What is the point of diet sodas when they trigger insuline production and prevent weight loss?

What is the point of diet sodas when they trigger insuline production and prevent weight loss?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-34924036
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is that true? Cause I drink 6-7 liters of coke zero a day, I'm addicted. I otherwise have trained hard and lifted hard for years but yeah, cant seem to get below 22% BF because of my hunger. So I'm "huge" instead of "hot"

is coke zero my cut goblin??

>I drink 6-7 liters of coke zero a day

Yeah. Have been doing that for a couple years. I weigh 220lbs. My OHP is 190, bench is 300, deadlift 450 and squat 360. I really want to cut to 12% I just get so fucking hungry, man. I drink about 6-7 liters of coke zero per day. 4 minimum. Sometimes Light if I run out. I believe Zero here is ciclamate, but who the fuck knows, I travel the world and it varies from country to country.

I never thought this shit could be wrecking my cut

Try doing cardio by hand blending your food since you have no teeth

I don't get how any Veeky Forumsizens can worship this man as an idol when he's so fat

porcelain caps

ayy

coke zero tastes better than coke

coke tastes better than diet coke

these are facts

>Spending around 2500$ a year on coke zero

>Artificial sweeteners have more intense flavor than real sugar, so over time products like diet soda dull our senses to naturally sweet foods like fruit, says Brooke Alpert, RD, author of The Sugar Detox. Even more troubling, these sugar stand-ins have been shown to have the same effect on your body as sugar. "Artificial sweeteners trigger insulin, which sends your body into fat storage mode and leads to weight gain," Alpert says.

>Diet soda is calorie-free, but it won't necessarily help you lose weight. Researchers from the University of Texas found that over the course of about a decade, diet soda drinkers had a 70% greater increase in waist circumference compared with non-drinkers. And get this: participants who slurped down two or more sodas a day experienced a 500% greater increase. The way artificial sweeteners confuse the body may play a part, but another reason might be psychological, says Minnesota-based dietitian Cassie Bjork. When you know you're not consuming any liquid calories, it might be easier to justify that double cheeseburger or extra slice of pizza.

About 4 euros a day, or 1400 euros a year.

This is a meme, you're missing the forest for the trees. Calories in calories out. It is 100% that simple until you're hitting 12% bf.

If there is any reason to ditch diet soda, it is that it feeds your sugar addiction.

>Drinking that much shit
>No idea it could be harmful

Well fuck me in the ass and call me susan, I guess coke zero's out. Those first days suck ass though.... the headaches... yikes

It doesn't spike insulin.

To make money.

>author of the sugar detox
buy my book goyim!

>diet soda drinkers had a 70% increase in waist circumference over non-drinkers
what is correlation for 500?

>Artificial sweeteners trigger insulin, which sends your body into fat storage mode and leads to weight gain,

Where does he get off on this? Every single study has shown that it doesn't.

>Calories in calories out
I'll take things DYELs say for $100 Alex....

Not an argument.

bbc.com/news/health-34924036

>A fresh review by Imperial College London has argued there is "no solid evidence" that low-calorie sweeteners are any better for weight-loss than full-sugar drinks.

And they challenged the idea that such drinks are automatically healthier.

Meanwhile there is public concern about some sweeteners and groups of scientists have argued that low-calorie sweeteners may lead to weight gain and increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

>Obesity journal even suggests "pre-loading" with water half an hour before eating actually helps people lose weight.

But even staunch critic of low-calorie sweeteners, Prof Swithers, argues they may have a role as a halfway house.

"A diet beverage would be useful to have in your diet as a transition, so if you're drinking regular soda every day and find it too difficult to stop," she said.

They should help with some weight-loss, at least in the short-term. The big question is whether we'd all be better off by just adjusting to a diet that's less sweet.

>mfw everything tasty is bad for you

I despise him.

Shitlib and fucking proud of it.

He's so fucking old it doesn't even matter, when he was young he wasn't fat anyway. He reminds me of rippletits lol.

Any diabetics here to confirm?

Just have 2 glasses of juice a day or something.

Coffee or tea for the caffeine..

My brother drinks coke zero like it's water, he has a sweet tooth because of it, he never loses weight.

It's not a "free" vice, it keeps you fat.

Get the fuck out of here.

These only show correlation. The insulin spike meme has been disproved.
Most fatasses who drink diet sodas think it gives them a free pass to eat an extra two or three portions at meals which is why they don't lose weight. I cut down to 10% body fat consuming diet soda every day.

aspertame does not cause a spike in blood suger. other artificial sweeteners such as sugar alcohols or sucralose might though.

Make the juice yourself. Those shitty factory juices will just make your ferritin explode and make you age faster.

>all this talk of insulin levels

So is it bad idea to eat fruit on a cut?

NAS do NOT spike insulin, that is 100% false. Aspartame, sucralose and saccharin, otoh, have been demonstrated by at least one study to cause a shift in the population of gut bacteria to a population that more closely resembles the type fatasses normally have. The theory, as of now, is that they might make you crave more sugary shit and overeat as a result. But they have no power to cause weight gain on their own.

Type 1 here. If diet soda would cause my insulin levels to spike I would just drink that instead when my blood sugar is too high. Toy can't force your body to produce insulin when you literally cannot do it.

Ur joking right?

No? Not everyone has been training for years and has tons of knowlege.

people that believe that the body will trigger insuline because of the sweet taste of anything are dumb. your pancreas don't think
>"hmm this aspartame that has zero nutritional value and is sweet, awesome, here is some insulin!!!"

fruits has a different kind of sugar, fructose aren't bad for our body, and fruits also has a ton of micronutrients, like, a fucking lot of them

t. nyr

fruits is packed with sugar, but i guess they are better than candy becuse they have some vitamins n shit

1. Diet sodas don't trigger insulin production
2. Insulin doesn't prevent weight loss if you are in a deficit
3. You are a fucking idiot
4. Kill yourself

Because that's not true

>le all sugar binds differently may may.

Can't believe people like this give advice.

>mfw I heard this bullshit in my intro to chemistry college class

Glad I got myself out of that liberal propaganda center after two terms and landed myself a $25/h job.

ever seen a fit person drink that shit? nope.
aspartame gives u headache, cancer, diabetes and lots of other shit. do not ingest that toxic shit

and dont believe the jew cucks that promote it by false science backed by coca cola

>When you know you're not consuming any liquid calories, it might be easier to justify that double cheeseburger or extra slice of pizza.
Then the diet soda isn't the problem, is it?

Meh. Bullshit.

I drink diet coke all the time. 12% bf. 1/1.5/2.5/3.5.

>not sugar
>triggers insulin

t. Bro Science Ph.D.

This.

Zero calories is zero calories. If it "makes" you eat other stuff then you're a willpowerless cuck anyway and will get fat regardless.

That's literally all you have to do to lose weight: eat less.

>Diet soda is calorie-free, but it won't necessarily help you lose weight.
yea, no fucking shit sherlock. You still have to be below tdee to lose weight. People are literally retarded. How many times i've heard someone saying that he is eating "diet" something and he is still not losing weight. Or eating salad with 10 lbs of mayo dressing instead of carbs because "carbs make you fat"

pic