New Years

If only there was something called fucking food

If you even dare bring up ASMr responses, remember, that it also increases blood flow to muscles helping gains, so it's neutral

It's good.

Because normies think that doing a lot of exercises and being sore all the time are hallmarks of progression.

>Clearly his clients are not taking the proper gear.

>take a free PT thing
>PT asks me about my health, general questions but then he asks if I suffer from depression, low energy, lowered sex drive, basically symptoms of low T
>recommends I get blood work done to check my test just to be safe
>recommends me a doctor to go to and gives me a card saying just show the doc his card and he'll help me get my bloods in order
>first PT session was just him testing my flexibility before db work, paused squats and paused deadlifts

is this the unicorn of pts?

Yes

Marry him

jesus, who is this ejaculate delegate?

looks like she has cancer of the gut

If you live in burgerland, then yeah. In my country, that's pretty standard, apart from the doctor hookup.

Sounds like crossfit. The goal doesn't seem to be muscular hypertrophy or strength gains. The real question is, wtf does he tell his clients they'll achieve following his program. What is his goal for them?

If he's the one setting the goals for them, he's already fucked up.

It's sort of the PT's fault and not.
Effective, working beginner programs are too simple, so the retarded normies don't think they work because they think it's all complex science with machines and shit. So it's easier to have them do complex but retarded programs so they feel that they get their moneys worth.
Another aspect is that normalfags want to feel tired after their session because they think it translates into gains so they get assigned high-rep shit that will tire them out. Doing 3x5 of 3 exercises won't have the same effect although it's more effective to build actual strength.

I'd reckon his goal is to give normies some excercise.

His utter shit of a program might push them into losing weight. Add the novice gains that they get from even that fuckup of a program, and they'll come back for more.

Bear in mind that normie frame of reference for a fit male consists of dadbods, weaklings and a few dyels that never lift.

x15 of every exercise, over 10 exercises per day

With enough food and progressive overload these people should be growing regardless of rep schemes.

I am legitimately interested in this, please post

Came back already, sorry, there was literally only me and two women there. New years.

Way too much. Do like 10-15 minutes if you really want to. Your actual lifting is more important. Do cardio on off days

Yeah brah! Das right bro! Cardio killz da gainz xDDDD

Cardio after working out burns fat faster but also has the potential to burn muscle faster, you fucking moron.

Isn't it ironic to actually be the retard you take other people for?

>also has the potential to burn muscle faster
How would that work?

I'll take broscience for 200, Alex