Girl with question

Girl with question

Would sticking to low reps for my upper body and then high volume for lower body in an upper lower split give me a bigger lower body and slim upper body?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_tone
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTZ98I2ANNw35CYuFdMBBXiJaP17S0ZXZYedQ6B__1Y/edit#gid=1218201050
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure, why not?

You're an idiot

Post tits

>girl doing an upper lower split

Girls have shit test levels and upper body strength to begin with, you won't get as big as you think. I wouldn't worry about it.
You should do pullups for an hourglass figure anyway.

No. The most important thing for girls is to isolate the abs to spot reduce the fat in that area. You'll tone up too much your upper body that way and become less feminine.

You can try it but is probably right. Alot of gym goers overestimate how much gains they will actually make in certain areas. I would just put more empasis on the lowerbody but do a normal upper routine. Then when you feel like the upper bod is getting where it should be ease up.

I never said I wasn't going to train my upper body. I want to modify a normal PHUL, but do the 4x6 for upper body and the normal 3x8-12 for the lower body + glute exercises.

Yeah whatever. Do whatever the fuck you wanna do.

you're not going to build much muscle because you're a girl

muscle girl threads are filled with roids users who artificially raise their test and surpass any real level of fitness

eat enough to keep a layer of fat over your muscles then work out your entire body so you're healthy and if you'd like to focus on gaining mass in your ass and thighs like in your pic related

do heavy lift barbell front and back squats and hip thrusters with low reps

challenge and push yourself to lift heavier weights

3 sets of 5 reps is great for tearing muscle and letting it heal larger.

high reps will only tone your muscle

sage

wat
3x5 is for strength

>increasing strength doesn't increase muscle mass

>lifting the same amount of weight for a gorillion reps makes you stronger instead of giving you more endurance

>Girl
>Thinking that she'll ever actually get ''too big''
nigger you won't get ''blocky'' no matter how much you train.

then how come there's so many girls that look like spongebob

roids and or zero body fat

if you seriously think that you're going to gain muscle mass without getting stronger you're fucking retarded and should drink bleach.

Injecting Anavar will do that to you.

Again you're an idiot. Women are insanely weaker than men.

Someone needs to post that side by side of that Asian who had been working out for years and you couldn't even tell them she was on anavar for like 6 months and looked like a completely different person.

ok but what's wrong with doing 4x6 for my upper body and 3x10-12 or whatever for my lower body? I want to be disproportionate

stop spreading misinfo you cuckhold

high reps and low weight will not increase muscle mass you literal fucking retard it will only tone the muscles you already have

the only fucking way to gain mass it to get stronger do more fucking weight with less fucking reps

Nobody gives a shit if you want to be "disproportionate" or not hig reps at low enough weight to accomplish them will not make you any fucking stronger and therefore NO FUCKING BIGGER YOU FUCKING RETARD

okay hun, you are clearly a broscientist because you can't tone muscles
kys

someone intelligent help me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_tone

it's literally just for pump

8 reps is more conducive to building mass. However, both will build strength and mass.

The idea here behind SS is building a strength base with 1/2/3/4, then switching to 8 reps. Now that you have so many of the particular type of muscle fiber that is built by 5 reps, you can switch to 8 reps and build much more muscle, easily.

Nothing you do as a girl will make you too muscular, unless you specifically set out to do so

I'm crieing thinkin of u hurtin :'(

>toning muscles

Wtf does this mean... Please read the sticky

It's been scientifically proven that the strength base meme is bullshit.

A base of general health and flexibility that can be acquired from simple calisthenics and stretching has been proven to be superior and better in every way.

getting a pump in the morning without actually increasing strength or mass.

Literally just do SS plus some lower body accessories like hip thrusts and lunges. That's exactly what you want.

Op no matter what advice you choose to take is irrelevant. Because the chick in your pic doesn't work out at all. She got her body thx to genetics. Doing a lot of lower body will give you a cross fitters ass. A plump ass like op pic is genetics end of story.

>high reps will only tone your muscle
nice meme m8

>doing low enough weight to achieve the amount of reps you need will increase your strength and mass

>implying the pump isn't what toning your muscles is

>implying toning is not a daily thing like putting on makeup

Tone is actually losing enough fat and becoming fit enough to have visible muscle mass.

Hi! few things to start off with =] 1. yes I replied to this thread because you're a female fitizen, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one shitposting =D.

Sage with picture

This garbage fucking thread is worthless

Matched for volume, high intensity lifting will always induce the same or more hypertrophy while significantly increasing strength

Volume is literally all that matters and it can be easily increased by increasing your number of sets

Trust me, you will not accidentally become buff.

roids or naturally produce huge amounts of testosterone but even so would have to be absolute freaks of nature
you'll know if you ever reach a 300 pound squat without any roids

just do SS for a month, then when you stall switch to an all hypertrophy routine...

Squatting 65 pounds 3x12 isn't going to do anything, do SS first for a little

>Ur a grill
>Do SS
or
>Ur a noob
>Do SS

Since this seems to be a girls with stupid questions thread: Is there any other calorie dense snack foods that aren't nutrelated/granola/dried fruit? Preferably low volume because I get full fast. Hungry skeleton looking for more variety. I was thinking beans but I already have enough bloating and gas issues from dairy so.

protein bars fag

Any recommendations? I still eat nature valley protein chewy bars for when I'm hungry and can't stop to eat.

nuts. seriously.

pumps don't normally last that long unless you're on hgh/igf-1/ibutamoren or maybe some sarms/steroids that may prolong your pump. It'll probably be gone by the time you're out of the gym

I don't think it'll make much of difference, basically what he said, I follow a routine in reverse, high reps on upper and high weight on lower but my lower volume is high and my upper volume is low (hit each upper muscle maybe once a week vs squatting 3-4 times a week) and I'm relatively proportional because of it, so instead of easing on reps, ease on volume and do fewer upper body sets

Women literally cannot get big without either being fat or on gear. Don't worry about it.

I'm a woman and I lift heavy on both upper and lower, but my upper body still looks much slimmer and less muscular than my lower body, it's just the way female bodies work, you won't be able to build enough upper body muscle to get super bulky anyway.

Ideally, just do a normal workout routine then add butt isolation exercises like donkey kicks and weighted thrusts.

The best thing is to lift heavy and keep increasing weight as you get stronger. You'll be disproportionate no matter what if you stick to a balanced routine.

Pic not related, Sophie takes a shit ton of steroids to look like that.

Cheese, just find the most calorie dense cheese you can. Are you allergic to nuts? Nuts are really great, I'm so hungry all the time since I started working out nine months ago, I keep a bag of almonds at work, great snack. Nuts and cheese, nuts and cheese.

I also like tuna with crackers, or those packets of precooked salmon, they last forever and don't need to be refrigerated, the only problem is they're slightly expensive for what you get. I would also love to hear other people's ideas on this.

damn my reading comprehension, you said dairy is an issue. Well, some cheeses don't contain much lactose but also you could look into yogurt, which doesn't contain lactose like other dairy?

lol. for real though, progressive overload will make you stronger and bigger regardless of if you're doing 5 or 8 reps.

Unless you're not eating enough or have low test, 8 reps is fine

God its such a shame defined pecs ruin boobies

Listen here, you have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building, wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper, you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body. No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

Gonna use this thread too

Have been doing GSLP for almost 6 months, stopped improving in bench press and OHP, I'm cutting so it was expected.

Saw the StrongCurves workout and I'm wondering what do you thing about this routine?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTZ98I2ANNw35CYuFdMBBXiJaP17S0ZXZYedQ6B__1Y/edit#gid=1218201050

Will try this one starting next week I think if it's good enough.

Should I add other accesories or is it allright?