things I'd say to myself a few years ago
>bulking and cutting is a meme
>learn how insulin works
>disregard Veeky Forums, squats and deadlifts are bad for you
>PPLPP works marvels and not only for roiders
>use sunblock
>DON'T stretch
>yes, you need to weight what you eat
>you don't need to do cardio three times a week, in fact cardio is not needed at all

enjoy a nice long sauna on your rest day user

>deadlifts are bad
>cardio is not needed
nice memes

Thats a fucking goron m8

youtube.com/shared?ci=uGS6L18Pmo0

>results of ss+gomad

That it would fuck with my period

> If you start lifting and you use the Mifflin-St. Jeor equation and go on a surplus of 300-500 calories you still might end up rather fat and get stretch marks. You should first cut and then perhaps bulk very lightly.

> Being strong and looking strong are different things that need different programming.

> Don't buy a lot of clothes in year first year of lifting.

> Don't be unaware that lifting has a heavy social stigma, at least in the white-collar world.

What social stigma ?

>DON'T stretch

Why?

It won't be as difficult as I think

Plyometric bodyweight shit is utterly useless for 99% of athletic pursuits.

Low bar is best bar from the start and forever.

Squatting 600 lbs will not make Michaela love you.

Squatting 600 lbs will, however, allow you to put a hurting on the small, physically attractive (no homo) winger that thought he could tackle you.

Not him, but static stretching before workouts or other physical activity has been shown to decrease performance and increase injury rates, possibly due to "deadening" the nerves of the muscle by stretching through the stretch-shorten reflex, such that they can't be recruited as quickly in order to perform or to brace against an externally applied ballistic force that may be encountered during sports.

Dynamic warm ups (high stepping, row machine, Hitler walks, and so forth) are better to do before a workout, and in fact will loosen up and literally warm up muscles so that they can be more fully recruited and avoid injuries.

Save the static stretching bullshit for after your work out, if you feel a need to do it.

It won't make me taller

I honestly have no idea how people get by without counting calories. But then again, most people I know are either a bit chubby or too skinny.

>social stigma in the white-collar world

What?

I'm a lawyer. There are so many god damn health freaks (many more in horrible condition of course), many of whom lift with me. Being out of shape and fat just looks bad to everyone, and looking good in front of judges, juries, clients, etc. is super fucking important.

I have no idea what the user you're quoting is on about, I haven't heard of ANY place or field where being fit isn't an asset let alone looked down upon.

Are you kidding? I wouldn't tell anyone I lift weights. I don't want to get lumped in with you bros with your baseball hats and string tank tops. Gym culture is cancer.

That's why when people ask you if you lift you tell them you do 10 pushups and 10 situps every morning before breakfast and every night before bed

Beta as fuck T B H

I'm so glad my gym has an actual dress code. No sleeveless shirts, no caps and especially no string tank tops. This in combination with it being 5 bucks more pricy than your typical chain gym keeps all the gymbro idiots away.

Great physical strength is commonly being associated with inferior intellect.

Would you like your doctor to be skinnyfat or fucking jacked?

It's not gay if she has a feminine penis

He's right you know. Normies feel like they found you out if you admit you look good because you lift. They then say "Oh that's nothing for me, I just do bullshit physical activity. And then you drink those protein shakes." and from that day on they feel superior in a smug way because they know as everybody else knows that lifting is done to compensate for insecurity.

It's not trivial to know whether you should be truthful about this. I like talking about the things that feel good, and encouraging others to try them out, but here my experience is that many people can't relate.

That I should lift for make myself a better, more capable, human being and not for girls.

If he's jacked and has a fucking doctorate then i can be confident he won't bs me as much. Fat run of the mill people won't prefer him because they will instantly feel less healthy in comparison.

You don't understand what it means to be a doctor. You can make snarky remarks but I'm a doctor and I lift and I know that the super-badasses that don't spend this additional hour almost daily and that are not fatigued at least a bit after lifting have some extra 5-10% of energy devoted to medicine. This is a cumulative effect. The reason it is not apparent always and immediately is because no two doctors are specialized in exactly the same way and because in clinical medicine the relation between effort of the doctor and clinical outcome is noisy.

I know that I would prefer my doctor to not be jacked. Not that it would make such a great difference in most situations whether the doctor is just good or top-of-the-curve.

But it is a general pattern that people who have more distraction are worse doctors. It's a personality attribute kind of thing. The best ones are those that are completely focused on medicine.

A lot of normies do work out, but consider you an autistic tryhard if you count macros. They then make up bullshit excuses to why they're not making gains.
>tfw people who have been working out consistently for years are still dyels

So you spend an hour in the gym. And you don't think that other doctors spend the same amount of time on non-doctor-related stuff, too? Maybe golf?

>The best ones are those that are completely focused on medicine.

That's just a burnout waiting to happen

that if I wanted to be attractive and slay pussy I would have been better off spending that time making money instead

>no sleeveless shirts
What a bunch of fuel insecure faggots

It's different. Lifting heavy induces fatigue that decreases concentration and mental capacity at least for the rest of the same day, often I also feel it the next day. Also if you go fishing or golfing you can reflect work-related stuff. Lifting does have a kind of dizzying, narcotic effect, at least for me.

Most of you are shit anyway

Just think about this, my fellows:

Just for the sake of argument, let's say you do Jim Wendler's 5/3/1. This is what I'm on currently, and my workouts usually don't take longer than an hour.

That's 4 hours a week, plus time devoted to getting to the gym, walking in, changing, etc. it's probably a good solid 6 hours a week.

Then you got meal prep and eating. If I were a normal person, I could just eat 3 meals a day, but to build muscle I'm looking at least 6. Sure, you can multi-task, but you're still partially devoted to eating these meals, carrying these meals, packaging these meals, heating these meals up.

Just for the fuck of it let's say all together the food portion is 4 hours a week.

That's 10 hours a week that you spend on fitness.

Now, say you aren't a total retard, have some skills, no child or burdensome wife, and have a job that pays the bills.

You moonlight for 10(net pay) an hour for 10 hours each week

10x10= 100 dollars per week you make

100x52 weeks= 5200 dollars extra a year.

Avg. cost of jaw implants is 6000.

If you spend three years doing this instead of lifting you can have almost assuredly enough cosmetic work done to have an attractive face.

AND you don't have to work that hard for a sub-par Justin Bieber-tier physique, so you end up being AT LEAST a true 7/10, who hopefully also made good money from your primary job that you have invested into a bright future.

Eh, like, grocery shopping, I assume most people can eye ball what's in their budget.

That's why the good ones get so much love from all sides. You wouldn't believe the pussy I have pulled because my dad is a good doctor at our hospital. Top-drawer stuff.

Can i meet cute grills at yoga or will they laugh at me in my hot pants?

>I..it worked!

Interesting. I feel the opposite. I'm a doctor also and if it weren't for insane working hours I would go in the morning . I find it invigorating

10$ /h ??
Lol

What's your specialty?

No spec. Intern still