Rubber weights/bumpers

Why do people use this? is it so they can take a pic of their 4plaet squat when it was only 70lbs? just so they could look stronger than they can actually lift?

why though?

I put 2 bumpers on each side because it makes taking off the other plates easier. Plus it makes less noise.

Bumper plates are used so the floor and plates don't get damaged lifting

A must if you are doing Olympic lifts

Why do manlets wear these fucking retarded platform shoes in the gym are they really that insecure about their height?

Jesus christ, why did we evolved into this? why did people start caring whether the floot breaks or how much noise youre making? is it because the girls started to go to the gym too? fucking pumping iron turned to pumping rubber

Nah people just dont feel like wasting money on replacing bars after retarded roid monkeys slam them to the ground

Are you autistic?

Hes right in a way though, cant even do 1 plate powercleans on my gym because 'it makes too much noise'

>doesn't care about damaging equipment
>sees other people not doing it so blames women out of nowhere
Never seen such a combo of retardedness and being so insecure that you have to throw your weight around to prove how much of a man you are.

Bumper plates pretty much eiminate the need for spotters and safety pins when doing most high bar back squats and pretty much all front squats. It's relatively easy to just drop a missed rep to the floor.

It's very useful for people that can't deadlift/clean/snatch 135 yet.

All of those movements require a 45lb sized plate, because otherwise the biomechanics is wrong and you're teaching poor form

Otherwise, I prefer cast iron. Preferably old and rusted. You just can't beat the feel and atmosphere of a rusty cast iron gym, that's made of pure metal. If I wanted my weight to look nice and plastic-y, I'd go to planet fitness

>Not having colored rubber plates.
They simply make less noise, this is preferred in a homegym when sharing the house with people that might want to sleep while you work out.

Never thought about that. Good point. Actually made me think.

Many people shouldn't be warming up deadlifts at 135 lbs. Bumper plates allow you to deadlift at proper height with as little as 40 lbs (women's bar plus two 5 lb bumpers).

They're all the same size and prevent metal plates/the bar from getting fucked up if they're thrown/slammed

my gym doesnt have normal plates only those

it only allows me to load up like 200kg total on bar

luckily im not there yet with my deadlift but getting there with my rack pulls

you realize you are on Veeky Forums right?

Jesus Christ, these things exist? I can't even imagine working out with these. I'd be going hard and heavy on the bench, look to the side and see a fucking rainbow where the big, manly weights are supposed to be.

But bumpers weigh as much as you want, you fucking retard, even in your picture there is a 25kg plate.

i can get 270 on the bar with bumpers, possibly more. since we only have 5 sets of reds

heres 220 without even using the 25s your bumpers must be fat as fuck

Nobody likes you in real life, do they?

Rubber is heavier than metal.
Don't get me wrong I'm not claiming that a 45lb rubber plate is heavier than a 45lb metal plate. However, the way rubber interacts with the air means that it absorbs more oxygen and carbon from the surrounding area. This adds weight to the plate as you lift and also creates a hard environment to breath in. Overall, this creates a better workout and more muscular growth. Overall you can say that 2/3 ratio for rubber to metal weight. So I can deadlift 200lbs of rubber, which equals 300lb of metal. I don't bother with metal weights because of this, and I have started carrying erasers when I do cardio to deoxygenate my environment. Trust me bros - rubber is the next great bodybuilding trend. This is also why sex isn't as good with condoms, because bother participants get more tired.

how can the plates be of different weight when they are the same size?

0/10
You tried a little too hard on this one

It's obviously just a joke.

Exactly. 0/10

>is density even real?

do you think a pound of feathers weighs less than a pound of rocks?

You're anonymous dude, just walk away when you look stupid, no need to try and save face.

I see you're handling criticism of your shitty joke well

nice pull, but for the love of god do some curls

If this isn't bait then it's one of the best examples of pent up virginity, mental retardation and plain lack of rationality on all of Veeky Forums

>spends time typing out an unfunny novel trying to be funny
>someone says its unfunny
>dude no need to look stupid just walk away
>thinks because it's an obvious joke that it gets a pass on not being funny
3/10 bait my friend
0/10 funny

I didn't make that post, anonymous isn't a username.

Are you okay? Some of your responses are a little off.
>"you tried a little too hard on this one 0/10
>"it's obviously a joke"
And? It's not funny thats his point.

>"Exactly 0/10"
>"You're anonymous dude, just walk away when you look stupid, no need to try to save face"
Are you actually autistic?

t. autistic still trying to save face anonymously

Should've went incognito.