I'm sick of getting sick. How do I get healthy Veeky Forums? I want a strong immune system and a healthy and happy mind

I'm sick of getting sick. How do I get healthy Veeky Forums? I want a strong immune system and a healthy and happy mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't smoke.
Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
Exercise regularly.
Maintain a healthy weight.
Control your blood pressure.
If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
Get adequate sleep.
Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group and risk category.

-Harvard Medical School
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/how-to-boost-your-immune-system

That article is pretty good at navigating all the pseudoscience on the subject

Also to add to this, only fap once a month

I used to get sick all the fucking time. What helped me was eating a healthy diet, avoiding stress - that gets me sick quicker than anything, alcohol and caffeine consumption for me has to be near zero. I always wake up the net day, even if it's just one glass of wine, feeling wheezy and like I'm getting a cold. Alcohol saps my immunity. Get 7 hours of sleep, drink water throughout your day, and take a daily vitamin C supplement or multivitamin.

most important for an intact immune system is the absence of stress. not just busy work schedule, obviously.

other than that, a good sleep. most people sleep like shit, even though they dont know it. try to be bored for 30min a day, go for a run without music, or do some light house work. in that time your brain can process all stimuli and order it. if you cant fall asleep because you think about so much shit, thats because you have input 24/7. music, browsing, tv in the background etc. try to minimise that and you will be much healthier
and then the usual, good food, daily exercise, stretching and flexibility work, sauna etc

get good sleep, eat a tub of spinach every day.

kek

To add to this even more: if you're eating all those fruits and veggies, you don't need a multi vitamin. Start reading about anti oxidants and oxidants. Vitamins A,C, and E in excess can cause less activity with your immune system because of an abundance of free radicals and a greater proclivity towards cancer.

My diet isn't horrible at its core but it's not very consistent either. Some days I eat very healthy and others I eat like total shit. I definitely need more discipline when it comes to what I eat.

any other factors that might contribute to your immune system being shitty?

Too much alcohol and not enough exercise. Also stress probably plays a bigger role than I realise.

Stress is THE worst thing ever. Its effects cannot be overstated. It dominates all aspects of your life: your sleep, your memory, your sexuality, your immune system. Your entire development is dependent on how much and what kinds of stress you are exposed to as a child and teenager

How do you control stress though? A lot of the shit that stresses me out isn't even stuff I'm consciously aware of, it just sort of creeps up on me.

Are you talking about things out of your control like death of parents, siblings, children? That is up to the individual's capacity to cope with loss. Some people can cope very well and mitigate stress enormously, while others cannot and endure endless suffering. That causes stress that wreaks havoc on your mental and physical well-being
Or what kind exactly, everyday stress like work, financial problems?

Check out Why Zebras dont get Ulcers, the pdf is on google.

More everyday stress sort of stuff

get good sleep, have kidney stones up the ass

FTFY

I'm so glad I can mitigate stress easily. I can't imagine being upset about something that happened in the past.

How do you guys not just realize that it happened and there's nothing you can do about it so why bother?

Cold showers every day no exceptions

I get what you mean, I used to get stressed over any insignificant shit that didn't go my way. You just need to change your mindset and accept that shit happens, if you feel yourself getting bothered over something just try to take a deep breath and remember that whatever it is probably isnt worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things. Also if you have driends or family members who are stressed out you need to avoid or help them because that shit will have an effect on you whether you like it or not

>Stress is the number one issue with stress.

After you have everything else taken care of.

You need meditation, or have work outs as a stress reliever.

I know I am mentally and physically breaking down partially from stress. I have really noisy neighbors and my sleep is shit. I have complained on them three times but they never care, they are probably drug dealing. I am at a do or die point on student loans where I am almost at default, if I can get a job I'll probably still have no money but that'd help. I am always worried the government will pull my card and come after me hardcore for really never paying since graduation and I keep begging them in calls to put me back on IBR and they always have but its becoming humiliating. I feel like I know I need to exercise but know I can never make any friends or meet girls in my state and I am already on low sleep so I just don't care about anything except reading on Veeky Forums, applying for jobs and vidya..

Results: nausea, developed allergy to caffeine and especially coffee, can't read books get too fidgity (went to college for English lol), sometimes black out, sometimes have dizzy spells and fatigue.

I guess I just felt like sharing my story about what stress can do, don't get into any debts and definitely don't get a college degree with no job market because you love it.

Diet fixes like 90% of problems

This

I never had much of a problem with stress; I developed the mindset that everything will be alright no matter what. Sometimes it's a little unhealthy though, last year I almost lost my scholarship and I got to the point where I just said that if I do, fuck it, I'll be ok. I didn't lose it though and I'm glad I didn't lose any sleep over it. I guess you could say I'm apathetic. But I'm a very happy guy overall thanks to it.

tl:dr never give a shit about anything