Qtddtot

Qtddtot:
What are some good shoes for lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oat
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Adipower 2s are propably best when it comes to price:quality ratio, if you can get them

Anyone tried melanotan?
I live in a country where it's always rainy and I'm pale as hell

Melanin gives skin darker shades
Melatonin is for sleeping

did you know if you take a more narrow stance in the deadlift you don't have to lift the bar as far

Help anons I want to do SS and have a few questions

>can I ss on a cut?
>if my work out days are AxBxA, do i get a 2 day break or is it a cycle? instead of AxBxAxx is it AxBxAxBx... and so on?
>do I have to ATG squat on ss?

going too narrow will put pressure in your chest though. You want to retain a little further than shoulder-width.

You can do SS on a cut, but the program is designed for people bulking. You can still get noob gains and moderate strength gains.

The cycle is AxBxAxx with the final day counting as a "rest day"

You don't need to do ATG, but at least squat around or below parallel.

How can I improve my grip strength for diddly?

Adipower or Romaleo

so i technically only have 1 off day with SS? thanks mate

Are there actually melanin pill?

I think you mean Adidas Powerlifts 2.0

Adipowers are something like $180. The Powerlifts are maybe $90 new, and any 2.0s you can find are going to be much cheaper, since the 3.0 (which I'm pretty sure is essentially the same shoe) came out four or five months ago

yeah, my bad. Meant powerlifts, it's still pretty early where I live.

You technically have 4 off days. Damn, SS is really good for people who don't want to spend much time in the gym.

This is going to be my lower body day x2 a week

>leg press
>deadlift
>cable kickback
>cable pull through
>calf raises

how do i make it high volume? How many sets and reps? Heeellpp

Do i really need to add leg extensions and leg curls?

Do squats you idiot

Powerlifts are shit tier shoes. Heel thats too short and compress overtime. Just save up and get adipowers, you can get em for $150-160 nowadays

What are some good abs and/or oblique workouts?

squats are dangerous and ill never get the form so yea

>how to make it high volume?
increase the volume...5x5 for deadlift and press and then 4x8,3x12 or 10x10 for others.

>Do i really need to add leg extensions and leg curls?
If you're starting out i'd add in squats even if you're doing a bodybuilding routine.

>Squats
>Dangerous
>Hard form
You must be new here

10x10
Wat?

Also, I dislike squats. I was asking about extensions and curls because I'm wondering if 3x10 for the leg press and deadlift twice a week will be enough for my quads and hamstrings.
I can't even do BW correctly

Im thinking of getting this shoe cause i heard its good and i saw its currently 70% in amazon but apparently the heel is made of rubber and i was told rubber heeled weightlifting shoes compress overtime (as opposed to wood/tpastic heeled)
Thoughts Veeky Forums?

it will be 'enough' if you are quite new to this.
assuming you want hypertrophy/bigger legs? Yes, in short.
Once you become a bit more advanced you will need squats, and I highly recommend them once you're solidly in a routine

What do you guys do on gym snow days? I just got stuck on three different streets attempting the drive.
calisthenics?

Ok but can i get advice as to sets and reps? I don't understand stalling and deloading and whatever
I just want linear progress

do set of 10x10 you said you wanted high volume

No
I will die

Its an injection with some nasty side effects. Namely nausea and risk of cancer.

then do less volume than that

>falling for the squat meme

Instead of microloading 500g, can I just add an extra set to simulate the overloading?

176 pounds 5'7 is just fat right? I have muscle but its covered in fat, im thinking ill look better at 150-160? training for a year now

Like what

5x10

>leg press
5x5 then do a back off set of 20 reps at 50 of what you were doing your work sets
>deadlift
5x5

>cable kickback
>cable pull through
>calf raises
15-12-10-8

If you are going to do a bro split workout you may as well go full bro and do the leg extensions and hammstring curls15-12-10-8
Prepare for a lot of DOMS.
You should learn how to squat it is a fairly basic human movement

What's the science behind your suggestions?

broscience lol. If you want the science program for building muscle and strength you want 3-6 sets of 3-8 reps

are stretches as vital as people seem to make them? Should i be doing them after squats, deadlifts, bench presses, etc or should i just not worry about it

uh okay, but is it enough volume?

is the most important thing about looking good being at a low bodyfat?

Yes, why the fascination with high volume?

I have really sore calves from running, like quad doms but just dead sore but only in one leg. I had an injury in the sore leg 4-5 months ago so is it possible that it's only sore because of that and it's just a sign the leg is rebuilding its strength? I know generally soreness / pain in only one leg is the sign of an injury but because of the previous injury I'm wondering if it's just that it's not as strong as my other leg yet

How do I get thicker loads when ejaculating?

look at thiccer girls

When I feel it's warranted to move away from SL5x5, which will be soon, what's a good program to get on? I'm thinking 2-suns 5/3/1, also interested in Olympic lifting though.

Zinc.

nobody "needs" squats if they are not competing in PL or WL

that said this idiot should just do starting strength, squats and all

I've been using those for over a year and had no problems. I remember reading those same reviews on Amazon but the heel is solid. They are incredibly ugly shoes but who cares.

Definitely helped bigly with my high bar, front squat, clean, and snatch

>pic unrelated but go Chiefs

I've noticed doing sl 5x5 that the amount of energy it takes to exert enough to squeeze out 5 reps on for example bench press takes a while to recharge itself in between sets. I've seen it suggested to rest 2-3 minutes but in order for me to go 5x5 I need to rest at minimum 5 minutes for the energy to come back to be able to complete the set. If I wait 2-3 minutes I usually can't get past the 3 rep. What's happening? Should I Deload and work my way back up to the current weight in hopes that the rest time between sets reduces?

Also, growing up I stood swayback posture style so I've got literally no ass. On squats I can maintain straight bar path with good back angle for high bar but as as soon as my ass burns through its fuel the weight gets shifted over to my quads and the bar path shift forward. I've played around with increasing back angle slightly to be somewhere in between an optimal low bar angle and a high bar back angle. I feel no stress on my curvical spine and it helps force my ass to complete the movement. Is this alright?

I've been doing Stronglift 5x5 for a while but I felt it didn't take a long time and I wasn't feeling really pushed, so I modified it. Tell me if this is good:
Each exercise has one warm-up set of five reps, then three sets of eight at whatever I can do it at, and then one final max-out set of five

Squat
Bench
Row
OHP
Deadlift

I finish off with some accessory exercises like pull-ups. Tell me if you think this is good. Thanks!

What if I eat 1 2500 calorie meal instead of 3 800 ones?

why should I even cut in the winter? its so cold outside and its snowing, I wear clothes all the time too, I am like 17% bodyfat

i had VS athletics for 5 years and they held up incredibly well

no worse than the romaleos I have right now, just nowhere near as cool looking

PPL

I have adjustable dip bars at home that go from roughly 1.5 feet width between the bars to up to 4ft. I always leave them at 2 feet because that is comfy and saves storage space but my question: Is there an actual optimal width for dips to hit chest and triceps respectively in the best way? And same question for neutral grip body rows/pullups?

I just ask out of curiosity btw, seeing great results either way. Was just wondering why there would be such a huge width difference (except for people around my height but with absurd wingspans maybe).

pic unrelated and just for attention

I feel like puking. Every time i eat. How the fuck do i bulk?

I want to do IF again (had great results before) but I wonder if 30g of whey (in water) at lunch and half a gallon of unsweetened herbal tea over the course of the day (mostly 10am till my eating window starts at 8pm) will fuck with insulin spikes too much? I have made a habit of both since I last did IF and am pretty autistic about doing it right.

When squatting one of my knees points outwards more than the other, I mean, they're not symmetrical (by a long run). There's something i can do to fix this?

Anyone?

How valid is this leddit post?

how much (%) fat should you have in your diet?

just microload if you insist on linear progression

if you don't mind taking a step back, take some weight off and do a lot more volume and slowly taper it down and increase weight (basic linear periodization)

Anybody on HIIT?
What is your setup?Where does a beginner start from?

squatz and oatz

Why is OHP so hard to progress on?

do some glute bridges to work on glute activation i'd say
do you do any cardio? might explain why you need to rest so long. You may also just be shifting heavy ass weight

might be okay for now but as you get stronger this will become very taxing, beware of overtraining if you're doing this 2-3 a week regularly
>inb4 overtraining is a meme

Bumping this post. I have literally the same issue with my ass.

Not doing enough volume.

pls respond

because it's limited by the anterior delts, which are a tiny muscle group

this too, good luck making pressing gains with 3x5

Stronglifts says I should keep going until I no longer progress each week but what if I progress on some lifts but not on others?

what is a good application for counting calories/cutting?

Ignore the feeling.
Occasionally you may even puke. Good luck, m8.

then add weight to the ones you've progressed at, and continue to work on the ones you still need to accomplish

Please this.

What are 'oatz'? Never heard of it.

>he doesn't know what oats are
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oat

I use FatSecret, great app to know how much you eat, calories lost and weight you've gained. Also very easy to use.

you will lose more body fat with one meal, look up intermittent fasting

nyr pls go

MyFitnessPal works well and becomes a habit after a while.

dont pay for the premium version though, when you feel like you need more info you can move on to apps that specialize in different reigions depending on what you need.

the point of IF is you don't eat anything throughout the day and only drink water

MyFitnessPal

You're gonna stall pretty fast on OHP with stronglifts. Keep doing the other lifts

How big is 171cm in feet and inches? Google says 5'61 but other converters says 5'73.

I know I'm small but I always thought I was atleast 5'7.

Cheers

Should I keep going until I stall on all the lifts and then move on to some intermediate program? Or is it okay to do Stronglifts as an intermediate lifter aswell? I'm already adding pull-ups and dips.

Unless you plan to move to America, why would it matter?

>Should I keep going until I stall on all the lifts and then move on to some intermediate program?
you should read the sticky

de-load and try to progress back again if you cannot move forward anymore then move to an intermediate

Nice digits but I'd just like to know

that's 5.61 feet not 5 foot 6 inches
12 inches in a foot
google convert uses a decimal system though
you're 5'7
fucking manlet

If you're Europe, these are going for 50 euro. They're designed by Mark Bell for powerlifting/crossfit.

I'm 18 and 5'6'' i don't want to be that of a fucking manlet, my brother is 20 and 5'8''. I run 5 km every night, do abs routine every day, go to gym 4 times a week.

Am i fucking my height or am i going to be taller with this excercise?
Any suggestions?

most important thing is food and sleep breh

What should i eat, bruh?

clean

Ever feel the heel height slowly getting shorter and shorter? I have horrible ankle mobility + over 6 ft 5 so higher than normal heel height really helps

desu m8 height doesnt matter as much as we all say it does, just be confident in yourself and no one will realy notice.

i have a friend who is 5'6 and tries to act bigger than he is so everyone takes the piss, but one of my other friends is alot shorter at 5'4 or so. but because he is confident and laid back about it he gets the respect from both genders.