I'm done with lifting

Cancelled my gym membership, sold my home gym, and threw away all of my supplements.

Such a waste of time. And for what? It's completely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
Muscles are not needed, especially in today's society where the intellect, personality, and face reigns supreme.

To be honest, the "bodybuilding lifestyle" seems almost like a childish endeavour at this point, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems like the most serious lifters (asides from guys who are legit bodybuilders/fitness models/elite athletes but they represent a very low % of dedicated lifters) are also the people with nothing else going on in their lives.
I know this was true with me, I was biggest and most serious about lifting when I was still in uni, working only 15 hours a week, and pretty much just plucking around all the time, going out, with no real responsibilities.

The most jacked guys I see are baby faced roiders trying to pick up ugly girls in the clubs, and frat boys who have no job and don't give 2 fucs about school so they spend all their time in the gym.
I'll GLADLY go back to being a 200lb 6'3 weakling or a "non-lifter" or whatever derogatory term you guys want to throw at me, but I don't care. I'll be proud. I can eat whatever I want and finally free up my mind to do what's important in life.

To all you kids out there who are getting sucked into the bodybuilding and fitness illusion, try to stop yourself.
So long as you have and maintain decent facial aesthetics, you'll be fine.
Bodybuilding's just not worth it.

Cheers.

pasta

First
I lift cause it's actually fun and something I enjoy.
Two
I can't believe someone actually typed this shit out

At one point. This guy just copypastad it though.

>fell for the BB meme

this is why i lift for strength. i might not look like those who train PPL for 3 hours every day/6 times a week but i don't look much smaller either and i only spend 3x a week in a gym with

it's not you dumb newfag

Newbitches leave

sure you do friend!

this copypasta is shit. why would someone own both a gym membership and a home gym?

KEK, to think you spent THAT much time typing up those lies to feed your massive ego and seek attention on Veeky Forums.
You really are a loser, and you have been EXPOSED as a liar.
You were NOT diagnosed with depression by anyone but yourself.
You are NOT clinically depressed.
You are NOT going through a hard time in your life.
You have NEVER experienced any hardship.
You ARE a young cunt idiot with a massive ego, who pretends to be depressed on Veeky Forums for attention because you have no one in real life to attention seek to because you have alienated yourself by being a delusional vain cunt who thinks he's smart, when you are in fact a retarded idiot who has achieved NOTHING in your life, and you NEVER will.
Stop posting here
Stop coming here.
Stop breathing.
You are absolute human garbage, and a fucking leech on those who are actually worthwhile.
You are nothing and should seriously just kill yourself you retarded piece of shit.
Please reply to this with yet another attention seeking post, you fucking loser.

>why would someone own both a gym membership and a home gym?

Some people like to change scenery or go to gym to do their cardio or to use certain equipment which they don't have available at home

All you gotta be is skinny and good looking. You don't need muscles. OP is right.

Lifting for whatever purpose is good for hypertension/heart health and strengthens joints and muscles well into middle age.

One should lift responsibly, for health, and not for a wet hole.

Even if this is a copypasta, I don't care at all. I don't lift to get admiration from other people. I lift because it's one of the few things I enjoy in life.

Let's be honest you're going to get an extra 3-6 hours a week to play fucking league of legends, shitpost and watch awful TV shows on netflix. Don't kid yourself that with an extra hour a day you'll suddenly become an expert pianist or master painter. You're a nobody piece of shit at least be a strong, athletic piece of shit.

>thinking the lifestyle is hard
>throws a tantrum about it being hard and calls it childish

so user, what are your lifts? Post the physique you achieved?

This made me laugh hard
thanks user

I just like feeling good after a hard work out

But dude, I unironicaly enjoy lifting

Someone are clearly trying to force this pasta. There are currently five threads with the exact same pasta

MODS PLS HELP THIS BOARD, JESUS CHRIST

All I'm saying is, lifting is not important to me anymore.
I have other priorities, although fitness is still one of them, getting jacked is not something that really has any value to me.
Like I said, I enjoy a 20 mile ride after work, and occasionally hit the gym to keep my joints feeling good, and maintain a base level of strength.
I guess I have it sort of easy being 6'3, girls will mire regardless of how much muscle I have, as long as I stay lean and maintain decent facial aesthetics.

But I have other hobbies to fill the time in. Now, when I get off work, I take ride my 20 miles out, and head home.
I might pick up a book, or run through a few advanced photoshop/after effects tutorials.
Sometimes I like to just go out an have a beer with mates after my bike.
Other times I smash a slut and have a nice dinner, watch a movie, whatever.

But never do I come home now and say "I can't wait to go lift shit for an hour or two,
I'll be so jacked it will be awesome" because, quite honestly, being jacked doesn't really mean shit. As long as you stay in shape, of course, being fat is lame.

To be honest, now when I see guys who are jacked, I can't help but think they are making up for something.
I know I started lifting to boost my confidence levels, but now I've achieved that confidence, and my body has nothing to do with it anymore.