I don't get it. What's the difference between healthy and unhealthy food?

I don't get it. What's the difference between healthy and unhealthy food?

Food = carbs+fats+proteins

The protein molecules are the same in chicken versus junk food. (Just different quantities)

The fat molecules are the same in chicken versus junk food. (Just different quantities)

Are carbs the difference maybe? There's simple carbs and complex carbs. Like simple sugars get immediately converted to sugar and enter the bloodstream. And apparently this is measured by "glycemic index."

So fruit and like cake should be super different by GI right?

But this: health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods
Says the GI for "Chocolate cake w/chocolate frosting" is 38
While the GI for "apples is 39, grapes is 43, banana is 51, mangoes is 51" etc.

What gives?

What the fuck is "healthy"?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/types-of-fat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the idea that food can be healthy or unhealthy is actually literally THE most stupid meme in the whole fitness and health world. just forget about it

>The fat molecules are the same in chicken versus junk food. (Just different quantities)
no they're not
take your quads and fuck off with your shit b8

>writing all this out for a 2/10 b8

People realy try hard these days

>macros are just energy in energy out and you don't have an extremely complex digestive system that is unique genetically and differs on how your immune system and bacterial flora react to foreign substances

read a book nigger

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/types-of-fat/

t. blaha

(you look like him too)

People really believe this shit, youtube fitness celebs actually advocate IIFYM.

I'm trying to decide how to change my diet, but I genuinely can't figure out what's actually beneficial.

They are basically. Saturation can affect on the fat gets deposited in your blood vessels, but it's not really relevant for fat breakdown/digestion/utilization.

>They are basically. Saturation can affect how* the fat gets deposited in your blood vessels, but it's not really relevant for fat breakdown/digestion/utilization.

What the fuck should I eat, you fuckers.

whatever the fuck satisfies your body's requirements for macro and micronutrients, and doesn't contain literal poison
everything else is optional

>meme gulping idiots hate this opinion

I don't even know what the macro requirements are.

I mean protein quantity, sure. But fats versus carbs? Not really.

>The protein molecules are the same in chicken versus junk food
No, they're not.
They're different proteins, made out of different amounts of aminoacids, with different secondary and tertiary structures.
>The fat molecules are the same in chicken versus junk food. (Just different quantities)
No, they're not. Fatty acids are a whole science of itself.
All fatty acids have individual effects on animal bodies, hence it's hard as fuck to do reasearch, since you can't actually have a control group or placebo

>Are carbs the difference maybe?
No, the carbs are actually the same. It's just glucose, fructose and galactose, combined in chains.

>No, they're not.
>They're different proteins, made out of different amounts of aminoacids,

The only significant difference is plants vs animal origin. Plenty of junkfood uses animal origin (burgers, pizza, etc). Yeah, if you somehow try to get all your protein from potatoes, you're going to have a bad time. But it's basically impossible anyway as most plants have so little protein content anyway.

>with different secondary and tertiary structures.

You have no idea what that means if you think that's at all relevant.

>No, they're not. Fatty acids are a whole science of itself.

There's a(n) (controversial) argument for how fatty acid saturation can affect heart health by fat deposits in your blood vessels.

But it's not really relevant for fat catabolism/utilization.
Another C-C bond versus a C-H bond doesn't really matter in terms of degradation/utilization/energy.

>No, the carbs are actually the same. It's just glucose, fructose and galactose, combined in chains.

No, the length and linkages of the chain affects how fast it can be degraded. A long chain requires a lot more work to break down compared to mono/di sugars which can rapidly be converted to glucose.

Try to get in 60-80% of your total daily intake from brofoods. Then for the remaining stuff eat whathever you want. Just don't go overboard with it.

>What the fuck is "healthy"?
Healthy is not the word you're looking for; healthy food is food that is in good health. The word you're looking for is "healthful." That is, food conducive to good health of the being consuming it.

>So fruit and like cake should be super different by GI right?
The worth of a foodstuff is not determined exclusively by GI. Vitamins, fiber content, minerals, etc. are also relevant factors. Moreover, the macronutrient content of a slice of cake is not equivalent to that of an apple; one contains saturated fat and is extremely dense in calories; the other is low in calories and high in fiber and antioxidants. Antioxidants inhibit cancer cell proliferation, decrease lipid oxidation, and lower cholesterol, hence the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." Chocolate cake has the inverse effect.

you're right OP.

that's why phil heath, arnold, kai greene, ronnie coleman, etc all ate protein powder for their protein macros and filled the rest of their calories with poptarts, cheesecakes, cheetos and fried bread.

calorie is a calorie of course!

You have two choices.

1) you put shit gas in your vehicle.
2) you put quality, refined gas in your vehicle.

Which one do you think will make the engine better in the long term?

nice quadserions my friendo

BUT the protein molecules are actually not exactly the same, they slightly differ. Same goes the fat molecules as well.
The human body can process different kinds of fats, carbs and proteins. There is not only one protein and one fat. As there are different kinds of carbs as well

Do you genuinely not know what healthy food is? Or are you just trying to figure out what constitutes healthy and unhealthy?

>brofoods

Kill yourself.

>clean meme foods = good fuel
>regular food or even junk food = bad fuel
this is where you're simply wrong. your body breaks food down and uses what's left. it doesn't recognize a burger or a chicken breast

Using your current theory please explain chronic diseases such as diabetes and atherosclerosis.

I'll wait.

people combine unhealthy DIETS with unhealthy life styles

Explain what an unhealthy diet is, and then explain how an unhealthy diet is separate from a 'lifestyle'.

While you're at it you may as well give your definition of the word "lifestyle" as by all modern definitions diet is a part of your lifestyle.

You're stupid.

because the body absorbs animal nutrients in a different way than plant nutriens for example.
also micronutrients

t. cognitive dissonance.

This man understands.
the word healthy has the same problem that "toxic" does.
We use it in a true or false kind of way, when both are heavily, maybe even entirely based on the amount of whatever we take in.
you can kill yourself with salt, so its toxic.
Healthy means even fucking less, since we eat many different things in different quantities and its impossible to measure how "healthy" a person is. Cause the word doesnt actually mean anything if you dont use it in a medical context.
Are you currently dead or sick? no? then youre healthy. i dont give a fuck if youre 300lbs and entirely living off eating salt.

Hey, you can try answer this too. :)

yeah man, surely my grandmas chicken is as healthy as some deep fried clogged of steroids and with a living space of a finger chicken.

WRONG.
JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT NOT ALL FOODS ARE EQUAL.
YES, THERE MAY BE 'SIMILAR PROTEINS' IN MCDONALDS AND A CHICKEN BREAST, BUT THE FAT/SALT/SUGAR CONTENT DEVALUES IT LOADS.

WHY CAN'T YOU FAT FUCKS GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD THAT YOU NEED TO D I E T AND THEN STICK TO IT? IF IT WAS EASY EVERYONE WOULD LOOK LIKE PICRELATED.
NOW FUCK OFF THIS BOARD

>this man just explained to me that healthy is wrongly used in a true/false kind of way
>i know, ill use healthy in a true false kind of way, that will surely show him

Wtf is a 'true/false kind of way".

Cunt learn to command language so you can explain yourself coherently.

>Wtf is a 'true/false kind of way"
i.e., "healthy" is not a black & white tem dipshit.

The term is 'binary' you absolute mongoloid.

It essentially comes down to sugar and fiber. "Unhealthy" foods tend to have a ton of sugar and low fiber. "Healthy" foods tend to have low sugar and high fiber.

Because of marketing of diets and "superfoods" healthy basically means nothing. However, avoiding sugar (even limiting fruit) and seeking out fiber is a good way to try and have a legit "healthy" diet.

This thread is a good example of why a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

enjoy your heart attack at 35 you ignorant piece of shit

How do you fucking morons completely forget about antioxidants, micro nutrients, phytochemicals vs preservatives, carcinogens ext...

good luck with your chronic disease goals of 2017 you retarded fucks

literally all memes except 'micronutrients' which are hilariously easy to manage

>antioxidants are a meme

good luck with you cancer goals of 2017 user you have it coming it heart disease doesn't take you first

Vegan detected.

ok phil heath, see you at the olympias with your mcdoubles and poptarts + whey protein diet.

this is gonna blow your mind.

The macronutrients known as "Protein, Carbs, and Fats" are actually categories of a larger subset of nutrients. For example there are Saturated Fats and Trans-Unsaturated Fats which have different physiological effects on the body. There are Monosaccharides and Polysaccharides which have different physiological effects on the body.

In case I have to spell this out for you, you could hit all your macros with 2 protein shakes, a couple spoonfuls of rendered animal fat, and a few spoonfuls of sugar. But this would be unhealthy to do every day.

People are consuming more calories than in previous generations while leading more sedentary lifestyles

and neither does your car recognize whether it uses cheap shit gas or high quality gas, the former will fuck it over in the long run though, you're literally supporting his argument

Too obvious

Get out, Richard.

>unhealthy diet
high carbs, fat, lots of sugar
>unhealthy lifestyle
sedentary aka watching tv for 8+ hours a day after working in a chair for 8 hours, then going to sleep and doing it again the next day for years.

>talking about a Mr. Olympia winner like he isn't succeeding over you

WHEWLAD

Caps lock is cruse control for cool user

also
>PICRELATED
>no pic
fuck you

You realize that was sarcasm you retarded shit natty dyel 25% bodyfat pajeet?

only people like you follow iifym.

FPBP. Healthy is a marketing term, The complete social construct. Food is food.

Food is more than just fat, carbs & protein. This is just simplified so normies understand the basic concept.

There also micro nutrients, vitamins complex carbs, unsaturated fats and protein quality.

If you think eating 100g of refined sugar has the same effect like 4 apples you should literally kill yourself.

Processed food and fast food is shit is because it lacks micro nutrients.

Op's diet :

100g of refined white sugar
100g of butter
100g of chocolate
200g of soy whey

And later he comes here and complains that he isn't growing

pic related meaning OP's fucking picture, cretin

Your argument is so fucking stupid, sure sugar might not have the micros or fiber an apple will, but you can make up for that in other parts of your diet, you only need so much of every micro and it's fairly easy to get all of what you need and still have tons of calories left over.

Order of most importance is cals > macro ratios >>> micros > everything else, half the idiots here worry about the "everything else" or micros when they aren't even on point with the two most important parts.