How long does a 500 calorie deficit last until it stops working?

How long does a 500 calorie deficit last until it stops working?

what the fuck are you trying to ask?

If I'm on a 500 calorie deficit eventually I'll stop losing weight. When does that stall in weight loss usually occur?

When your dcc equals your current dcc - 500 calories..........

Yeah how long does that usually take to happen?

you won't "eventually stop losing weight" if you keep consuming 500 less calories than you expend daily. your metabolism may slow, causing your weight loss to slow down, but it won't stop.

1.You have to subtract calories based on your bodyfat and size, not just lop off 500 calories and hope that it works.

2.You have to adjust the amount of calories you take in based on your current weight. Not on your starting weight.
So if you lost 20 pounds in a month then your TDEE should be drastically lower.

There, hope I answered your questions.

41 days exactly

Okay lets say I'm eating 2,500 calories. This is a 500 calorie from 3,000 which is my maintainence. If I continue to eat 2,500 calories, how long until it stops working?

Is this legit? So I'll lose about 6lbs until I have to adjust my calories again?

it obviously stops whenever your maintenance = 2,500 calories per day...?

Wow no shit you fucking moron.

Jeeze you guys need to go back to school

Yeah totally it'll take 41 days 6 hours and 13 seconds

Your maintenance will change as you lose bodyweight.
Less weight means lower maintenance
Lower maintenance means you'll need to consume fewer calories to stay at your new weight.

That 2500 calories that you are eating to drop weight?
Well it will become your new tdee.
You will then have to subtract 500 calories from 2500 calories.

Get it?

Whoa easy there, don't get your jimmies rustled for getting stupid fucking answers to a stupid fucking question.

Well why'd you ask the question?

February can't get here soon enough

You must be new here. Obviously it takes 24 days

Umm, no, there's a solar eclipse in August therefore instead of the normal 24 days it will take 41 days.

I was asking how LONG until I have to adjust those calories again

Jesus

NIGGA IT'S YOUR BODY HOW THE FUCK WOULD WE KNOW

It's a simple fucking question. Too bad you guys keep telling me shit I already fucking know

I'm taking about TIME

ITS FUCKING SIMPLE MATH

500 deficit = 3,500 calories a week
3,500 calories = 1lb of fat

Kys

Hur dur bro did you know if you eat a 500 calorie deficit you lose weight??

Huh? Get it?

Kys

Okay but real question how much do you have to weigh for 3,000 calories to be your maintenance?

Idk bro cause I'm ddduuummbbbb

Stop being a dumb faggot.

Just use the same site or guide that you used to figure out your original caloric maintenance and figure out the body weight at which you'll stop losing weight.

Dear OP,

fucking google it you daft bitch

>this thread

you niggas are stupid

No one waits to see when it stops working. Everyone wants consistent gains (or losses) so they weigh themselves weekly and go through the calculator again to find out what their new TDEE is. So to answer your question, you should calculate weekly if you are losing weight.

The general rule is readjust your macros every 5 lbs you lose

An amount of time

Am I the only one who actually understands the straight forward question OP is asking?

Ya congrats you and op are both stupid enough to understand each other

you're all legitimately retarded if you think you can somehow pinpoint your TDEE well enough that know what a "500 deficit" is

fuck this place makes my head hurt sometimes

Just put your height and weight into a calorie calculator and keep subtracting weight until you get to 2500 you fucking genius.

>there are no other factors such as levels of activity and metabolism

It's a fucking retarded question because a constant 500 calorie deficit implies a constant decrease daily intake, so it will NEVER stop working

Re-calculate your entire eating plan from scratch every time you lose/gain 10 grams of body weight for that top-tier diet accuracy

level of activity and metabolism are already taken into consideration when you're talking about a deficit.

Until you die, retard. Simple physics, eventually you' ll waste away, because you won't have any energy to keep your organs functioning. Dipshit!

When you lose 20-25% or so of your entire bodyweight since the beginning you fucking idiot.

Yes

i want new year to leave

The body and how many calories it burns a day is variable depending on a LOT of factors. You just have to experience for yourself by probably tracking your weight as you are cutting. The answer to your question isn't very simple for me to answer, but adjust your calories accordingly if you're stalling.

assuming you are correct with your calorie counting it will take about 2 months (58-64 days) eating at a 500 calorie deficit depending on your height and body fat %

longest amount of time was a 4ft manlet with close to zero muscle mass, shortest was 7ft lanklet with almost no fat (for anyone wondering how the calculations were done)

oh and the age was 25, didn't bother varying age since it doesn't affect BMR too much unless you're comparing a 70 yr old man and a 20 yr old man or some shit

>This entire thread
I sincerely hope this is shitposting

But on topic: how tall do I have to be for a 500 calorie deficit to work? Looking to have it work for at least 3 months

kek

>Naan bread
>Chinese food

This triggers me