HIGH ENERGY

Speaking for high class athletes of course, do fat people have more endurance?

Do they use stored fat as energy after 20-30 minutes of mma/boxing?

Would a heavyweight be able to go longer than bantamweight given that they are at a mediocore pace.

generally yes but also because if they have high body fat that also means they're eating more carbs and fats which are both used for energy. low carb diet in boxing/mma is a meme, look what happened to miesha tate after she went keto

Oh fuck, forgot to ask also, do fighters eat some snack maybe like 30min before a fight or somethingt?

Also what is the points of "weigh-ins" if they are not going to fight straight away?

nice trips

they will have probably eaten a small carbohydrate meal a couple of hours before the fight but nothing after that, possibly some electrolyte drinks though. digestion saps energy pretty hard so they don't want to be digesting food while fighting, and for the weigh in the very high-end fighters will lose weight coming up to it then starve/dehydrate themselves, as soon as the weigh in is over they put on crazy amounts of weight in just 20 hours or so - pretty sure conor mcgregor puts about 20 lbs after he weighed in when fighting at 145

>do fat people have more endurance?
Sure, that's why heavyweight are notorious for great cardio and fast pace throughout fight [spoiler]They don't[/spoiler]

They generally don't. It's simple physics. You're gonna get tired from moving around so much more weight, especially if its fat and not lean muscle.

Some fighters carb up after the weigh ins and rehydrate

Muscle consumes more oxygen in high intensity activities than fat. also there's genetics play an important part in how much muscle you can pack/maintain in your weightclass.
Tyron woodley and connor mcgregor both fight in welterweight and are same height, but mcgregor stuffs his face and struggles to bulk up to that weight whereas tyron has to cut instead.

Being fat doesnt mean weak though, just look at roy nelson/mark hunt, fat with big belly but regularly knock out ripped giants in the heavyweight division

Some are though senpai, i know Cain Velasquez is a mexican but he looks like he slips a few extra tacos in the diet every so often and pushes out 5 rounds like a fuggen warhorse

You ever try running between your bulk phase and your cut phase?
An analogy would be, a car would go much faster if you stripped it down to nothing but the engine, the steering wheel, and the gear stick.
Any extraneous mass is mass that your muscles must move.

>what is aerodynamics

Tyron is 5/5 not natty, that nigga is a bodybuilder who can fight, fucking fatass with like 10%bf

> Would a heavyweight be able to go longer than bantamweight given that they are at a mediocore pace.

Not really. Generally that's why you see heavyweights be tired as fuck in the 3rd round while Fly and Bantam can get deep into round 5 while still being light and springy on their feet.

Having more power isn't necessarily better. Jon Jones was doing a lot of power lifting before he stared his camp for his last fight and his endurance suffered because of it. There's a balance between power and endurance that each weight class has to strike.

> points of "weigh-ins" if they are not going to fight straight away?

It's to organize fighters so you don't have Brock Lesnar fighting Demetrius Jonson. It'd be complete chaos without them and it ensures that fighters are roughly the same size. Someone who walks around at say 170lbs might cut 15hrs before the wight in loosing 15lbs of water to make 155lbs IE lightweight. Someone who walks around at 200 would kill themselves if they tried to make 155.

Compared to this which is into round 4.

>so you don't have Brock Lesnar fighting Demetrius Jonson
Are you autistic?
I don't mean get rid of weight classes, I mean get fighters to weigh in In front of the octagon as they are being presented.
That way they can't do stupid shit with water or whatever other harmful shit to their bodies.

No, I was explaining to you the need for weight classes because you were asking.

I guess that's just how they've always done it historically because it "mostly" works. Would it interrupt the show at all? What if someone misses weight right before they enter? How can you prove someone hasn't cut any weight? It opens up some interesting questions.

goddamn that's the most well executed combo i've ever seen

what is the context of this

He is clearly an exeption.

cowboy with the gorgeous fucking combo

yes they do, right after they got weighted they start to carbup and eating right again, so they can enter the cage with full energy and shit, some of them even snort cocaine backstage

>the need for weight classes because you were asking
the fuck? no.
>Would it interrupt the show at all?
In what way?
>What if someone misses weight right before they enter?
I guess the usual stuff that happens anyway, they forfait % of money and the fight goes on. I guess it gets alot more complex about championships and stuff since they onle let 1lbs difference there.
>How can you prove someone hasn't cut any weight?
Wut?

To me it looks like head/stomach combe and then he rolled with it.
I think he said he wasn't going for a combo, it just felt right or some shit.

No they don't you spaz. Cocaine will causes quite severe vasoconstriction and raises heart rate significantly even at rest - a very slight strength/explosiveness increase is useless when you're out of oxygen in two minutes.

literally everything you said is retarded and wrong

I got orange juice after the weight in, chicken soup after that. Pasta in the morning and a small piece of chocolate like 30min before the fight.

Shit, you're right. Someone tell all the ultramarathoners that they need to be getting fat instead of eating during the race.

someone post webm of her showing off her punching skills

post the one where is says "shes the female mike tyson of mma"