How long should I be able to hold a plank for?

How long should I be able to hold a plank for?

A whole year.

Why would there be a limit? What's even strenuous about it you dyel?

The record is 8 hours

So 30 minutes should be a good goal

Don't listen to these faggots. 5 minutes max

actually a legit answer
(except for the word "max")

if you can do it for more you should stop wasting your time doing it

>dyels believe this
socrates was ripped off bw exercises

Is that a Guinness Records """8 hours""" where you take a 5 minute break every half hour, or is it truly 8 hours straight?

i sleep in a plank

It was 8 straight. I believe it was an Asian guy who just listened to his iPod the whole time to distract himself for the time.

yep. anything less than 30 minutes is just pointless.

Couple hours. I crawl around the house doing it, shit's easy. I'm 6'4" 220 with a 10 inch cock though, so don't try it yourselves

gr8b8m8 :^)

>spending more than 30 minutes just staring at the floor
>not pointless
Nice meme.

you can progress even with bw exercises

thats what i said, pal.

You shouldn't.

You're supposed to actually flex really hard during a plank. Not just sit there and work out nothing.
If you do a plank correct you will collapse in less than a minute

Do you also not flex your pecs during bench? Or not flex your biceps when you're doing curls in front of everyone in the gym you egotistical cunt?

Ah lucky, I wish my dick was that short. I have to stay in one place, the friction between cock and carpet is too much for me to move around :/

If you can hold a plank for more than 1 min you should just start training something else thats more intense

>i wish my dick was 10 inches
sure pal, lucky you :^)

no, you said continue doing normal planks that do fuck all for you

Min 30 seconds at least. I hold mine for 3 minutes because I heard if you hold it for longer it can do more harm than good.

Jokes on you; I just want the (You). Did you see how I orchestrated that? It was so perfect. I just memed the same meme everyone here memes, but I put it out there so gently you couldn't resist.
It's like asking a slut what her sign is. It's a horrible line, of course, but she can't help but to roll her eyes and answer anyway. And that's all you need. Once she responds you both know she will be yours. The door is open.
And in that same way, you are now mine. I have you and your (You) and there is no way for you to change that. You have been dominated, used, and soon will be discarded.
But you knew this would be the case when you responded. It's the silly game we play here. We pretend we're actually conversing but it's all really just a ridiculous dance. One partner leads, the other follows, and neither has truly gained nor lost anything.
We carry on, and we know we'll do it again and again. Probably not with the same partner, but that's ok. It's the thrill of the hunt that keeps us coming back. The thrill of hunting and, if we're being honest, the thrill of the vulnerability of being hunted.
Thanks for dancing with me, user.

I hold it until I start to lose control and my lower back gets tired

Your lower back isn't supposed to be worked by planks at all though. You're supposed to flex your abs in such a way that your lower back is straightened out completely; at that point your lower back muscles are doing nothing. If you "hang" in a plank you're basically training to get hyperlordosis. Same goes for pushups. Lower back muscles are not supposed to be worked by either exercise. But of course you can do a lot more ""pushups"" and hold a ""plank"" a lot longer if you do them wrong, which is why incompetent fucks can pose as competent and teach bad form.

is an idiot, why respond?

Could be an idiot, could just be new.

That's not nice

back to plebbit with you
new to Veeky Forums is not an excuse for being new to basic fitness concepts, don't baby these people

>a core exercise is only supposed to work your abs LEL
W E W
E
W

Faggot

Underrated

Nobody said "only". Planks obviously work a bunch of muscles, not only your abs. That said, your lower back is pretty much completely relaxed if you contract your abs properly.

Do biceps curls work the triceps? No, the triceps is stretched if anything. It is not contracted during a curl. Same with lower back in planks.

you sound so smart user :^)

i will surely lift heavier things thanks to your advice

What is it lately with all these faggots passive aggressively bitching without contributing anything to a thread? If you have a disagreement here, if you have something to say then be a pitiful excuse for a man and fucking say it, or stop posting already.

Sarcasm is WEAKNESS. Passive aggressiveness is WEAKNESS. It really doesn't matter how much you lift if your spirit is a weak, little fairy.

J
okes on you; I just want the (You). Did you see how I orchestrated that? It was so perfect. I just memed the same meme everyone here memes, but I put it out there so gently you couldn't resist.
It's like asking a slut what her sign is. It's a horrible line, of course, but she can't help but to roll her eyes and answer anyway. And that's all you need. Once she responds you both know she will be yours. The door is open.
And in that same way, you are now mine. I have you and your (You) and there is no way for you to change that. You have been dominated, used, and soon will be discarded.
But you knew this would be the case when you responded. It's the silly game we play here. We pretend we're actually conversing but it's all really just a ridiculous dance. One partner leads, the other follows, and neither has truly gained nor lost anything.
We carry on, and we know we'll do it again and again. Probably not with the same partner, but that's ok. It's the thrill of the hunt that keeps us coming back. The thrill of hunting and, if we're being honest, the thrill of the vulnerability of being hunted.
Thanks for dancing with me, user.

is this old?
haven't seen it before
funny nonetheless

nope i wrote it at 4am this morning. you can question it all you want. it originated on a fit thread about arm wrestling. check it out yourself.

Flexing my core is what I do. I find that when i get near the 1 minute mark i start to lose control and my lower back suddenly tries to deal with it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Last time I actually attempted a max time plank it was for a class and it was just over 90 seconds.
Usually my shoulders give out before anything else desu.

When I train with planks/have others train planks I do it in burst of 10-20 seconds and do a set of 5-6 of those.

Nothin' personnel kiddo

>personnel
either an outdated meme or you're an absolute fucking retard

You're not doing anything wrong! Just stop as soon as you can't hold proper form anymore. So when any load goes to your back, stop and rest.

Veeky Forums for only the freshest pasta

>nothing personnel
>outdated meme

You need to go back to r3ddit, right after you kys.

>i'll claim rebbit, that will make me look good
try harder fag. no one here is dumb enough to believe you're not a redddit shill

the rest of your life

90 seconds with proper form (whole body in a straight line, WHILE squeezing your buttcheeks together the whole time)

Even if you can hold it for a longer time - just use that extra time to do hollow hold, arch hold, etc.

>implying personnel isn't 2eddit tier b8
holy fuck you could try at least a little harder than this

Not a thing. You stick out like a sore thumb. Go back.

>when i was in high school i knew this gymnast chick who held a plank for over an hour for this fundraiser. miss her :(

We all miss her ;_;

I like to put a 10 or 25lb plate on my back when I plank. Is that dumb?

> .webm to get y'all's attention

So when models and pageant cotestants and the like hold planks for like five minutes at a competition they are acturally harming their back and shoulders, even if they are able to "hold it" without falling that long?