/PLG/ Powerlifiting General

powerliftinggeneral.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing
powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=XpgmQmdMfe0
youtube.com/watch?v=0w7tZ6qcTY8
youtube.com/watch?v=cWRTy1ZqePA
youtube.com/watch?v=uP8TEzaitBI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFSw1WCM5NY
youtube.com/watch?v=YWSL_Yr2unw
youtube.com/watch?v=5N1hChJwX7c
youtube.com/watch?v=JiXhig5qwko
youtube.com/watch?v=thzSDQhHEhQ
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=
m.youtube.com/watch?v=34XRmd3a8_0
youtube.com/watch?v=Nt7omzpbD7k
i.imgur.com/EzQgJ37.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
youtu.be/aw5M-4Fo2wE
youtube.com/watch?v=biNCMTYEJuM
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Max grip is max comfy

>delet this

hey that you mar mar?
how did the lads do today

Largely depends on morphology no?

Filip for instance has pinkies on rings.

Yeah, I still think it's perfect for me though. I don't think Fil has done max grip for an extended period of time, so it could be possible that he would perform better with it. Or worse, both are possible.

I currently have pinkies on inner rings and have arms of much lanky, would it be worth widenening it?

>Did I just get advice off Dietmar

how the hell do i use the sheet?

Move it out slightly over time. A finger a session.
If you get wrist pain, move it back in a finger.

Won't kill you to try, might help, it's definitely better long term.
I don't know about max grip with a 50kg bench though, it's your call.

I don't know, I've got long arms too and have the same grip, strongly prefer it.
Could be true that it's a matter of acclimation. The weight does feel disgustingly much heavier though.

plg i'm really fucking tired of just going nowhere.
okay stats here
ATG squat
265 poudns
diddylift, no belt, no mixed grip
315 pounds
bench
185pounds
I weigh 165 lb

Yes. Worth trying, at least.

Isley will defend until the end of Earth that Fil would be stronger if he used maxgrip instead, kek.

I think it depends a lot on length and attachment of the chest, height of the arch, and what you're used to. Maxgrip won't be the strongest for everyone, since overstretching actually reduces power on the following concentric, and not being used to something means worse technique and stability.

What sheet?

last thread had sheets.

Beginner
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

You know what I like about it? It really gets me to bring my elbows out as I descend, a little like knees out on squats. A little extra tension at the bottom when makes a lot of difference for me.

O.o

whats wrong?
scared of a little bit of meme?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
how the hell do i use it

I'll consider it for my next round of TM and get it working during my deload.

All your programming bs won't matter to a DYEL who doesn't know how to perform the lifts correctly

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

powerliftinggeneral.com

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh (embed) (embed)

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1 (embed) (embed)

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtube.com/watch?v=XpgmQmdMfe0 (embed)

>How to deadlift by John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=0w7tZ6qcTY8 (embed)

>How to setup for the deadlift by John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=cWRTy1ZqePA (embed)

>How to sumo deadlift by John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=uP8TEzaitBI (embed)

>How to lowbar squat by John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=dFSw1WCM5NY (embed)

>How to set WRs by John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=YWSL_Yr2unw (embed)

>How to build a big bench by John Haac
youtube.com/watch?v=5N1hChJwX7c (embed)

>How to bench press by John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=JiXhig5qwko (embed)

>How to OHP with John Haack
youtube.com/watch?v=thzSDQhHEhQ

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3 (embed) (embed)

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Oh, the Sheiko ones.
Put your current 1RM on the first sheet, then do the program in order. Prep 1 -> prep 2 -> ... -> comp

If you're not competing you can just do the first week of the comp cycle, where you test new 1RMs, and restart the program.

If you want to shorten the program, you can also test new 1RMs right after finishing one or two cycles, instead of doing the whole thing.

>skills test rn
>got a 225kg squat
>looked a little high on the video

Would've still had it +5-10lbs if I would have sunk it a little lower. How's your Thursday /plg/?

stop memeing and also probably gain weight
no, delet this post
also this
>at least it wasn't one of those times I had them hang the plates from chains as well
either way, delet

Trappys sheiko spam isn't ironic or funny

It's spam

It's misleading

It's annoying

I mean my arch could be deeper due to thoracic inflexibility so maybe a bit of benching on balls wouldn't hurt kek

fuck i'm so retarded didn't saw the whole sheet.
thanks
>stop memeing
what did he mean by this?
Start using mixed and belt?

"do sheiko" is actually fairly decent advice, everything else about trappy aside.

I mean, it was actually recommended as an option by Dietmar himself for a while.

Tbh you are a good lad and i appreciate you speaking up for the voiceless friend

You mean... Recommended by u Dietmar

>elbows out
No.

Pulling bar apart?

Have you seen Jen Thompsons bench guide?
She talks about ideal grip width and putting a foam roller under your back to improve your arch. Seems kinda relevant.

IIRC your grip should be twice the spam of your shoulders(?) or perhaps it was the span of your clavicle(?)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=34XRmd3a8_0
I'm sure there are better guides out there, seemed odly relevant.

She means flaring elbow(?)

*hugs*

I will post vid of next triples round. So people can check so I'm not in danger of the old snapoo

Yes, there is literally no reason not to.
Delet
It is the best meme

also delet

After months of recovery, finally got my bench back to 275 for a single. Close grip BP 185 for 8 yay.

Hope everyone had a happy new year.

Yes I do mean flaring elbow, like when you use dorsal flexion for squat unless my memeing is incorrect and I'm talking about buff dolphins.

Thanks I'll save these vidyas for toilet learning.

Not at the elbow. And you should be trying to break it, not stretch it.

>putting a foam roller under your back to improve your arch

Pic

>IIRC your grip should be twice the spam of your shoulders(?) or perhaps it was the span of your clavicle(?)

That's EXACTLY the width of jap+maxgrip for everyone no exceptions

Rotating outwards to engage shoulder torque? Yes.

The video is old as sin, but some stuff worth listening to such as rolling your shoulders back, taking them out of the lift entirely, the bit about leg drive is good as well as improving your arch with a football.

Flaring elbows on the ascent is %100 correct

fuggg I need one of those IPF polos!

But you don't even lift or compete or judge or coach or spot or promote or anything

Sorry inwards not outwards.

Yeah I feel like my shoulders are acting as stabilisers and most of my weight is on my traps. I guess it's just the arch now. Leg drive has never been much of an issue as I used it to compensate for being weak af early on.

yes but she is cute

but you aren't an IPF-certified coach

Okay, then good luck!

>ATG
>No belt, no mixed grip

Stop being 100% RAW PERFECT FORM hero

At your stats it's not complicated to get stronger, find a good program that you can stick to and eat at a surplus and you will make progress.

you have to get the international coaching license
cant get that by recommending a few friends to do sheiko Tbh sorry

Thanks, that's a comforting thing to read.

Working on my unrack as well so I don't have to rely on curlbros and dyels who think I'll drop it on my head so don't stop touching the fucking baaarrr reeeeee

sounds like someone needs to learn the hubbard
>MAAAHH BAHHHHH

Did too many rows yesterday and now volume squats and deadlifts are he'll today

Help me

>tfw high bar, no belt, no shoes, no knee sleeves, no wrist wraps, no headband

you are not RAW, I AM

Kek I actually did it it the other day. He had his index fingers on it. Like, what the actual fuck?

DO NOT TOUCH MAH BAAAR

Why is the tranny relevant in these threads again?
Does he even lift at all? All he's doing is posting weebshit and giving advice for attention as someone who looks like he doesn't lift and takes estrogen, impeding his progress. Fuck out of here, self absorbed cartoon trap wannabe. I wouldn't even fuck you, you're not even an attractive trap.

Almost fell asleep twice today, been such a tiresome pupper.
Should have known I wouldn't be able to sleep as soon as I actually got into bed. Sigh.

Post some comfy music laddos

My spine doesn't like arching in the bench press any more. It didn't before Christmas either, but 2-3 weeks off haven't helped much.

wat do

I mean, it could be the spinal erectors I suppose, but deadlifting is okay, so I rather doubt it.

>I wouldn't even fuck you, you're not even an attractive trap.

Lying children don't get visited by Santa

What kind of pain or discomfort is it? Lack of mobility, spinal pain, muscular pain?
I'd personally focus hard on scapula retraction and just have a moderate arch with powerful leg drive.
Aka what I do now. (Lazy lel)

Describe the issue a little more and we can flak about it.

Arching has been fuckin me up as I slowly adjust to it now that I'm bracing lumbar correctly. Got a beast of a knot in my left erector.

;-;

The unconvincing bitch can't even show her face half the time because of how ugly she is and how pathetic it is that she knows she'll never look like a fucking drawing.

Hey lads, can I get a form check on my deadlift? Much appreciated.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt7omzpbD7k

I would fuck her badly

If a herniated disc is your goal then you're in luck.
Brace, lad.

How pathetic must you be to even have low standards in traps?

i.imgur.com/EzQgJ37.gifv

Can you elaborate?

Have you seen her? She's beautiful and cute. And I really like anal sex, so it wouldn't be an isue she just has it to offer

Roughly here. Feels like it's the spine when extending (I don't have to hyperextend to get the pain).
Fairly certain my mobility is good, unless hypermobility somewhere covers lacking mobility elsewhere.

I don't really strive for maximum arch, as I find it throws me off and puts my shoulders in a bad position. I also try to keep my lumbar neutral. When setting up, I try to make the arch from using my lats to pull my self into position rather than shoulders and legs pushing me into position (used to do the latter some time ago).

I get the pain when extending my spine using the spinal erectors, and also when I use my lats to extend it/put me into position.

Don't know what else to say.

Get someone to dig into the knot?

Sure, you're not properly bracing form what I can tell, your abs are soft and it's causing you to flex your spine, which is a one way ticket to a disc injury.

Just focus on bracing hard, pushing into your belt, hardening your core, pushing your abs into your quads. Basically have your core as rock solid as possible.

A bit of a simplified explanation, I apologise,

How can I try to improve this? As far as I know I try as hard as possible to brace my core against my belt for every rep.

>here

How woeful. It's funny that you don't even realize that she knows how protective and pathetic incel populated the /plg/ hugbox is for her. She's ugly and would never pass in a trap thread anywhere else.

Seems like I'm not the real trap fan here

youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
The first 5-10 minutes of this video talks about bracing, and is highly regarded around here.

It didn't help me at all though lol, I just somehow learnt bracing thorough trial and error.

Do you get this pain doing anything else? Do you get it when hinging your hips at all?
My best anecdotal advice would be to strengthen your lower back and spinal erector with snatch grip deadlifts, back extensions, reverse hypers if back extensions are painful, amongst other things you may enjoy doing.

Completely anecdotal though, but snatch grip deadlifts have always eliminated any leer back discomfort I've ever had. As soon as something flares up, all I ever have to do is a single heavyish set of 5 and I'm back in the game.

I'd say work on strengthening the musculature rather than doing any stretching. A stronger muscle is a more mobile muscle anyway.

Spinal decompression exercises may help a ton, but aren't the back bone of fixing back pain, just relieving pain.

How does benching in a belt feel?

youtu.be/aw5M-4Fo2wE

Gunna have to get a lax ball I reckon. Been putting it off for long enough.

Anyway nn lads it's been nice. Hope your training continues to go well.

You just have a platonic obsession with her. I actually know what is and isn't attractive, and she knows she isn't attractive. Why do you think she's constantly avatar fagging with trap cartoons? It conceals her with the notion that she's not the ugly, mentally ill and imperfect man she really is.

Don't know whether to laugh or reflect. In heckin love with cute husky though so I choose that instead.

>Do you get it when hinging your hips at all?
No.

I don't really have the equipment to do a proper decompression, as far as I can tell. Have tried in a rack before, couldn't make it work (maybe because of the rack).

Haven't tried benching in a belt tbH.

I meant to do snatch-grip deadlifts weekly last semester, but after the second time my shins were too damaged for me to keep doing it. Blood was running all over.

I'm not sure the musculature is weak, tho. DL is relatively high compared to squat, for instance. And for ~6 weeks last semester all I did was deadlift, no squatting because of quad tendonitis, so I can't see how the musculature could be weak, really.
I'll try back extensions (on a GHR because no other alternative) next session to see where my strength in that exercise is at.. Was short on time today, had to make it to the grocery store before closing time, but I'll see tomorrow or the day after.

Laugh.

Nn lad

If it's just from bench then that indicates to me it's nothing overly serious. My advice as anecdotal. My deadlift is 40kg higher than my squat, but even then my spinal erectors could be stronger. My snatch grip is about 10kg less than what I'm currently maxing my deadlift at, so relatively it's not too weak. just anecdotally it seems to help.

I much prefer back extensions to else, but do what you can do.

As for spinal decompression, the simple stuff works just as well, for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=biNCMTYEJuM

I also occasionally do some of the spinal decompression exercises I saw on Marcels old Webms, his T-Spine one is particularly good.

Play around with it, and see what else hurts your back. The make that hurts the more of an idea I can get on the cause of the problem.
And try to find a comfortable position to bench in, and compare it to the uncomfortable position.

En en

:)

Look in the OP and tell me trappy isn't good looking lol

My little monkey!

Ok ____

Thanks for the vid, I'll do it before bed tonight.

It really seems to only be extension that hurts, but I'll test the waters a bit.
Given that it hurts when extending, I guess a comfy bench setup would be minimal arch. Might be an issue getting the bar down to my chest, then, but I'll see.

The pain today was manageable, but it shouldn't be there and has never been there, which is what makes me a bit scared. Hopefully it is, as you say, nothing overly serious.

CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Forgot your trip Paul

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

Never gets old

keep me updated!

Aww, hiding your masculine features with the camera?

>wonky eyes
>hiding jaw
>big ol' man hands
>stuffing shirt with cushions
>skinny and giving advice
"cute"

>masculine features

oink oink

what a babe

>working from home
>sending out emails right and centre
>finishing projects
>browsing Veeky Forums
>getting more done than if I was at the office

can I do this every day guys

Also please share any ways you've managed to bootleg some kind of contraption to do hamstring, glute, or lower back work. My gym has literally nothing I can use for any of those except what I can think of with a barbell (mostly just RDLs and GMs)

Ghrs on a lat Pulldown Machine work pretty well, hard as hell though