Haplogroups and Ethnicity

In terms of European populations, can you even say a people are clearly defined by their ethnicity any more? An Englishman, Dutchman, and German are nearly identical based on genetic components, but are obviously have different cultures because of history and language. Germans and Austrians likewise are genetically similar, but aren't seen as different cultures because they share a language.

Can we even say groups as different as Slavs and Germans are even ethnically different any more? Some difference in dominant haplogroup (already shared by all Europeans) doesn't seem to be enough to really separate them, that is assuming the genetics is even accurate.

tl;dr is it really just language and culture separating Europeans at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord_(archaeology)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin#Etymology
eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/10/tollense-valley-bronze-age-warriors.html
nature.com/ejhg/journal/v21/n4/abs/ejhg2012190a.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you can't see a difference between, for example, an Aryan Nordic man and an ugly, brown, small M*diterranean creature then i have no hope for you, muttie.

Language and culture is what makes up an ethnicity, user.

Ethnicity is not merely biological

Haplogroups only reflect Paternal ancestry. The bulk of any European's ancestors will have been the female members already dwelling in various regions when Indo European Chads came in and cucked everyone. Remember, you have twice as many female as male ancestors.

>tl;dr is it really just language and culture separating Europeans at this point?

That's pretty much always been the case.

And the biological differences, I'm asking if they're even there any more

You seem to under the impression that you're posting on /pol/.

people like you who reply to them are the reason they keep posting here

test

Speaking of haploczechems.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord_(archaeology)
>Berlin lies in northeastern Germany, east of the river Elbe and its tributary (Saxon/Thuringian) Saale, which once constituted the eastern border of the Frankish Realm. While the Frankish Realm was primarily inhabited by Germanic tribes like the Franks and the Saxons, the regions east of the border rivers were inhabited by Slavic tribes. This is why most of the cities and villages in northeastern Germany have Slavic-derived names (Germania Slavica). Typical German place name endings of Slavic origin are -ow, -itz, -itzsch and -in. The name Berlin has its roots in the language of West Slavic inhabitants of the area of today's Berlin, and may be related to the Old Polabian stem berl-/birl- ("swamp").[26] There are many boroughs of Slavic origin in the city: Berlin-Karow, Berlin-Malchow, Berlin-Pankow, Berlin-Spandau (earlier: Spandow), Berlin-Gatow, Berlin-Kladow, Berlin-Steglitz, Berlin-Lankwitz, Berlin-Britz, Berlin-Buckow, Berlin-Rudow, Berlin-Alt-Treptow, Berlin-Schmöckwitz, Berlin-Marzahn, Berlin-Buch, and Berlin-Köpenick. Since the Ber- at the beginning sounds like the German word Bär (bear), a bear appears in the coat of arms of the city. It is therefore a canting arm.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin#Etymology

>Reconstructed West Slavic fortified settlement (gord) in Groß Raden, Germany

There are no language, cultural, nor generic differences that are significant in Europe.

Language: English (Lingua Franca).
Culture: European union-ish
Borders: lol, schengen zone

Its so fucking amusing how there is so much hubub about migrants, when the euros went out of their own way to become Americanized/pan-europinized. As if migrants can kill European cultures that's already dead since the 1950s.

Would those be indo european people?

>Germans and Austrians likewise are genetically similar
No

So Germans have more red and Austrians have more yellow. So that means that Germans look a bit more like Injuns, and Austrians look a bit more like Chinese?

It means that Austrians are Celto-Slavs larping as Nordics, while Germans are Celto-Nordics larping as pure Nordics.

>Englishmen
>looking the same as a German or Dutchman
Though their genetic makeup is mostly Northern European, they still have Southern European DNA from other invaders. It's why there are plenty of Englishmen in history and today that have dark hair and dark eyes yet still have a family lineage that goes back centuries in England.
Which brings me to another point: Not all countrymen look alike. Take for example Northern Italians and Southern Italians. Light hair and light eyes can be seen in Northern Italy's population while the South of Italy has a population of people who look like literal Arabs. Same with Ukraine, where you can find blondes in the West and Tatars in the South. Or a blonde haired, blue eyed population in the North of Germany while havin many with light/dark eyes and dark hair in the South of Germany.
So I don't know why you would compare the three nationalities as if they were the same. They share similar DNA, but that doesn't mean they don't have their own unique features. There's actually a good chunk of Dutchmen that have curly hair, something unusual or Europeans in the North.

Gee I wonder if austria was part of some giant multi-cultural empire for hundreds of years which may sway their data towards slavs who may have also inhabited this empire

Unless.....no....you don't think.....not every person in a country has the exact same genetic makeup this jpeg says they do??

And you seem to be under the impression that Veeky Forums is anything but /pol/ light.

Wasn't much of germany/austria today populated by Celts in ancient times, before Germanics migrated?

>slavs who may have also inhabited this empire
And who changed the genetic structure of Austria which results with the current situation that Austrians actually are genetically different from Germans by a significant amount.

I can agree with you that the race is more important than language, but who gives a fuck about haplomemes.

My mom is Austrian but I guess since they are technically "Celtic" I only showed up being 5% Germanic. I was 11% British and 14% Irish and the rest being Italian

>An Englishman, Dutchman, and German
Walk into a bar.

Tollense warriors were racially Nordics of Germanic and generic-Corded (but not Slavic) heritage.

>Tollense warriors were racially Nordics of Germanic and generic-Corded (but not Slavic) heritage
Shut the fuck up Silesian subhuman. They were exactly like modern Polacks.

>Slavs and Germans
West Slavs always somewhat cluster with Germany and Austria on autosomal maps. South and East Slavs less so.

europeans are the most closely related landmass on the world.

>They were exactly like modern Polacks.
Nope, they had Nordic skulls, not TÜRAN

>hurrrr i'm a retard mum XDD

eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/10/tollense-valley-bronze-age-warriors.html

>very close relatives of modern-day Slavs
And by "very close" they just mean generic Cordeds.

Also I'm waiting for you to post 5 Tollense skulls which would be of the same TÜRAN type as modern polacks have :) This should be easy if they were "exactly like modern Polacks".

The dominant red component can be considered as a Celtic component, that is why i said that they are "Celto-X larping as Y".

Wait, how does Romania have so much J? Is that from the Romans?

>melanesians closer to east asians than Africans

this kills the black nationalist

cmonBruh

Your "turan" means nothing. They were close to modern Polacks, just like sungir man. Deal with it or get the fuck out to Germany to pick up some cucumbers for your german overlords.

Boy /pol/ has been coming in waves today. You must be bleeding out more then I thought

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as slavs, are in fact, ruthenians/eastern germanic descendants of kievan rus, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, east nordids.

Slavs are not a race unto itself, but rather another component of the ethnogenesis of the scandinavian norse germanic people from the migration of the peoples and onward, made historically relevant by the kievan rus settlements in Gardariki by the norsemen who traveled down the Volga and founded both Russia and Ukraine before being christianized by the byzantine empire.

Many eastern germanics speak the artifical glagolithic church language invented by the greek monk Cyrill, which is where the term cyrillics stems from. Before that, they spoke old norse and revered pagan germanic gods.

All the so-called "slavs" are really descendants of eastern germanics. There is objectively no argument to be made against this historical fact.

Thanks for reading, and please refer to them as "eastern germanics" next time you make a "slav" post.

Stale pasta.

I was hungr for pasta

Your image is missing hundreds of ethnicities

Unless you live like a tribalist or are ethnically homogeneous you will find was other than your ethnicity to define yourself such as language, goals or shared history

>Your "turan" means nothing
"Nothing"? If you met a real Tollense warrior, he would have beheaded you for being a weird roundish troll with roundish skull...

>using haplomemes to determine ethnicity
kys

Haplomemes only show paternal lineages and are not accurate in determining genetic composition. In order to determine genetic composition you need to do Principle Component Analysis/analyse autosomal DNA. See pic related.

North African and Yemeni populations were not accurately plotted on this one though because it was not modelled to account for significant Sub-Saharan ancestry (10-25% in the case of these populations)

Wrong, Germanics have their own subclade of R1b.

So what meaningful information does this graph tell us?

>(10-25% in the case of these populations)
4-5%*

Just shut the fuck up already you single digit IQ fucktard. You're a brainlet when it comes to genetics and no one wants to hear your yapping. Yap yap like a fucking cunt.

Chuvash despite being Turkic have no connection to other Turkic ethnicities in Europe.

Russians are almost equally Slavic and Finnic.

Genetic distance between Finns exists from West to East, maybe due to Swedish and Russian colonization respectively.

Balts mostly form their own group but are related to Finns.

Scandinavians are not very homogenous, particularly Swedes who tend to cluster with SW Finns.

West Germanics (Brits, Dutch, Germans) + Celts, Danish and Belgians are very closely related.

The French bridge the gap between the Germanic Central European and the Iberian cluster, which makes perfect sense considering geography.

Hungarians have their loose cluster with Slavic and Germanic influences.

Romanians are indistinguishable from Bulgarians, probably reflects their shared history.

Iberians have a strong cluster like CE Germanics. Basques however are more distant and they cluster together regardless if they're French or Spanish basques.

Sardinians like Chuvash are isolates.

Despite what /pol/ tells you North Italians are pretty similar to Spaniards.

There's quite a bit of genetic distance between North and South Italians, with Tuscans bridging the gap.

Greeks are by far the most spread out ethnicity.

Jews, especially Ashkenazi are indistinguishable from South Italians. Morrocan Jews may lean towards North Africans.

Despite centuries of colonization by Romans and Arab North Africans are their own distinct
yet loose cluster.

Cypriots are more Middle Eastern than Greeks.

Levantines have their own tight cluster.

Arabs have their own loose cluster, and Bedouins seem to have little genetic homogenity.

Iraqi, Iranian and Yemeni Jews are indistinguishable from their geographical neighbors.

Turks are more Armenians and Caucasian than Greeks.

South and North Caucasian groups seem to form separate clusters.

>being this butthurt because of your TÜRAN heritage
Why won't you just end we-wuzzing and embrace your mongol pride? Seriously, your tries to act like you were a dolichocephalic Tollense warrior "exactly the same" descendant is pathetic. Learn throat singing and just proudly claim your yellow race.

Your pic shows that europeans aren't genetically the same though. If anything being european is a religious and geographic construct.

>being european is a religious construct

It is though, without christianity there wouldn't be an european identity.
For example why is greece seen as european when turkey isn't when they are culturally and genetically almost the same.

>without christianity there wouldn't be an european identity
But you do realize that the concept of Europe was invented several centuries before Christianity?

Also according to your logic Bosnians and Albanians are not European... lol.

You mean by the greeks who saw everyone but themselves as barbarians only fit for enslavement?

Greeks and Turks are not "genetically almost the same" according to this I don't know about culture though.

>greeks who saw everyone but themselves as barbarians only fit for enslavement

?

You are LARPing as a long-skulled tall Tollense warrior while being a short-skulled manlet... pathetic.

Not all of them are muslim though besides the meaning of europe has been changing but originally it was a concept for western the christian world.

Do you have any proof or arguments or are you going to continue being retarded?

>originally it was a concept for western the christian world.
Nope. It was a concept for Greco-Roman dominated world. Ending on Bosphorus and Don river. You have no clue.
So I guess that according to you Sarmatia Europea differed from Sarmatia Asiatica because it was Christian? Hint: It was not.

I don't know what you're talking about. At least half of Tollense warriors fit Poles perfectly. That's pretty much a fact.

I can't even read it desu.
Maybe if someone posted a version which wasn't for ants we could use it in the discussion.

>At least half of Tollense warriors fit Poles perfectly
None of them would look like an average polack.

Just open it in a new tab, you can zoom in.

Are you on period?

Do you have a mongolized skull? If yes, then you could not pass as a Tollense warrior. You are a mongrel. Stop wewuzzing as such, it's pathetic.

If your father matched with you genetically but you didn't look like him at all, instead was similiar to your neighbour, does that mean your genetic father isn't your father?

There is no mongol admixture in Poland and Tollense warriors cluster with Poles. Deal with it.

>At least half of Tollense warriors fit Poles perfectly. That's pretty much a fact.

Retard. Most of them don't fit into any modern populations because all of those samples have elevated HG ancestry. Those that do don't cluster near Poles.

The closest to Poles would be WEZ56 sample, but even then he falls closer to Balts.

>If your father matched with you genetically but you didn't look like him at all, instead was similiar to your neighbour, does that mean your genetic father isn't your father?
It means that my mother is of a different racial type...

In case of poolacks: of inferior racial type.

So you might have had Nordic patrilineal ancestors, but it doesn't change the fact that you are brachycephalic mutts.
There is. Just measure your skull lenght and width and you will notice that you are yourself a member of the TÜRAN racial type :)

Wrong. You're only using sample that fits your kang ideology. Finnic sperg. Don't reply to me, because you're clueless and I have no intention to school a retard like you.

Why don't you post this graph for a change?

Why don't you post an actual study?

nature.com/ejhg/journal/v21/n4/abs/ejhg2012190a.html

How did they choose their sample? Did they try to find Germans whose ancestors were deported from modern day Poland after WWII?

Are you implying that in medieval times christians saw pagan europeans as fellow european or whatever?

>medieval times christians saw pagan europeans as fellow european or whatever?
Pretty much yes. They were christianizing Europe, not "whatever-this-continent-would-be-called".

>Wrong. You're only using sample that fits your kang ideology. Finnic sperg

>Sample

I've posted a PCA by Hoffmanova and Kreutz.
From the the study itself on which WEZ samples are projected and you're posting PCA made up by a Polish blogger Davidski.

I know you're that Polish faggot from Sweden, but cmon to get ridiculous and for the record I'm not Finnic or Finnish whatever you're saying.

That's not what I asked.
Did the christian continental germans see the pagan danes and norwegians as their fellows?

Point stands. Finntard or not.

It says the same as the image I posted previously, namely that the studied populations in Eastern Germany are closer to Western Germans than to West Slavs. Many Polish online warriors are for some reason very keen on asserting that East Germans = Germanized Slavs, which is not very true, in spite of a significant Slavic contribution.

?

The Polish samples are just Poles who live in these cities.

It doesn't, you've made no arguments at all. Only
>My PCA made by amatuer blogger is better than yours made by legit geneticists

This 'amateur' blogger knows more than 'pro' likes of Germanic heritage, they always had agenda, have their agenda now and will have their agenda in the future.

Talking about the East Germans.

Ah yes Hoffmanova a Czech geneticist that rabid pan-Germanist.

Got it.

Those cities are in what is now Eastern Germany, which was settled by Slavs in the Early Middle Ages.

Yeah and Poles just like everyone else don't have their agenda, rofl. You're the last one to talk about that shit here, you shit up every board spamming Poland stronk pictures by the mere mention of Poland.

Poles are a sort of muttish breed between Germans and Ukrainians and for some reason they hate both their parent populations