Is gymnastics fit approved?

Is gymnastics fit approved?

I think it looks fun as fuck and I'm going to start doing it. Should help with my shit cardio.

Hell yes.

bodyweight calisthenics are god teir for noob gains.
and doing supermans and handstands and shit is great for mires

still a good idea to incorporate some free weights

Good to hear. My only issue with free weights is squats and deads fuck my back. It's a shame because they give me the best results especially with increasing body weight.

It's a shame he's probably a gooch tickler.

pound for pound gymnasts are some of the strongest athletes out of any discipline

>Dem rounded shoulders

Looks goddamn heterosexual.

What about tennis players? It's easy if you have negative bodyweight.

i don't know what this post means but i think it may have given me AIDS

You will benefit from it, but you won't compete unless you start at under 10 years old. I'd suggest a combat sport like boxing, wrestling, muay thai, or jew jitsu. You can still lift (actually recommended you do), get good cardio, and actually know how to hold up in a fight, should you ever be cursed to get in one.

Also go up in weight class, no matter what. You should be at the highest weight possible for 10-13% bodyfat while able to run at least one 8 minute mile. Just baseline suggestion, weight class doesn't matter as much but you'll notice as you train that everyone wants to move up in weight and leave humanity behind, including you.

>pound for pound meme

Fuck off. That shit doesn't scale properly

Exactly. It the reason there is a WILKS formula.

The bigger someone is, especially with increase height, the further weight has to travel, and the more work it is to move their own weight a further distance.

Therefor, as absolute strength and weight goes up, even if it is from muscle and bone, the relative strength goes down.

It's like when people think they are being smart by saying "Ants are stronger than elephants, if an and was as big as an elephant they could lift and aircraft-carrier" - in reality the Ant would literally fall apart and its exoskeleton would cave inward on itself and collapse. Its legs would also fall off. - relative strength absolutely does not scale in 1:1 ratio with increased size.

It like when some lifter who is 170 pounds Brags about a 600 pound DL, and he has good leverages and long arms, and he's a short fucking manlet. He claims to be stronger pound for pound than Thor Bjornsson - whom he called comparitively weak, because if "pound for pound". Yet if this 170 pound lifter roided and HGH'd his way up to 340, doubling his bodyweight, he would NOT double his deadlift or even close to it.

good post.

My Exercise Physiology/Bioenergetics professor thought that high level gymnasts were pretty much the best pure athletes on the planet and I tend to agree with him

What about Decathletes?

Solid argument for them too. I think for him they might have gone too far in the generalist direction.
Really good at 5 things but not really exemplary in any single thing.

I think if you argued that they were just as good an athlete or better you wouldn't get a whole lot of resistance from most people though.

Doing basic bodyweight progressions is great for overall health and athleticism. But be prepared that it takes a long time (months to years) to develop the skills and tendon/ligament strength to do any of the really impressive stuff.

>jew jitsu

Yes. Gymnasts are some of the strongest athletes in the world.

I only squat, row, dead and OHP with barbell. Apart from that I primarily do calisthenics with rings along with weighted chins and dips. Feels good.

Holy shit.

This pic gave me a boner. It's happening, isn't it?

Weightlifters?