Who is the lightest person you ever saw OHP lmao2plate?

Who is the lightest person you ever saw OHP lmao2plate?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/nailing-the-overhead-press
youtube.com/watch?v=6JmCOjnsKi4
youtube.com/watch?v=kr97GYcEeqE
youtube.com/watch?v=8crALRL8hfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never seen anyone "light" pressing 2plate, the only people i see it actually look like they lift and are around 80-90~kg.

are you implying pic related is 2 pl8???

Nah thats just a generic ohp pic

Nobody at my gym ohps more than 135 except me
There's one guy that can deadlift 495 and he looks about 180

i can honestly say I've never seen anyone IRL OHP 2plaet. Heaviest in my gym i've seen is probably 185 aside from myself

I 1rm 185, never see people do more than shoulder press for ohp though, and the most I see people do that with is like 90lb dumbbells. That is pretty heavy to do for reps though.

Rocco

>not using lats as a stable base to press from
>not locking out
>not initiating the movement with hips
Do you even The Press, Pajeet?

and the thumbs are all wrong

watching people on youtube... 175lbs OHP 225lbs

fuuck I feel like a scrub right now

Enjoy dying by suicide grip

80kg, give or take a bit (same guy push presses around 140 and log presses ~130). Dude is one jacked midget.

>>not initiating the movement with hips
>hips
>OHP
not gonna make it

enjoy no gains and being a huge pussy

I have to the best of my knowledge only seen one other person do an OHP at the gym. I don't remember how much they lifted though. No way it was 2 plates.

I just hit it at 210. I decided to bulk until I hit 2/3/4/5. I look like complete shit now though.

Enjoy no life because you have a dent in your skull and you're retarded

why does his left hand slide out an inch during the press

Matt ogus ohp 2 plate for 5 reps and he's a tiny manlet. Pretty damn impressive.

260lb is world class for 165lb weight class.
235lb is elite for 165lb weight class

It's possible. Training hard as fuck.

enjoy rotator cuff and wrist injuries

You probably lift with gloves? matching purse? Knee wraps and a belt?

t-nation.com/training/nailing-the-overhead-press

OHP is my fucking demon
I hate it and it hates me

My gains are super slow and if I take a break for more than a week, I feel like I lose 10 pounds

What other exercises help OHP?

Lots of exercises help, but the best ones tend to depend on exactly what you suck at with the overhead press.

It's always a super-slow exercise to progress on compared to others though. That's just the nature of it being a relatively light lift compared to other compounds.

try dumbbell presses.

and creating a solid base, work the lats

Suicide grip? What happens when it slips out of your hands while your locking out?

>everyone's shoulders are exactly the same

Enjoy that coffin.

not him, but you can do jap grip to accomplish the same thing as suicide except the thumb keeps it from possibly rolling

That never really happens. On the one in a billion chance that it does, you step back and hope no-one was stupid enough to stand next to you while pressing.

yes 2plates are on that bar

You should really be in-control when doing this lift. If you can't lock out without dropping the barbell, you're fucking up. If you're doing the lift properly, it is really not risky at all.

It's really not the same as bench-press with suicide grip - I never do that. It's so important on bench, because most people collapse their wrists back anyways and don't grip the bar properly.

If you've never done thumbless OHP, and especially if your OHP isn't in the 200+ range you should really STFU.

i want to tey ohp with suicide grip but the thought of fucking up and how easy it is just to put your fucking thumb over stops me

The only person I've seen press 2pl8 is my retarded fatass friend. He's 6'4 and probably 260ish. He deadlifts 6 plates with a rounded back, never gets hurt and then demolishes a 12 pack and pizza every week.

most people find that their wrists/shoulders are in a more ergonomic position using thumbless. give it a try with some weight you can do 10-15 times (max) and see how it feels. I only use thumb-over when i'm warming up with the bar.

Switching to thumbless OHP was an ephinany for me. Highly recommend.

did it get your through a plateau or just made the press more comfortable?

>having that much of a pussy grip it drops on you

LMAO nigga go get some chalk for your pussy hands or someffin smhhh

I don't think I will ever see anyone ohp 2 plates in my life

4000 keks

You become Glenn

>tfw naturally strong, broad shoulders and seated OHP 2pl8 for 8 reps

probably the only reason my bench is so high too

Ogus probably.

Starting with your hips is a Rippletits thing

youtube.com/watch?v=6JmCOjnsKi4

>naturally strong
Guess how i know you're lying...

>seated
LOL

OHP's slow as fuck progression is horrible to me. I gain on this fucker so damn slow. My squat flies up, my bench goes up without me even training it, but i've centred my routine around The Press and my body is not having it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kr97GYcEeqE

This is the most impressive overhead lift I've ever seen desu

>mfw the first time seeing some dude strict pressing lmao2pl8 for reps like it's a warmup set

This guy is strong as shit. lmao5pl8 squat ezpz. It's one thing to watch youtube clips and whatnot, but seeing it in person is something else.

>tfw you're at one and half plate lmao ohp
gotta make it lads

oh man i just got serious asmr from this

I used to do it at 200lbs. Now I'm fat and I can get 195. Feels bad man.

I was in the same position as you a few months ago. Took a break from the gym, and my form felt wonky for ALL of my lifts.

For overhead press, this was the thing I changed and it word for me. Now I'm always thumbless.

Seen one guy ever, in 5 years, strict press 2pl8 for reps.

He was at least 240lbs. Probably more.

>seated
>not locked out properly
Not exciting at all.

There is only one king of the press and he is the legendary Zydrunas Savickas. This here is the most impressive press ever performed:
youtube.com/watch?v=8crALRL8hfI