What if you did body weight training only but also ate really big so that as you get stronger you are still heavy...

What if you did body weight training only but also ate really big so that as you get stronger you are still heavy enough for the gain rep counts?
How big could you get?
Are ppl doing only bw destinned to be ottermode forever?

>pic unr

That would be called Cross Fit

Why would bw people be destined to be ottermode forever? Resistance is resistance.

would get to a point where you'd have to do hours of bw training per day to gain more muscle

Only if you didn't know how to program or increase the leverage.

>not doing weighted calisthenics
step up, niggas

Progress to front lever etc. will be hard as fuck if you're not autistic about your bulk, which means you gotta start off at a considerable level of experience in bw before you can reasonably consider putting on any significant amount of mass in a bulk.

Add to this the generally slow-as-fuck progression bw offers compared to just hitting the barbell.

OP is in for one hell of a long ride.

>Only if you didn't know how to program or increase the leverage.

no amount of saying "programming" takes away from the fact BW training (on it own) is not the most efficient way of progressively overloading.

Bcs its not very gain efficient to do 25 pull ups in each set

I put on 40lbs myself.

I've never stated otherwise.

And that's why you increase the resistance by doing a different kind of pullup.

As long as volume increases, you will grow.

Just how good is body weight training for overall health? what kind of fitness and/ or body mode does this result in?? I'd very much like to know because the idea of body weight training just feels good to me.

Post more of this demon of the semen

shes on mfc her account is bananablossom

i have the hugest crush on her and she has the best public shows ever. its very strange to see someone post her on here

she hasnt been on mfc in a while but definitely worth watching

What OP described is how I got my start in fitness.

I had a theory that if I bulked hard while still doing lots of push ups, pull ups etc. that I would just get stronger.

It worked, but not as good as weights. I was never lean either past initial skelly, which makes sense because why would I have any more muscle than I needed to move my body?

When you are squatting 2-3x bodyweight you need a lot more muscle than to do 100 bodyweight squats no matter how much you weigh.

Don't do it, it's retarded. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Just lift your damned weights and eat a good diet.

You can have a considerable amount of gains for upper body doing BW (not BBtier of course).
The problem is lower back, legs and posterior chain. You can't load that without weights. Leverage can strenghten your muscles but won't load your skeleton and the bigger muscle goups for those areas.
So if you want to BW trian it's ok. Just add at least a day a week to squat and deadlift.

I did body weight exercises for 4 months when I didn't have access to equipment. I did whatever I could to replicate heavy weights, push ups with shit in a back pack, ect.

I ate big and got bigger. The first time I stepped in a gym a put up 250 on bench. Body weight is not a long term solution, but triceps dips, push-ups, pull -ups ect. can definitely work. I would recommend at least getting some of the dumbells with interchangable plates at play-it-again sports or a used sporting good store/craigslist.

This is literally Sumo.

you would get fat, because bodyweight doesnt burn enough calories or create enough muscle to use up all that food.

What about a combo of BW and kettlebell training? Been at it for a while and has been good to me