HOW

is this thing just moving up, anyone tracking it?

Theres been no news besides being on the Ledger wallet, its basically a litecoin so what gives?

It's about to half and everyone knows it's insanely undervalued, it's just as good if not better than LTC and it has less coins in circulation, you do the math... my moon boots are strapped and I'm enjoying the ride.

>basically a litecoin
>litecoin had the same moon mission, $4 to $30 in a couple hours
>sold my 15k ark at 48 and joined the shitlogocoin at 28, worth it
>still despise vertcoin

my only regret is not dumping more money into VTC.
at least I'm mining the hell out of it now

I hold only 50 coins but am also mining it. What do you mean half? Will we expect a dip? I want to bag up.

lel, you're mining it and don't even know about the halfing??? Every 4 years the mining reward per block gets cut in half... the next time that happens will be this december, lower supply and equal or greater demand means price goes up.

Some insane pump going on right now

No I know about that, I thought you meant about a dip coming soon.

Im really hoping it takes a dip to half of current price atleast.

block rewards cut in half in december. 50 to 25 VTC per block. Happens every 4 years and this is the first one.

I only bought 50 VTC and wish I bought more when it was under 1.50$

Think it'll dip back under 2$? I'm scared of buying this high but it keeps fucking rising. Correction soon so I can buy more up I hope

People realise it's better than LTC, realise it's only $3, realise the halving is fast approaching and realise if they don't buy now they'll miss the train.

$10 by 2018.

doubt it will go down much, it's breaking through every fucking resistance like it's nothing. Shits already went from $2.95 to over $3.30 in just the last few minutes

True, but I dont want to FOMO myself into buying at ATH then it corrects.

Hmmm

I sold back at 80c and it has never dipped below that after, and I FOMO'd back in at $2.50, I don't think its ever going back down

what is a halving?

Remember theres many other altcoins out there, not only vertcoin. You'll get burned often with that risky mindset. Though its up to you to fomo into it

The community is almost religious with respect to VTC, they care very little about the price. All the development is crowd funded and the devs respond to nearly every single reddit comment immediately. I'm not heavily invested but it is an excellent medium-long hold, with the added bonus of almost guaranteed moon before the halving.

That's what I was thinking when it went up to $2.50 today... but then I said fuck it, and now it's up almost a dollar higher already. Besides I long term all the VTC I buy, this is one coin that will absolutely 10x if not waaay more

Thats true. I just really like vertcoin. Difficult since I already want to add to my bag of 50 coins.

I hold 7 NEO and feel I wouldnt feel lost without it right now if I top up my bag.

Vertcoin community knows it's value ; they are smart and are well trained in hodling . I don't expect any significant sell off until $10. $30 by EOY .

the mining reward is cut in half after a certain block, meaning the supply will grow much more slowly

putting everything i have in crypto into Vert and holding till it hits $10, and maybe even after.

I feel like doing the same, it seems safe so far.

this thing is just going to fucking moon for the next month.

better blockchain tech than bitcoin. ASIC resistant.

People have been saying that whales will still buy in, think thats bad?

I never put all my eggs into one basket, but hey this is a pretty comfy basket so your eggs should be in good hands.

Bent that $3 like a tiny Asian bitch.

Could this coin honestly take on litecoin though? charlie lee wouldnt have a bar of it since the teams seem tight.

If someone ever makes an anime girl for VTC it will moon so hard... XRP is still my fav

I think it could get pretty close. LTC doesn't have ASIC resistance so they aren't competing for the same mining pools

Everyone seems to be saying ASIC resistance is a good thing, why is that? I mean if giant mining pools wanted to compete for it they still could mine a shitload of it off of already existing gpu mines they possibly own. Cant remember the company but theres a huge cloud mining opperation in Iceland that still uses gpus..

I made this one for now...

the developers are also ready to change the algorithm if need be to deter large mining operations.

Wow, I always envy people who are that good with photoshop... nice

Ahh right. Well that seems like a good thing.

Is it just me or does litecoin just feel.. boring?

I run a photography business own the side so I've been using photoshop for years, this is just silly stuff

i like LTC, it was what I was using to transfer between exchanges before ethereum. They're basically around the same price. I think it will probably grow slowly, it's a great hedge to have in your portfolio if you value some stability.

Although VTC is likely to add stability and is also in a much better position to gain.

saved that picture, if vtc is the next moon coin you'll see it a lot here

Just FOMO'd at $2.80. Gonna bust a nut all over them anime titties if this thing hits $10

Well have these then...

OP is with you, sold my last position in BTC to get a further 40 more vtc. lets see where this takes us.

looks like it finished it's mini correction and is charging up again

I think it's almost gdt it hit's 5-10 until end of year, I think I'm gonna put my alts 50/50 into vert and Ark right before the fork

excited, thinking of liquidating my 7 neo that i hold to top off my bag then hold for a while.

never been a huge fan of ARK, Keeping my eye on Syscoin and Aeon though, supposed to be some upgrades in the works that might push up the prices, I even invested in Bytecoin about a month ago, it's a total shitcoin but the devs are finally releasing new stuff for it and it's gone up about 30% since I bought in

I fucking hope so.

I'm heavily in WTC, NEO, and now VTC.

wtc will boom soon, china fomo coming in, just be patient

Once I was travelling one month in mongolia without internet at all, kinda thinking about that again so I don't hit F5 every 2 min since months like a retard and just hold my positions for a while lol

Have been eyeing VTC for weeks now, finally pulled the trigger at 49k sats. Now for it to plummet to 40k like the rest of my coins

that 106,986 coin buy wall at 46580 says otherwise

cant be as bad as me buying 400 kyber at ATH only to be bag-holding right now as we speak.

top kek, this aint no safex shit coin, this is vertical shit coin, the up kind my dude

I've been in WTC since $0.82 and $1.98. Been DCA'ing in every week. I won't be a millionaire but I can at least be comfy and retire 5 years earlier.

You mean we're actually gonna make it?

thats how I sort of feel buying VTC now..

man, I thought the correction was over..

Bought in at $1.40, hoping to buy a lot more once it dips with money flowing back into BTC here after this dip..

I dont want it to dip more than this

I don't give a shit I only got to spend $16 when I wanted to spend 2.5k on it, I need the gains more than you anyway faggot

Rude

trips and this coins dips to 1.8 by sunday night

do you have money problems? lol poor kid

listen bud, daddy really needs this dip so pls sell high right now and just buy back in when it's cheaper since pappa bitcoins is gonna crash this whole ship tonight

none of us would be here if we didn't

you sound very desperate pajeet, maybe you could sell more phone plans..

Im here and have no money problems buddy, maybe dont bank your mcdonalds wages on crypto just yet kiddo.

If you had no money problems you wouldn't bother investing / trading. Anyone who uses money has "money problems" in the same way every mortal man has "time problems". You're in the system and could always use more, so there's an inherent problem of obtaining more.

And I'm not desperate, but eager. I did my homework on this coin, have saved up a little bit of disposable income and I could use some gains. I've had so many missed opportunities due to not having disposable income at the time. BTC in 2014, ETH in 2015.. I'm don't want to miss this one. I just want my ACH to clear before the moonride so Coinbase doesn't rape me with fees..

I just want one whole bitcoin lol

Understandable. It looks like Its taking the dip you wanted too. when are you thinking of buying?

Sorry about giving you a hard time, you just came across very rude at the start.

Well I'd like to buy ASAP. I'm waiting for my ACH to clear through Coinbase/GDAX so I don't get fucked with fees, but I can't get photo ID until Monday at earliest (longer if they mail it). So I might just bite the fees in hopes of the moonride paying them off.. I think this is easily a $10+ coin, (I'm conservatively hoping $7 by 2018) so I don't think buying now is bad by any means, but for a 2.5k purchase, coinbase would take a lot of my money. I don't have to pay capital gains tax though, so I suppose it might even that out.

So personally, I'm hoping bitcoin keeps crashing a bit, or at least plateauing for the next couple days to keep VTC on ground level until my ACH clears. There's been lots of hype and hysteria lately. Lots of increased volume and hopefully some noobies with weak hands looking to back out at first dip...

One can hope :) Goddam this photo ID stuff is ruining me though, I don't get why they need it when RobinHood doesn't. Worst part is that they don't accept a passport, and I have that.

But I'm also into VTC for it's ideology. I got into it because ASIC farms are the antithesis of a decentralized currency, and while GPU farms could also hypothetically exist en masse as we see with ASIC, the lower entry barrier for GPUs coupled with the massive population already having them might prove vertcoin to be a more decentralized currency.

Plus one click miner is DOPE AF

Have you tried other exchanges? I think some are a bit more lenient with photo ID. You could try one of those?

Now looks like a great time to buy in too

Is oneclick miner up and running? Im still mining without it.

I agree with the ASIC mining though, but if you google some cloud mining websites, theres some big ones that are still nearly all gpu based but for some reason havent caught on to mining VTC yet.

Yeah I guess I should poke around other exchanges.. I was just latched onto Coinbase/GDAX cuz GDAX has a nice API for algotrading and I was looking into playing with that soon.

How much VTC are you holding and when did you buy in?

I really feel the need for a better anonymous coin in the market. I don't trust XMR's fluffyponzi and Zcash fucking sucks.

I don't know, my guts telling me to wait this bitcoin dip out and hope VTC sinks. Normally I wouldn't sweat it but it rose from 5-6k way to fast, and crossing from 6k to 5k is going to hurt a lot of weak hands tomorrow. Maybe this upcoming forks will keep it down even longer.

I don't know, you don't go far in crypto if you're too risk averse..

Follow your gut :)

my guts a risk averse wuss tho lol

I purchased a bag of 50 @ $1.50 , then purchased 100 more at $3.00

It's an improved LTC, which means everyone dump their LTC into this and we can finally be rid of Charlie Lee once and for all. Do not fuck this up.

Is it bad that ive held LTC since $30 and do not feel bad in the slightest about coming over to this better product? I cant stand Charlie Lee on twitter.

Are you me?