I got a lot of free time, enough to workout 6 times a week. Should I continue with SS or do PPL...

I got a lot of free time, enough to workout 6 times a week. Should I continue with SS or do PPL? I am still definitely a beginner

If you aren't done with SS, KEEP GOING.
If you have extra time and energy to workout, do some conditioning on the other days.
More conditioning -> better work capacity -> can do more volume work in the gym -> can leverage that into more strength.

But don't overdo it, or you'll crash and burn even faster than usual on SS. Your best bet is to probably study or work more, and focus on working out AFTER you're done with SS, and possibly after switching to one of the advanced texas method templates.

you can stop SS and go on a split when you stop being able to increment weight from workout to workout

you will be able to increase weight on a week by week basis on a split then, that's when you're no longer a novice

What are your goals OP? If you only care about powershitting then listen to . If you want to look good, you should switch to the reddit beginner PPL 6 times a week. More volume and isolations means far better aesthetics.

>focus on working out after you're done with SS
What did he mean by this

Just follow the meme and get a strength base first. I was a NEET for two months when I started SS and made some pretty crazy strength gains. Literally doing nothing but SS will make you strong as fuck. Seriously, I went from 145 lbs to like 168lbs these past few months. I'm 5' 11' so I was a spooky skeleton starting out. Squat went for 85lbsx5 to 230lbsx5 in 3 months.

Post before and after photos. Nobody fucking cares about how much you can squat, they want to look good.

>If you want to look good, you should switch to reddit
agreed

you're not gonna look good squatting 100lbs no matter how many reps you do

main factor in muscle growth is intensity not volume

doing 1247293845 reps with 5lbs keeps the muscle small
doing 1 rep with 315lbs requires a big muscle

but sure keep doing your shitty brosplits and make no notable progress at all

>no pics

What a shocker.

I'm telling you OP, if you want to look good you need to do PPL. Nobody wants to be a bottom heavy powershitter, it looks terrible.

Actually lost the starting picture because I dropped that phone in the toilet. Haven't taken a month 3 progress pic yet. I'd do it now but I'm at work. I look decent. Picture a former skelly who bulked on SS but isn't super fat yet do to starting with low as fuck body fat. Upper body is slightly lacking in comparison to lower. Actually OP continue with SS but add more volume for upper body lifts. Like 8x4 for bench and maybe 8x3 for OHP or something.

There ya go faggot. For a before picture just google skeleton. I look pretty shit by Veeky Forums standards but in comparison look decent. Dunno, find a 3 month ppl progress pic for comparison.

how about you post a pic yourself first, since you started spouting bullshit you have no basis on?

>I look pretty shit by Veeky Forums standards
you look pretty shit by all standards, even your own
you're not strong enough to do a split yet

keep working SS until your workout by workout increments stop, don't be scared to deload when you do get stuck you can easily ride the noob gains to 1/2/3/4 at which point you could consider doing a split if aesthetics is what you're after

if you do it right you'll be there in 6-8 months

>you're not strong enough to do a split yet
1.That's fucking idiotic.
2.Claiming that you'll notice a positive or any actual change in how your body looks from doing SS is bullshit. And when people do complain about it people like you will fag on about how it's a strength program.

Do a brosplit OP.
It's been shown that it's the best way to start a program and basically all lifters yes even powerlifters started with one.

I meant that he shouldn't use the extra time he has doing extra work outs, as long as he's on SS.
Once he's out of the beginner routines, he could use the extra time for more cardio, but right now (unless he needs to do some technical work) he might as well use it to do something other than working out.
I hope that's more clear.

SS->TM->Adv.TM->working on the 10RM is godly for aesthetics, but it means putting in more work for more time.
BTW, if you want short-term results, I'd suggest not fucking up with other routines, but just do a cut.
This maximises your gains a couple of years after you start lifting. I don't think there's any reason to fuck up your long term gains trying to look 'better' in a shorter amount of time.

eh, you could listen to this wannabe underwear model curlbro, OP or you could just make up your own mind:

imagine a guy with a 220lbs 1RM max bench
imagine a guy with a 150lbs 1RM max bench
who's bigger? the one who can actually bench 220 or the other one can't? I think you'll agree with me here

now how do you get to 220lbs bench in the shortest amount of time?
you do SS, eat lots of fucking meat and increase your bench EVERY TIME you go to the bench by 5 pounds, it has been established countless times that you can actually do that and get big and strong

let's say you start with an 85lbs bench since you've been lifting for a bit already
on SS, you're benching 1.5 times a week - or - 3 times every 2 weeks
so every 2 weeks in optimal conditions, you will have increased your bench by 15lbs, every 1 week by 7.5lbs

85lbs + 7.5 * X = 220
solve for X
7.5 * X = 220 - 85
X = (220 - 85) / 7.5
X = 18

in perfectly optimal conditions, you'll have reached a 220lbs bench press in 18 weeks or 4.5 months
obviously it will never be perfectly optimal, the usual time it takes to get there is - as I said before - 6-8 months if you do it right

now if you're trying to tell me that you didn't gain enough muscle by being able to bench 220 then you're nobody can help you
once you reach 1/2/3/4 you do a cut and you'll look better than little miss princesssplit here will ever do in less time

good luck

Holy fuck LMAO someone typed this shit out for free

shows my dedication to help OP not to fall for your brosplit memes, hopefully he'll see that too

but this is my last reply to you ITT, thank you skeleton

Well, you're fucking retarded and don't know how the human body works.

I'm this guy
I look dyel as fuck. But honestly man I look a lot better then I used too. Just posted the picture because that guy asked for one.

someone post ppl progress pic please

they're too embarassed

Stay on starting strength and do a martial art on your rest days.

Martial arts is for children. Once you turn 12 you stop doing them.

Like milk, martial arts are for growing mammals.
You're lifting, you want gains, you want growth.
You want to be a growing mammal.
Do martial arts.

>this is what SS gets you
>3 month lifting DYEL fag is actually trying to give advice

>I didn't graduate high school

FTFY

I'm just trying to shill the meme I fell for.

>martial arts means like karate and kung-fu, right?