What's your chess routine, Veeky Forums?

What's your chess routine, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.lichess.org/xcHEuq1z
lichess.org/7JMVIHnP
en.chessbase.com/post/1-e4-or-1-d4-which-is-the-better-move
youtu.be/HdHWAuQRG7E
lichess.org/DesUFkd0
lichess.org/rZixFk5g
lichess.org/OOkX8LId
lichess.org/sgBfJytB
en.lichess.org/OOkX8LId/white#27
lichess.org/bDGgMAbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First horse to d4, afterwards take the pawn and you win

>twf too smart to play children's game

Nvm im retarded, first horse next to tower and at h3

Flip board. Rape opponent.

lichess.org/6U7eIHnm
fight me

I pawn out my queen to bish up roids
then go to the gym of a knight to keep my gains in check

I've won the chess tournament at my university last year m8
>still no gf

How high is your rating?

Wow, you guys are just awful.

>posts on the chon
>won chess tournament
>no gf
Had to warm up the old grey matter for this one

Horse take pawn, protects my took from queen and also puts him in check.

These answers are all wrong.

I'm the answer just above you, can you tell me why?
Want to learn from my errors

The easiest way for black to refute your analysis is simply to take the rook, let his queen be taken by the knight, and look at the pieces that are left. There is only one way for white to draw here.

The next poster is Magnus carlsen

en.lichess.org/xcHEuq1z

Knight to d2, queen takes rook, knight to e4, king and knight swap moves ad infinitum...draw

Correct, you win the grand prize.

lichess.org/7JMVIHnP

>horse

Warmup:
Win against shitty players x 5
Workout:
Play against people better than me x F

fight me user

wouldn't black take your knight with his king before taking the rook with his queen?

1. Nd2+ Qxf1 2. Ne4+ Kf7 3. Nd6+ Kf6 4. Ne4+ Kf5 5. Nd6+ Kg5 6. Ne4+ Kf5

Black must take the rook, and after Ne4, black can't escape the checks.

Thx my dude, didn't even see that, need more sleep

Warmup:
tip my fedora

Workout:
beat kasparov before breakfast

Cooldown:
sheathe my katana

Castle King side
Develop my pawns
Plan for the end
Deny the holocaust

I play the 5 free tactics puzzles on chess.com every day and solve their daily puzzle.

They rank me around 1280. Its too high.

tactic on chess.com are usually 300-500 above your playing rating

>being below 2000 on tactics

thats funny because i have a 1550 ish uscf chess rating and i'm a 1200 on those stupid fucking tactics.

I've found many where the solution has multiple answers and it only takes one, such as there being three free spaces on a diagonal to give a pin/skewer and it only taking one of the spaces

hm...
maybe you are more of positional player than tactical
I have 1370 blitz rating on chess.com and have 1720 tactic rating (dont have real world rating coz too autistic to tourney)

Wrong

>too autistic to tourney

It's fucking CHESS. 90% of the people there is autismo

I literally just went and found one where you can give an unblock-able check before taking a hung knight and force the king to hang a rook, and it wouldn't take that sequence over taking the hung knight immediately. Hopefully lichess tactics are better

2x 15|10 games
5x tactics

daily

e4 best by test

I play Grand strategy games / war games instead. Much better brain exercise. Chess is just memorization. No strategy or tactics.

>horse

en.chessbase.com/post/1-e4-or-1-d4-which-is-the-better-move

first move is d2 then theres a ton of variations but you have a forced draw

How on earth would such a position arise

Aka the Queen's Gainbit.

Sicilian to e4, QGD to d4.

>What's your chess routine, Veeky Forums?

Memorize hundreds of openings and variants and repeat the same sequences of actions accordingly and wonder why I feel hollow when people compliment me for it.

Truly the King's game.

>tfw too jacked to play chess

pawns out for carlsen

Huh.

Hey Eric, stream more brah...getting boring without the streams.....get robin too...

Chessbrah

youtu.be/HdHWAuQRG7E

Real men play King's gambit. Queen's isn't even gambit

Overwatch has better graphics.

After your move, the black king would be forced to move to G5. Then your knight moves to E6 and takes the pawn, causing check, the black queen then moves to E6 and takes your knight, taking the black king out of check. The black rook could also do it.

That leaves white with a king and a rook, and black with pretty much all of their pieces. I am far too stupid to see much farther ahead, but I can't imagine white can force a draw from that.

Of course, that assumes the black queen doesn't just move to F1 and take the white rook after you move the knight on white's turn.

The knight would have to move from e4 to d6 to regain check. The black king then moves to g5. The knight then moves to e7 to regain check.

The king then moves to e6, threatens the knight, AND the knight can't regain check in one move.

Unless I am misunderstanding how you intend to move the knight

I coach it at the local middle school even though two of the kids there are probably better than me. But they're really good desu.

At the moment I'm studying English Lines (as black). Spent last week studying sicillian lines and French. I don't play as well as black.

Almost got my tactics rating on lichess to 1900 but always fuck up when I get close

fight me
lichess.org/DesUFkd0

When I was trying to get better my routine was exclusively calculation exercises and watching John Bartholomew standard game vids.

Currently at 1950 USCF. I'm hoping to get master at some point in my life, but I haven't played a serious game or solved a tactics problem in about 6 months. I find my interest in chess comes in spurts.

lichess.org/rZixFk5g

Let's go fit. I'm tired as fuck and suck at blitz; one of you might beat me.

Awh, my opponent just left during the opening.

Let's gooooo

lichess.org/OOkX8LId

whoever play me for two games what's your rating?

Qf1

let's see you draw this variation, boy

GG to last guy

new game

lichess.org/sgBfJytB

Damn, I actually played a perfect game according to the lichess analysis.

en.lichess.org/OOkX8LId/white#27

To my opponent: you made too many pawn moves, but you weren't doing anything too stupid, you missed a few pins though and moving the f pawn so early severely weakens your kingside, which I was able to exploit with the knight sac. Pretty happy with how I played that honestly.

>white to move and draw
>draw
how about no

>depth 21
what are you running this on a potato

could you please rephrase it in an intelligible language?
>let his queen be taken by the knight
then black ain't "refuting" anything, that's white blundering

>tfw always open too aggresively and do not invest enough in my defense. This always causes me to get gucked over mid-game. I should focuse on agressive strategies where I still cover my shit.

What are the best ways to learn / get better at chess? I watched some videos on youtubez for the basics and some good openers, but i still really suck.

I downloaded chess free on my android and can't even beat the lowest AI ;_;

>Nd2+
>not taking the pawn Nh2+
it's not a big change, but how the fuck is it not a more optimal move than leaving the pawn there?
are you running your analysis on an hand-crank powered computer?

>how the fuck is it not more optimal
it's not, and I'll leave you guess why.
>hand-crank powered computer
Absolutely no, I get you can't understand how stockfish works.

Nxh2+ would actually be a blunder

what a coincidence just thought about today to pick up chess

can anyone recommend books or overall information on how to improve one's play? I played a bit in my youth ~1600-1700 elo range but dropped and never touched it again

Also I'm more interested in blitz

unbeatable urusov

>books
My System is the SS+GOMAD of chess.

I call it that, and I'm a 1958.
It's just funny to me every time.

which is your system?

fuck i legit thought you had an own system lmao
thanks for the advice

this shit works against new players 95% of the time

>end game puzzles
>tactics puzzles
literally spend 90% of your training on these.
pick a handful of openings and study them to a decent depth, you dont need a volume worth of openings in your head
similar to the fried liver attack, but bishop d6 (or na6)stops it, resulting in a double d pawn for black, and I dont know how bad that is considering the position.

OP here, another problem for you.

White to move and draw.

I've composed these myself, by the way.

im not good at this but once thing that jumped out immediately is that if white checks with the rook and black takes it's stalemate, but black doesnt have to take and I cant bother calculating

Double d-pawn isn't awful. You get control over e5 and the open c-file.

Nc6 is a terrible move and even beginner players know that.

1. f3 ... 2. Kf2 1-0. Srs, played this in a few blitz tournaments, managed to confuse some wins out of higher rated opponents because they wtfd and messed up. Got a schooled a few times as well tho so I don't do that shit anymore.

exactly, wanted to say that, it controls 2 very important squares and brings the rook to life but on the other hand the pawn is just hanging there and you'd need to delegate a piece to its defense

As long as you just play normal developing moves and fight for the centre, the pawn will more often than not be a resource that is in no need of constant protection. Put all your minor pieces in active positions, and your major pieces on the c-file.

exactly, draw by perpetual check.

right, I'm retarded
you're right, but a pawn like that could be a liability in end game

lets
get
this
shit
started

lichess.org/bDGgMAbU

>tfw to swoll to be intelligent

>He doesn't work out his brain in the library

Lol at this game