Why aren't you guys meditating for major brain gains? Seriously shit ton of benefits for you brain when you meditate

Why aren't you guys meditating for major brain gains? Seriously shit ton of benefits for you brain when you meditate.

Other urls found in this thread:

marc.ucla.edu/mindful-meditations
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2006/02/meditation-found-to-increase-brain-size/
edition.cnn.com/2014/07/10/health/can-meditation-really-slow-aging/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

internet made me too ADD

>not sitting in lotus position
>he doesn't even know what those mudra's mean
>not using cosmic mudra
>shoulders hunched forward
>back not straight
>eyes closed
>not looking 4-5 feet ahead at a 45 degree angle

2/10 never attain samadhi

>shit ton of benefits
and a low energy OP

i'm on the brain gain train, did some basic meditation a week ago when my mind was racing while i was trying to sleep again. been at it ever since

8/10 would recommend, especially if you have insomnia or just trouble sleeping

Meditation is literally a meme.

Just sit there and don't think, dumbass shit.

clearly there is only one way to meditate, and you are the inventor

>Implying you can sit and not think for more than 3 seconds

Yea, that's the point. To be present in the moment. It will help with your autism. Instead of spaghetting because you're stuck in your head your brain will do its thing and converse almost on its own

can confirm this post

never gunna make it

What is Starting Strength equivalent for meditation?

I like to meditate and talk to God when I'm taking a dump... b/c I live alone, I never have to close a door, and can dump freely.

>alone time is the best time and I'm there 90% of the time. last gf was nearly 4 years ago.

Sitting around thinking doesn't give you brain gains.

Just like sitting around not moving doesn't give you muscular gains...otherwise you'd be huge.

I've been doing it for a year now and it helped me a lot, especially with social anxiety

Mindful meditation. Start of with some sort of guided meditation and then after you get the grasp of it do longer and not guided meditation.
Here is free resource: marc.ucla.edu/mindful-meditations

OP here. I was wondering about this myself. How did it help with your social anxiety?

Piss poor bait is piss poor.

That's retarded. Thinking is to the brain what moving is to muscles.

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2006/02/meditation-found-to-increase-brain-size/

Baka

>Seriously shit ton of benefits for you brain when you meditate.
>I won't list a single one though lol

Sitting in the lotus position is difficult for some people.

Too bad meditating doesn't get rid of your crippling autism m8 lol

Any good resources on this? I'm not gonna start meditating or doing yoga unless it actually helps.

>Too bad meditating doesn't get rid of your crippling autism m8 lol
No, but it makes your autism more manageable.

Here.

>try it first thing in the morning
>falling asleep for about 30 archives every few minutes, miss most of the instructions (body scan meditation)
what do?

why don't you rerack your books?

I meditate with my tea ritual and since I'm doing it outside I'm building up resistance to cold while doing it.

Daily routines and stress and youtube and work and facebook and what not, that's not thinking. that's tons of information rushing into your brain.

Thinking, on the other hand, is reading a book or playing puzzle games, or actually contemplating a problem. That's good stuff, but that's for another time. It is what moving is to muscles.

But we're all doing the first thing, getting information overload. Then as we come home and prepare food or take a dump, our brain is still running, everything we heard and saw is flashing in the head. Don't you agree? If you shut your eyes and do nothing for a few seconds. Does it feel silent? I bet not. All meditation is, is sitting quietly and waiting for the brain to sort all the shit out. To calm itself and stop rushing information. The first time I did yoga, I thought about breathing so intensely for an hour that I blocked out all other thoughts. The teacher kept telling us how to breath. So I thought about nothing else. I literally meditated for an hour. After the class I walked home and I literally got surprised at how quiet everything was. But all was the same. It was my mind that was quiet. I was at peace.

This is what meditation does. It reduces stress. It calms the mind and body. And by doing so it makes you healthier. The body thrives in stress-free environments where "one is safe from wolves" or such.

Read this awesome article. It's about a Noble Prize winner who never cared for meditation, but still did some studies. And as a scientist she believed the results she got. She adjusted her views as a true scientist. I recommend it.

edition.cnn.com/2014/07/10/health/can-meditation-really-slow-aging/

Could meditation help improve the mind-muscle connection?

So it's you, the ONE guy in 2017 who is still skeptical about the benefits of meditation. Truly fucking epic to finally meet you

No. Doing sets of 5-7 reps with RPE@6-7 does that.

bump

just sit there and don't think, like you when you typed this?

Daily reminder meditation is not just sitting down and relaxing, or "clearing the mind"

Daily reminder there are more than 100 types and methods of meditation, with complexities to each.

Daily reminder that like lifting, one must research the methods.

You're right, but same as a beginner only needs to know very basic compound exercises and should learn how to do them right before they add more, I think a beginner at meditation should just learn the easiest method, which tends to be trying to keep your mind and focusing on one thing.

You don't do an inverted bench or an olympic squat before you can do the regular versions of them well, you know?

Meditation isn't for "brain gains."

Arguably, it's for the opposite. It's an unburdening, jettisoning everything up to and including the self. It's the opposite of a gain.

>all these people insulting people who suggest opposing viewpoints towards meditation

You all sound very enlightened, open, and in the present. You sure that's not all a bunch of stuff you make up to make yourselves seem better than others while in lack of other qualities?

Good stuff man. Best way I've heard it worded. I wish I had more discipline to routinely meditate. Something I still need to work on.

I think I'll resume today, actually. Been too long.

Make it habit.

Once a day. Even if just a few minutes.

>Just sit there and don't think
doesn't know shit about meditation, yet runs his blabber
low quality shitposting m8

this shit is literally snake oil tier

>nigger
>brain gains

>implying i don't
Most meditation techniques are bullshit tho. The whole "clear your mind" normie-tier understanding of meditation is fucking retarded in itself. Also, dabbling in kandalini and zen without proper reasearch is a good way to fuck yourself up beyond repair due to lack of grounding or solid foundation. I suggest you start with Inner Smile and simple forms of qigong if you trully want some mental and spiritual gains down the road.

I mean, there's studies linked in the thread that prove you wrong, and the fact that mindfulness therapy is so similar to some forms of meditation and is used extremely regularly in therapeutic settings should also give you a hint.