Front Delt Injury

Hey Veeky Forumsizens, I need your help.

>attempt 5lbs heavier on incline bench. hit it 5x5
>commenced 3x10 bodyweight dips
>3rd set heard a small popping noise in my right front delt
>small discomfort/pain in front delt.
>go home early from gym in fear of injury.
>ice shoulders

So basically, think i hurt my front delt from doing dips and heard a small pop during. 1 day later it doesn't hurt that much, its just small discomfort but i have full range of motion. How long do i have to heal for before i can work out again? I'm doing a PPxPP routine and don't want to lag on my chest/shoulders. Thanks in advance!

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com.mx/books?id=6RQxI9XX2FAC&pg=PA273&lpg=PA273&dq=transverse humeral ligament dips&source=bl&ots=PP5VJ0UGX5&sig=2U8rP9By5dHBHylmZ8pC6EUeBu4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHw8bigqzRAhWEs1QKHVnkDZYQ6AEIMTAH#v=onepage&q=transverse humeral ligament dips&f=false
vimeo.com/50707647
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hahaha dude chill, it'll probably be 100% in like a week. Just mobility work and ice. Good on you for playing it safe.

Go to the Dr. I had a near experience to that. Was doing military presses and and a minor pain in front shoulder area. Next day hurt quite bad. Put it off for a month. Lifts have been shit as shoulder hurts in any push exorcise. Turns out I have a strained or "frayed" rotator cuff. Get checked out son.

Thanks for the reply user. I'm just extra cautious because I always read about that notorious gains goblin. That popping noise is what scared me!

Pop means you tore something

Look for bruising to confirm

Today is the next day, it doesn't hurt bad. Feels extra sore for sure with minor discomfort though.

no bruising just checked right now.

what does it mean if my shoulder pops every time I raise it laterally?

Hey stop highjacking my thread! you gains goblin!!!!!!

shut the fuck up, gimme an answer and I'll leave. It's been like this for over a year. Still kinda hurts. I'm doing rotator cuff work. Gibe advice pls, I want to go back to lifting.

by shoulder popping do you mean clicking? or does it actually make a popping noise everytime you move it? I really don't mind clicking noises of shoulders, i only associate pain with something serious.

>Another victim of the killer dips
>rip transverse humeral ligament

It doesnt hurt now, but say goodbye to your biceps gains.

I don't know the difference, but it's not too loud. It does it every time I raise my arm laterally, when it goes above shoulder level. I injured it doing rows long ago somehow.

please explain.

The reason
>books.google.com.mx/books?id=6RQxI9XX2FAC&pg=PA273&lpg=PA273&dq=transverse humeral ligament dips&source=bl&ots=PP5VJ0UGX5&sig=2U8rP9By5dHBHylmZ8pC6EUeBu4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHw8bigqzRAhWEs1QKHVnkDZYQ6AEIMTAH#v=onepage&q=transverse humeral ligament dips&f=false

A test to figure how fucked up is your shoulder
>vimeo.com/50707647

Are you me? My shoulder does the same... I've been already checked, they only recommended me some Glucosamine... Still pops but rarely hurts.

have the same problems in my left shoulder if i do overhead pressings.. after a long warmup the noise is gone

>>books.google.com.mx/books?id=6RQxI9XX2FAC&pg=PA273&lpg=PA273&dq=transverse humeral ligament dips&source=bl&ots=PP5VJ0UGX5&sig=2U8rP9By5dHBHylmZ8pC6EUeBu4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHw8bigqzRAhWEs1QKHVnkDZYQ6AEIMTAH#v=onepage&q=transverse humeral ligament dips&f=false

the book says I've reach the limit of pages, or is the "answer" before the limit?

thank you kind user

(OP)
>Another victim of the killer dips
>rip transverse humeral ligament

>please explain.

he's just bitter about not knowing how to do dips safely / correctly.

if there's no bruising it's not a tear. Just a regular joint click. If there's pain you just gave yourself an impingement. No upper body for 2-3 weeks. Or just no pushing. I would just do only forearm grips and only leg machines if I were you

>small popping noise in my right front delt

something tore...

you'll need 8 weeks rest for the repair.

OR you can train through it and continue to do more damage to the point where surgery is required.

good luck!

Not all muscle strains result in visible bruising.

Patients that present having heard and felt a "pop" in almost every case have a muscular strain... and when they're not sure if its strained its typically a grade 1 or 2 strain.

Thanks for the input user. So how many weeks should i abstain from working out for? 2-3 weeks?

and not all pops are deemed injury...

"every case" nigga pls. Rotate your wrist and see if it pops...o shit got carpal tunnel now

> (You)
>and not all pops are deemed injury...
>"every case" nigga pls. Rotate your wrist and see if it pops...o shit got carpal tunnel now

you've severely misunderstood my post... he presented pain, stopped training from fear of injury, etc.

this wasn't a case of someone just hearing a click.

like i said its a classic presentation of strain.

yes, avoid working the area for 3 weeks and reassess.

Form is a factor, yes but genetically having tendons and ligaments that can soak up a lot of abuse is the second part.
Ive seen dudes who have the worst fucking posible form ever, is like theyre out there just to fuck up some cartilage and they dont get fucked up like never ever!!
And then, theres the dude who gets mild tendonitis for doing an extra set.

So i hope you blow out your shoulders and never be able to clean your asshole without feeling pain ever again, ignorant swine.

>roid rage