What is it with autists and history? Why do they always obsess over WW2? Why not the more interesting cold war?

What is it with autists and history? Why do they always obsess over WW2? Why not the more interesting cold war?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Grenada
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U-2_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(listening_device)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian–Vietnamese_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Gabon_coup_d'état
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheche_Disaster
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaba_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>why don't you like what I like
>animeposting
kys

Why not the even more interesting Napoleonic Wars?

Cold war is boring, borderline current american politics

But i'm a certified sperg and Cold War is my favorite subject. Seriously though, World War 2 is interesting and all but it doesn't compare to the movie like plots of Françafrique or Soviet Afghanistan.

Now you're talking my language.

Why not the more interesting lead up to ww1?

Only being interested in military and diplomatic history, no matter the era, is a sure sign of an autist

>20th century history

SNOOOORE

This

>God tier
Cuisine history
>Mid tier
Local history
>Autism tear
War history

>Cold war is boring, borderline current american politics
Nah, it has a lot of interesting, sometimes niche-y stuff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Grenada
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U-2_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(listening_device)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian–Vietnamese_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Gabon_coup_d'état
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheche_Disaster
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaba_I

Because the second world war is literally the biggest event in human history. It's mankinds finest and worst hour. It's progress and the point in modern history at which nothing would be the same with even minor differences

this

Because in the past, being autistic wasn't noticable the least and you could live youre life to fullest like rest of people and be happy.
Today if your an autist, you would probably end up being an anti-social virgin neet with few useless for life hobies and only dreams about ending it all.

History is one form of escapism that will always be interesting and remind you how much insignificant your life is compared to people from the past.

>Cuisine history

These people are pseudo intellectuals whose interest comes from grand strategy games, and likely couldn't finish a book not on military history.

You are 100% correct. Economic, social, political and cultural history is the actual telling sign of someone who's interested in history rather than HOI4 and Military History Visualized videos.

>Lead up to WWI
>Military history
what

Diplomatic History. Almost as bad.

>Politics and economics are bad history

>France worked to pin the Gabon coup on the US
>French people attacked the US embassy under the guise of being Gabonese
Worst ally

>the belle epoque wasn't a thousand times more interesting than the cold war
also everything published is by now under glorious public domain so it's neat

>3992831
great projection lad

Internal politics and economics are good history. /gsg/ tier 'Lol willy ii nicky XD' tier shit is fucking cancer.

That's fine. It's good you're interested in cultural history, that's like the highest tier there is. diplomatic and Military history is the shit one.

No, you start practicing real history than pseudo-intellectual pop-history trash so you can feel smart while you wank off to military marches on youtube. It isn't history. It is autism.

What a pseud.

>autists and history
>ww2
arent they more likely to be a Veeky Forums fag than anyone else? not just ww2

Not an argument.

How is being interessted in economic, social, political and cultural history not make you an autist compared to being in interessted in military history?
How is being interessted in history in general not make you an autist?

Wasn't supposed to be one.

Because military history is not real history. And you don;'t enjoy it for what history is (a study of change, debating interpretation, progression and understanding various periods and theories), you enjoy it because it's violent and cool.

It’s all the /pol/licks obsessed with Nazi Germnay

Anne Frank was already dead by the time the Cold War began, so I can't have pregnant fantasies about her spying on the Communists.

>cold war
>interesting
Probably one of the most boring shits in history. Just some pointless proxy wars + popular culture changed into garbage.

>No, you start practicing real history than pseudo-intellectual pop-history trash

Where did you see that?

>so you can feel smart while you wank off to military marches on youtube

You sound like an insufferable cunt Tbh. I barely have any interest on stuff regarding military history, i find it actually boring and cringe a bit to see so many threads dedicated to ancient armor and tactics

You're right. You know you're REALLY interested in history when you begin analyzing the role of women in all societies!

This is very true.
That said, there's History Channel diplomatic history, and actual diplomatic history. Almost no one wants to do the actual diplomatic history work, because it's tedious as fuck and boring 99% of the time. The US gets a letter from every ambassador about every response to every event every day. That and the historiography has to go into details regarding the current state of every country that sends letters, and so you have to go through the relevant works there too. It fucking sucks.

Or you can go the history channel route and go "PEOPLE IN (x country) WERE MAD ABOUT (x event)." Why? WHO GIVES A FUCK!?

Wars are interesting and easy to digest because they're big and lifechanging, have lots of people involved, tend to be well documented, have an easy chronology, and a defined, simple outcome. Perfect for a history buff who wants to know more than other people about useless crap, but don't want to go through all the effort.

If you use the classical definition of internet autism then it's a lot more autistic while something being cool and violent is appealing to normies.

This. Literally any other (finished) AD century past (with exceptions) the tenth is infinitely better. World Wars were shit.

>You sound like an insufferable cunt Tbh. I barely have any interest on stuff regarding military history, i find it actually boring and cringe a bit to see so many threads dedicated to ancient armor and tactics
Then why are you fucking arguing with me? We literally have the same view.

Nice cherrypicked example. But there’s still more substance in that than the 18th thread about pinochet or sealion.

>Economic, social, political and cultural history
You can look at military history through the lens of all these fields though.

Because you're trying to derive superiority from it.

reeeee tutsis gtfo
hutu did nothing wrong

As you said, niche

Autismotrons need much more fuel to obsess over

John Green

De Gaulle blatantly told you "France doesn't have friends only interests" and you're surprised about this?

Citation needed.

stop abusing from a neurological condition with your cancerous memespeak

>reee anyone who studies history I don’t like is an autist

Is there a bigger pseudo then people like you who trash history because its not appealing

>He doesn't find the history of pickled food intriguing
Absolute pleb

Just as a reminder, never trust advice from someone who can't use 'your' and 'you're' properly. Advice from idiots it's simply idiotic advice.