One Year Veeky Forumsiversary

January 4th 2016 is the first day I started trying to lose weight. 185lbs lost so far. Am currently at 20% bodyfat according to my scale.

Was crazy easy, anyone fat has no excuse to not lose weight.

I give all credit for motivation to /pol/, Trump, and fat hate fridays.

>rambling section below.

Six feet tall exactly. I started out going into ketosis, as it naturally lowers your appetite. I was at 4.3k calories a day to maintain my weight, so when I cut down to 2k or less a day, along with exercise, my first few months were crazy fast, lost 90lbs in 3-4 months.

I got into a routine with eating. 2-4 strips bacon depending on thickness, 2 eggs for breakfast. 250g of broccoli tossed with some minced garlic and ginger root, along with some sort of meat/fish for lunch. Larger portion of meat/fish for dinner. Kept that up for 9 months.

Still in ketosis currently, but I branched out. I currently super in love with spinach salads. 5cups spinach with 2tbsp of light italian dressing, 2tsp of grated parm, and a tin of sardines for example.

For exercise, I started out hiking in the trails in the mountains near my house. First couple of weeks I could only do the 2.2mile loops. Then after a month could do the 4.2mile loop. Did that for a few months, then started doing the 8 mile loop. In april of 2016 I joined the YMCA, and started lifting as opposed to cardio every other day. Fast forward to September, I learned I can run now. Stopped hiking, as that was taking like 2 hours a day, and started jogging.

First day I ran I could not run for a full mile. Literally the second day I went running I was able to run a mile. Third day I could go 2 miles. Fourth I could go 3. Stayed at 3 though I could do more(max I did was 6, could have prolly gone more), as I wanted to work on my speed. I stayed doing 3 miles, and after about 2 months, I started running to the gym instead of driving, so was running every day now. On cadio days, which is when I time my runs, I got down to 8min first mile, and am still working on getting 8mins accross all 3 miles.

Are you 40?

30, lost my hair early.

I know people at 25 with less hair than you.

You 185pbs in a year? God damn, how bad is your loose skin?

>185lbs lost so far

marvelous m8

Amazing what you have dome mate.

for the past years I've been struggling with this, I sorta go through metal phases in which I suddenly realize I am too fat and just start eating properly and exercising accordingly. Then, I kinda drop it, I don't know why. but I just do. as if suddenly I stop caring and my weight starts going up again. I gain an IMMENSE amount of weight in a short time and then the cycle repeats. But yeah, when I do get the proper mindset losing weight is easy as fuck but when I gain those pounds back is discouraging as I feel contempt for myself for having letting myself go that hard, loosing whatever progress I had made.

the thing is that, when I let myself go I go big and I haven't been able to undo de the damage in recent years

I'm also 6 feet.
it all started when I was 231 lbs
>went down to 165 lbs
>fucked up again went up to 242
>Went down to 187 lbs
>Let myself go : 264 lbs
>went down to 220 lbs (Here I started lifting, before this point I used to play a lot of sports, while Iwas almost as heavy as when I started I felt incredible and looked thinner, and with actual muscle, I reached around 25% body fat here)
>then super fucked up and went all the way to 308 lbs
>then again, this time it took me almost a year but I managed to go back to 240 lbs
but unfortunately I stated gaining weight again and I have reached 277

the trend here is clear, I'm going to fucking explode. I don't want to be 308 again. I hate myself for being a coward who stops trying and I fucking hate all the body positive crowd for not even trying. I hate not being able to find clothes that suit me, I hate living in a 5k+ feet city and feeling tired just by existing. I hate not being able to look at me in the mirror.

Thanks man, this is actually very inspiring.

You lost a whole human worth of weight in only a year, that's incredible. Good job OP.

Took me around 2/3 years to drop the "obese" level of fat, went from 150kg to around 90kg on keto too. Shit is gold for fat lazy kunts.

Keep at it m8

great work! keep it up, you're making it brah

Congrats OP

I'm following your footsteps in losing weight myself. 315lb, lost 34 since November 12th

congrats opie! proud of you man.

nice progress op really proud of you

Fudging horrible. See the long sleeved black undershirt I am wearing? It's a compression shirt to keep my horrible skin from flopping around. My gut skin is below where my pants are hanging(aka tucked into my shorts) it hangs so much.

this thread gives me big motivate
so far ive gone down from 275 to 254
goal weight is like around 190 i guess

You're allowed to say fuck on the internet, buddy.

ur gonna make it brah

nice work Opie, but just a heads up:

if you sustain ketosis for a long time without the guidance of a dietician it can be potentially dangerous as the ketogenic acids are naturally very acidic. normally your blood can buffer this, but in some cases people can go into ketoacidosis. that's why children with epilepsy (who are sometimes put on a ketogenic diet because it can drastically reduce the amount of epileptic attacks they have) are always running with a dietican who monitors their blood and makes sure they get the exact right amount of carbs-fat-protein to stay ketogenic but not go into ketoacidosis.

you're 90% sure probably fine, but it'd be a shame if you made all this progress just to get fucked by something like this.

well good work man good on you

Based as fuck. Keep it up!

Feelin fit buddy?

Fucking phenomenal OP, keep it up man

HOLY DICK
You've unJUSTed yourself, m8, tip top job

He still looks like shit lol
The hair means a lot no hat can hide it

Goatee = faggot

GG OP

me

260->180 @ 6'4"

>got fat four fucking times

Literally what the fuck. Stop stuffing your fucking face.