Wrist straps Pro's/Con's

Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTi_8KpDDIo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good if your gym doesn't allow chalk, but if that is the case then you should find a better gym.

pro: no carpal tunnel

con: u luk like a feg

Wtf man you think we are google? Give some more effort and start with a proper question at least you lazy faggot

Op here, not a faggot. Wanted a bro's opinion not google's.

Elaboration you asked for: I Had a wrist sprain once about a year ago and used them ever since, debating getting rid. I guess what I'm asking is do wrist straps worsen technique or negate any gains due to taking some of the weight off the wrists and applying elsewhere...

make sure they match your purse

Lel.

>tfw too new to respond directly to someone

Pros: You can deadlift heavy stuff without worrying about grip.

Cons: You have to spend 10-20 minutes every week training your grip

Having a feminine grip while you jerk me off will be nice thanks to those straps.

They let you lift more but that also means you arent training grip as much

For your wrist, look up active release therapy.

What if I deadlift until I lose my grip and then use wrists?

straps are for professional powerlifters that need to max out their deadlift for a living, if you want to lift heavy do it like, but do it like a normal person and deal with your weak grip lifting, not using this shit

That's what I do but it's fine if you don't care about grip strength but if you want to develop it you gotta hit it directly. I hit the grip atleast once a week. Whether that's farmer's walk or deadhang or one armed static barbell hold.

This is the proper way to use straps

Do all of your warmup sets without them, and your first couple work sets as well. Use them for your heaviest stuff only.

Yeah just use mixed grip and get imbalanced traps lmao.

The ideal way for casuals to deal with grip. Use double overhand for warm up sets, straps for top sets and train grip directly once a week.

(also, if you're doing high-rep shit like 5x10 deadlifts, its fine to use them there too)

no, i do it with regular grip, without straps, without belt, without knee straps, without special shoes and i reached 4pl8 for 1 rep last year, couldn't do this week for some reason but i can do 3pl8 for 8-10 reps without any bullshit people do

The only reason why I would do high-rep on deadlifts would be to train my grip though

why not just do farmer's walks or rack pulls with holds

Does blue match tan leather? Im not good with colors

pros: let you do much more pulling volume, especially accessory work like db rows and RDLs after your main deadlift workouts

let you do supramaximal work like rack pulls and deadlift from boxes

cons: none unless you literally use them for every single set of deadlifts you do like a mongoloid

imbalanced traps from mixed grip is a myth

if you intend to do mixed grip for your top set, do it for all your sets - this is the way Mike Tuscherer does it, and i'm not about to argue with a world record holder and world class coach

big fucking deal you lift 405, that's something high school kids are deadlifting, doing it without a belt straps and a purse does not make you special

I don't do that. I meant it is the only reason I could think of, why I would do high-reps on dl. High-reps isn't the best for strength and dl isn't exactly a good hypertrophy exercise.

>Rubber plates
>Safeties
For what purpose?

Is that supposed to be impressive? lmao

Note that I said casual, for powerlifting it's different. If you have no intention of ever competing there's no reason not to use straps.

desu the point Tuscherer was trying to make has nothing to do with competition, it has to do with safety

by always pulling with the same hand supinated the same tendon is always exposed to more strain, and it adapts to this strain

also your form will be very very slightly different DOH vs mixed grip, so you might as well make your motor pattern consistent for safety

the whole imbalances thing is a meme, i have never seen someone get imbalanced anything from mixed grip

besides, it's not like your warmup sets are going to have enough of a training effect to undo >>>imbalances from your top set, assuming you aren't doing something retarded like one working set of deadlifts a week

>powerlifting
>straps
>powerlifting
>for a living
Fucking lol, stop talking about shit you know nothing about.

Maybe those are the only plates they have in the gym.

donĀ“t do it! start using hook grip early

Are there any tutorials how to do hook grip correctly?

Do you compete in events that require you to lift more than your grip can handle? then get them.
You dont? Then train your grip along with everything else. Same goes for the faggots who use a mixed grip.

Do you deadlift 500lbs or more? You don't? Then shut the fuck up and stop giving advice on Veeky Forums like you know anything.

good for movemwnts like shrugs or rows where the motion is also ripping it from your hands

dont use them on deadlifts or anything like that because then youre a bitch

youtube.com/watch?v=FTi_8KpDDIo

Guess Eddie Hall is a bitch then

>Same goes for the faggots who use a mixed grip
I started to use it after 2pl8. What was the point of limiting my progress drastically for months until I get my natural grip improved that much?

There is no point. He's just being an autist.