Is body re-composition real if you are new to fitness? 6'2, 160 lbs...

Is body re-composition real if you are new to fitness? 6'2, 160 lbs. Down from 220 lbs two years ago because of diet and infantry training.

I'm pretty much skinny fat at this point, so can I lose fat and gain muscle if I run long distance one day (~hour) and lift/do bodyweight the next

I know about the cutting and bulking cycles but that seems to be for people who are already in shape, as a noob can't my body burn away fat and build muscle in the first few months?

>run
>gain muscle
Consider suicide you autistic fuck
Read the sticky.

inb4
>Read sticky
>Do starting strength
>Bulk then cut
I've been here for years

99% of my intent is just losing fat while maintaining or gaining minimal muscle, then once I'm down to ~10%bf I can start lifting for mass

if you're 6'2" 160 lbs you are literally a hungry fucking skeletor. You should not be concerned AT ALL with losing fat ... the only reason your body is soft and squishy right now is because you have NO muscle, not because you have too much fat. Commence BULKING and don't stop till you hit 200 lbs nigger

I'm on to you guys you just try to make everyone fat. I don't think many people here have a good idea of what actual bodyweights look like with height. I have muscle and fat in decent level

If you don't want our help then leave and go take a spin class or some shit. You asked our advice, then cut us off by saying "don't give me the advice I already know you'll give", then we gave the advice you knew we would give. You need to focus on putting on muscle and not be scared of a little fat, you are nowhere near overweight at your current level you just are a bad judge of your body composition just like almost everyone else is. That's why we go off of proven methodology and not just how we feel. Now fuck off kike

I don't want YOUR advice. Fuck off and let someone who isn't a meme reply

I think skinnyfats should cut first, it gives you a better idea what your working with. and makes it easier to see changes in your body.

where as if you bulk you won't see results and will get the wrong impression about your body until you eventually.

> cut (working out optional. noobs can still gain)
> work out (and slow bulk)

>I'm going to lower my body fat to 10% then just gain it all back bulking or I'm so fucking delusional I think I can gain mass without gaining bodyfat
Either way, you're a fucking moron. Enjoy your no gains.

Get the fuck out of here Auschwitz survivor.

read

the

wait for it

You people are memes

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cut first, I can probably drop 2lb a week just running. But lifting weights/bodyweight training should prevent muscle loss yeah?

>Sticky
>is
>Garbage

Some of us are trying to look good, not become rippetoe lookalikes

you got it backwards, unless you're a complete newbie or roiding you're definitely not putting on mass and maintaining weight at the same time, even more so if you're cutting

well I guess thats your prerogative man

nigga. do weights. lifting is better for cal burning

Yeah well. She has some nice, big tits. Thats all that really matters anyways

Youre a thick fuck. I was skinnyfat at 200 6'3 and now at 180 w/o lifting I'm a fucking twig. It's bulk time bitches I been looking forward to this.

And okay, just to explain this once and for all (why oh why am I taking this bait...).
Bf% is just that, a PERCENTAGE of your TOTAL WEIGHT. Your weight is pretty much composed of three things:
>bones
>muscle
>fat
If you increase your muscle%, and your bone% (density) more than you increase your fat% YOU HAVE REDUCED YOUR OVERALL BF% EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY NOT HAVE LOST ANY FAT IN THE ABSOLUTE SENSE.
Meanwhile your muscle gains will make you look good.
Thus bulking is the motherfucking answer. Cutting for skinnyfats is a meme.
Wait,
>was in the infantry
>runs a lot
>is a retard
Forrest gump?

That's not even me dipshit

this tits natty?

if so 11/10

It says here I'm at about 20% bodyfat. So to lose 10% of that would be to lose 12 lbs - at 2lbs a week I can lose that in about 2 months, and then just clean bulk for the rest of my life

Why would this not be the optimal answer

ya its my gf m8

6'1.5"
remember to stand on your tippy toes to get that extra half inch so you can be 6'2"

You're 6'2" 160lbs. Don't fucking worry about losing fat unless you find yourself getting up to 190 lbs. Just eat lots of protein & veggies and lift heavy.

I'm confused for you OP. I have similar measurements to you at 6'2"(and a halfish) and I weigh 90lb more than you. Are you shoulders just broad as fugg? And here I thought I had broad shoulders.