/plg/ Powerlifting General

Thread dedicated to the SPORT of POWERLIFTING!

>barbells are not natural edition

Official website:
powerliftinggeneral.com/ with videos, books, programs, links, and more.

Sheiko programs:

Beginner
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI&t=2m45s
youtu.be/ssB3JxwkO10
strengtheory.com/healthy-shoulders-big-bench/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=okJLFXV6_WM
youtube.com/watch?v=lqwkOfKKlZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=StVnLwNpZKU
youtu.be/_EGsbTUzRTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>boris sheiko

fuck off edition

I can't concentrate on anything, and haven't been able to for weeeeeks.
I can't even focus my eyes.

Help :c

damn... who knew blueshoe could look so innocent and nice... not like the ripped dangerous animal psychopath he is hiding inside...

tht picture is cute...

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI&t=2m45s

I watched this video, and it looks like he bases the grip on the point just below the index finger, which causes the blue angle in my picture.

If I place it like the red line, I think the distribution is uneven, and the thumb side gets more of the weight, which causes the pain.

If rip were to grip like the red line in the video, he'd have to move his hand up so the bar lays lower, described in pic.

This sounds reasonable to me at least.

sleep more, turn off your phone, dont open tabs to things that aren't necessary, make a schedule and keep to it, look into the pomodoro method

Don't start excessively taking strong stimulants such as adderall, they will create a dependancy and you wont be able to concentrate without them. Best of luck bro, developed a huge concentration problem in my second year of uni when i lost a lot of motivation and had to grind through it and train myself, concentration is like the deadlift, everybody wants to deadlift a lot, but don't nobody want to deadlift

The bench press is primarily a lat movement, not chest, literally any strength coach worth his salt will tell you this but you choose to listen to a 100lb tranny that doesn't even compete

hello everyone, i need a program recommendation

i did SS for 2 months, but my legs couldn't handle squatting 60 kg three times a row, so i deloaded to 40 kg and switched to SL. i figured the volume would help my legs get bigger. i was at the program for like 3 months and got to a 82.5 kg squat, which i'm very proud of. i felt that i was really ready for more volume, so i switched to ICF 5x5 as i've heard great things about it, and i was ready to take my training to the next level.

problem is i have done icf for 1.5 months now and my squat and deadlift has actually decreased, my squat is at 77.5 kg and deadlift at 92.5 kg. what do i do help?

should i switch to something more advanced, like greyskull LP maybe? i figured that AMRAP set could really give me that extra squeeze of volume to finally let my legs grow.

i'm always looking for the most optimal program, and the one that will finally take me to a 2pl8 squat. i know the journey will be long, but i'm in it for the long run, i'm talking 2-3 years here. i started with a 20 kg squat, and hopefully in 3 years i can finally lift 2pl8s.

my diet is on point, i'm cutting at a 550 kcal deficit atm, and sleeping 8-10 hours a day when i dont have to watch my wifes son.

hope yall can be of some help, cheers strong friends of plg

Greyskull is a beginner program like SS. Go for it.

I did similar to it when I started and it worked and was fun.

This feels so low for deadlifts from blocks :(

pls be in london

What's with the bowlcut?

Hi can anyone help me with my dead lift?

Basically, when i set up for the lift at the very bottom, my lower back bends, no matter what it stays bent, i think its lack of hamstring flexibility anyone else have any ideas?

Also, to stretch out my hamstring I'm doing romanian deadlifts.

post video

take video bby

i would also like to add

i'm very strict in my form, i've watched all of alan thralls videos and know exactly what good form is and what bad form is. i film every set, even warmups, and if i see the slightest form breakdown i deload about 10-20% in fear of injury, this has kept me safe for all the time i've trained so i'm definately sticking with this plan of attack in the future. safety before injury is my motto

my fitness journey has only begun but with the help of the strongest people on the internet i'm sure i will succeed in my goals!

i have drink of creatine before my workout, amino acids in the middle of my workout (exactly after the 6th compound set to be exact), and a protein shake after workout, with powder from gold standard whey protein for maximum prrtein synthesis. these supplements are essential to every powerlifters arsenal, and i couldnt have broken a 80 kg squat without it. i dont want any suggestion on food and supplements because this is the best setup by far and you can't argue it. i've read most articles on examine.com so i'm quite well read on the subject.

ah ok, i'll post one in next few days, unfortunately can't do atm, thank you regardless.

youtu.be/ssB3JxwkO10

uh oh

so she was telling the truth all this time

weow nice meme

You mean the official obscenity cut?

what wilks must i achieve before they ship me my
>gf

Most of the trips with 380+ seem to pull tail.

I feel like Blueshoes might actually be a downie, like no meming or anything.

I have my hopes up for 500wilks.

This time! I believe! :)

I got a gf when I had 0 wilks lad :^)

guy guys check it

been lifting a while but new to powerlifting. i never did deadlifts cuz i was scared of them right, also my bench plateaued

did deadlifts yesterday, hit bench today, and it has already imroved because my back felt more stable

thanks /plg/

How do you brace for good mornings anyway? Do you push out like on squats and deadlifts or do you contract/pull in like with ab wheel?

None of the high Wilks trips have a gf though

Filip has 10 fuckbuddies though, so that's at least something.

he doesn't look it

I love you, friend from Sverige.

Trappy makes me happy!

I feel like it's just a severe case of autism

Wait the trap is back? I thought he was dead.

Just consider homosexuality, im sure sweden has ton of them.

see:

What you don't know is that is actually Isabella, one of Filip's 10 fuckbuddies

How can I go gay bear mode?

I'm not even gay, I just really want giant arms, a huge chest, a thicc upper back and a nice ass.

I wanna do steroids desu:(

I want ALL of the seventeen year-old buttblasted /pol/ faggots to get the FUCK out of my threads

Filip are you here? Why are you doing Norwegian bodybuilding memes?

achievable natty if you're willing to get fat and are under 5'8

Anybody here look like that?

Confirmed for being new

I want to take a break from training for a while and do bodybuilding for a few months.

How do I bodybuild? I'm so use to going heavy all the time and doing lots of deadlifts and bench.

I lift about 4x a week, but the days change from week to week, so I can't run a conventional program, I have to make to self regulate.

What kinda rep schemes should I do?

Any good lifts?

How do I get as jacked as possible in 3 months if I already have the strength basis?

Sheiko is unironically good for bodybuilding.

Literally GZCL J&T2.0, just skip the 6 week peaking cycle and run the first one for all the time you want.

Anyone have some recommendations on stretches and things I can do to help recover a shoulder injury?

strengtheory.com/healthy-shoulders-big-bench/

Vicky Cristina Barcelona 2008 1080p BDRip AAC x264 (multisubs)-tomcat12.mp4

Literally can't do any of these currently cause the stress on the shoulders make me wanna cry.

Can tight quads and hip flexors cause lockout issues when pulling sumo? I feel like I can get my hips through lately.

I'm sorry but I can't help you then,shoulders are the only thing I have yet to destroy.

Gonna do this thanks

checked

Np,I have been doing it myself with some changes and a 5th day.
Good gains,make sure to read the entire blog post about the program.

If you want a true departure from powerlifting, pick main lift variants that put you through a longer ROM and hit them for reps in the 6-10 range, then dick around with dumbbells and stuff.

Flys.

Fuck, I really need some tips on shit I should do to help heal this injury cause its making me REEEE so hard

Stop powerlifting.

Do high rep, light weight dumbbells and fix your shit.

:( I guess ill wrap it and chill for a week

Incline bench angle on sheiko?

Should it be closer to flat or closer to 90 degrees?

Literally does not matter

If it's rotator cuff remember to do the pendulum exercises.
If it's biceps tendinitis do DB supinating curls.
If it's thoracic outlet entrapment stretch the neck muscles and pec minor.

One of the few of his films that I found boring to be honest.

Bear mode is probably the easiest to achieve natty lol

Contract as if you're gonna be punched.
Pushing out doesn't work that well cause you're bending forwards, so if you have a bit of belly it gets in the way.

He usually recommends 30 degrees or 45. But in some programs he specifically asks for higher angles like 60.

But it doesn't matter that much.

I've been fat my whole life, and never once cut when lifting these past 3-4 years.
I'm so uncomfortable in my body. But I don't know how to get lean.

I can't do it...

π / 4

This is not true

Doesn't matter as long as you are consistent.

read everything Eric Cressey has ever written

pec stretch, stuff to mobilize the posterior capsule are main things to help shoulder. specific ways to do them though, if done incorrectly they can be painful and counter productive.

honestly, I think a lot of focus should be more on rehab excercises.

yes, you start simple with basic isolation rotator cuff excercises.

but as you progress, you must start performing more complex movements that work the rotator cuff functionally (as a stabilizer).

Cuban snatches, YWTL complex, pushups, pushups on stability ball. even benching with a focus on keeping the shoulder really stabilized (you need to learn to use the rotator cuff to pull you shoulder into the socket)

Eric Cressey has a good progression to getting back into bench pressing from injury

I believe it starts with lots of pushups, then Lots of partial pressing and pressing variations, all progressing to full ROM barbell bench press.

arctan of 1

Eat at a surplus.

5x10 squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press, btn press, incline bench.

Come back in two years.

bodorio already had all that mass before sheiko desu

d-delete this post

higher the angle, the more shoulder you work. Lower, more chest of course.

Lower is gonna be more specific. I reccomend 30 degrees.

if the goal is to work the upper chest, 30 degrees is right too.

you need to remember that just as large arching effectively turns a flat bench into a decline bench, large arching can turn an incline bench into a flat bench.

especially if your goal is to work the upper chest, this is not ideal. only arch as much as you need to get proper thoracic extension and scapular retraction (just so you don't blow your shoulders, incline is especially tough on the shoulders).

an old bodybuilder trick is to put your feet up on a box at the end of the bench or something. flexing the hip more makes it harder to arch.

as the RPE goes up you will probably arch your back more in the middle of the set without even trying. trust me.

although for specificity sake you could argue a huge arch is more specific. but if you want specificity just do tegular bench or a flat variant desu. you don't always need to maximize specificity, and sometimes there is benefit in not doing so

and before some asshole like trappy chan comes along and says "aah the upper chest doesn't exist", there are different nerves that fire different groups of muscle fibers on the chest, and there are differences in EMG when pressing at different angles for different parts of the chest. there is also a ton of anecdotal experience with the lower chest being over developed from lots of pressing at a low angle, and then evening out development by doing more highly angled pressing.

there is also undeniably a clavicular head of the pec major.

also, pressing that has more shoulder extension may utilize the upper portions of the chest more, but for a different purpose and probably less effectively than a wide-gripped incline bench.

I should add that your grip on incline should probably be in just a smidge from your normal bench grip, and bring bar down just below clavicle.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=okJLFXV6_WM

I made this because you inspired me to help people

proof?

Either way, it actually is good for building mass.

is this a joke

>pendulum exercises
thanks dude

youtube.com/watch?v=lqwkOfKKlZ4
>Either way, it actually is good for building mass.
/doubt

I'm sure sheiko works pretty well for hypertrophy. high volume, progress and a caloric surplus work very well to induce hypertrophy.

but it's not optimal.

the big one is probably excercise selection. lots of the big 3, very little back or delt work (deadlifting doesn't really count, bench works delts some but not significantly). arm isolation does help out.

while I'm not one to believe a ton of excercise variety is optimal and definitely not neccesary, I think there is definitely an imbalance, and for some reasons 2 excercises for each muscle/movement pattern (splitting the volume) might be better for bodybuilding.

I also don't see 3x frequency as neccesary for bodybuilding and it's finicky in all honesty. keep in mind the Schoenfeld study (I think it was that one), between 3x and 1x frequency (per muscle group) there was no difference in hypertrophy (with the same weekly workload). would be nice to see a moderate frequency (2x) have been done.

anyway, I am a fan of 2x frequency for BBing, and splitting up muscle groups over different workouts (This is simply for convenience sake). I think an upper/lower split is ideal in most generic situations, honestly.

my other criticism, which I guess I wonder go into detail too much, is there are a lot of sets. a lot of.volume. and that's fine. but if you up the rep range, you can get the same amount of.volume in fewer sets. simply less time consuming, and rep range barely matters for hypertrophy (at least in the short term).

(inb4 volume = sets)
so my criticisms summed up? :
- the frequency needn't be so high
- reps are too low
- focuses too much on the big 3

and maybe there was 1 more, I forget.

but the thing is, the things that make sheiko suboptimal for bodybuilding are what make it more optimal for powerlifting than most BBing programs. so keep that in mind.

my tip? if you want to bodybuild, do a bodybuilding program you fucking asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=StVnLwNpZKU
no matter how much you lift you will never look like this?

jeff pls go

are you really blueshoes

like father like son

sam hade, watch blueshoe's newest video

Good post, however, I think Sheiko's organization of volume could actually be beneficial, in that it's less stressful which is good for muscle building.

>tfw you'll never have daddy Klokov

THIS SUFFERING

could you elaborate?

I don't see stress as being inherently bad.

it is actually neccesary

>what did he mean by this filename?

I've spent over a month looking at pictures of dogs Every. Single. Day.
Just spent an hour looking at adoption websites.

>tfw can't get a pupper until I move out

;-; I want a little pepper friend so much

You are literally cucking your body in several ways by failing. You're impeding recovery, muscle building ability and hormonal profile.

I think the philosophy of one should never fail a lift is sound.

:D

he can't keep getting away with it
>samueil al haide.jpg

I agree with not going to failure often except for different reasons.

a good bodybuilding program doesn't have you going to failure very often if not at all.

close but not to true concentric failure. not grinding for the most part either.

Hey /plg/, I'm going to try to hit a diddly PR today after work.

Here was my last attempt at 455:
youtu.be/_EGsbTUzRTo

Any tips so I don't end up in snap city?