Extra skin

I have a stomach that protrudes about as much as in the pic. If I were to drop a large amount of weight over time and lose the belly, would I have any extra skin sagging around there? Does the skin eventually go away? I'm 20, if it matters.

Desperate and panicked bump. I'm very afraid that I've fucked up my body to the point where I'll never look good without a shirt on.

>the bump didn't even work
It's over.

Surgery is the only way. Shouldn't have became fat in the first place lol

Thats not too huge a stomach and you're still very young. There might be a tiny bit of loose skin but you might be lucky and dodge it. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

Think of it this way, you look like shit now with and without clothes on. If you lose weight, even if you have some loose skin youll still look better clothed, and certainly no worse with your shirt off.

Start right fucking now. Go throw away all your junk food, look up a meal plan and stick to it.

I'm not a fancy big city fat doctor, but I think you'll be alright. Just lose weight slowly m8

Don't believe me, but I'm pretty sure at that age you can lose all that and not have excess skin, but you need to do it slowly, not just starve yourself for several months or something.

I was 19 (22 now) and in a similar position as you when I started my journey. Just find what works for you and stick to it, you'll be fine (:

Pregnant women in some cultures bind their stomaches to avoid permanently loose skin if that is any help. Genes and moisture matters too.

>Shouldn't have became fat in the first place lol
I agree. It's probably the biggest fuck-up I've made in my life.

I just got back from the gym. Used an elliptical trainer on medium-high intensity (15, but I don't think intensity values are standardized) for 30 minutes, worked quite a sweat. I plan to do this every second day from now on. This is not my first attempt at losing weight at the gym, by the way; I did Stronglifts for a month but I saw no results and eventually lost interest. This whole skin issue is a huge wake-up call for me, and now I'm determined to see this through, if only to find out once and for all whether I'm fucked. Thanks for the support man

I usually eat like shit and do no exercise. I'm going from that, to preparing some good home-cooked meals for myself and consistently doing cardio. Do you think this would have me lose weight too fast? I'm just not sure how slow "slow" is in this context.

What does that mean? Do you have any saggy skin left? Why the smiley face???

They bind their stomachs while pregnant? That doesn't sound very healthy.

I've been from 170lbs to 330 and back again
twice
and I have no loose skin, except for minor bingo wings, but I AM getting old now

I think the biggest factor is how long you're fat for
for me it was less than 24 months each time

>Just b yourself :^)
What a useless fucking post, that might fly on instagram but it makes no sense here.

Jeez, that's pretty intense. How'd you manage to balloon up so much, twice? Also, I think I've been fat for somewhat less than 24 months. I only began really noticing it at the start of 2016, but it might've gone back as far as early 2015. If you were able to bounce between those weights without any skin sagging (other than the bingo wings), then I'm not sure what people are doing to get it. Anyway, your post made me think. Thanks man.

>only cardio while cutting
Don't do it man, you're gonna be kicking yourself
If SL doesn't interest you try something else
Otherwise you just end up looking skinny fat at the end and have to start again from scratch basically
It might be better than you look now but in that same timeframe you could've looked great and gotten strong

I think Stronglifts is a pretty good long-term program to throw yourself into, but it just wasn't giving me any discernible results in the one month I was doing it. I guess I could give it another shot. Do you think a 5-day SL-cardio-SL-cardio-SL program would work out alright?

OP here, looks like the thread is on its way to page 11. Gonna go get some rest, thanks all for pitching in. I'll keep with the routine above for the foreseeable future, and find out once and for all if this will be a problem. If it is, I will kill myself.

Lose weight, wait 2 years. If still not happy, surgery.

only one way to find out.

I've seen some really fat people lose weight down to where they're lean and have close to no excess skin. On the other hand, I have also seen the same type of people have tons of gross flappy skin on their stomachs. I'm not sure what factors play into the outcome whether it's genetic, skin health, type of fat you're carrying, rate at how you lost it. I almost think that its all the above.

But if your stomach doesn't "hang low" and is more "perky" and hard, then I think your chances are much better if you take care of the skin with lotion and shit and lose the weight very slowly.

I think for you age it won't be any problem, sore, it might take a year for the loose skin to go away.

I'm just guessing, but there's only one way to find out right?

Skin is an impressive organ and will tighten unless weight loss is massive and sudden.

You might have a bit if you do it'll be completely gone within 2 years.

Does it really matter if it is sudden?

I lost half my body weight over about 7 years, but didn't start lifting until about halfway through it. I don't really have any choice except loose skin surgery. Too bad insurance won't cover a dime of it.

I'm probably going to have it (125lb over weight) and it scares me..

>If I were to drop a large amount of weight over time and lose the belly...
-you would be healthier and happier. do that first, ask questions later.

>losing weight at the gym
That's your first mistake. Losing weight happens by eating reasonable food and portions.

t. guy who used to weigh 240, now weighs 170.

If it's sudden it will take a while for the skin to adjust.

It will never completely go away, it will however look better.
If you lift upperbody it can help stretch it out (can also make your nipples look weird) however aye.
Having a little flab on your stomach is better then looking like a fat shit user.

>220
>drop to 180
>took two years for stomach skin to stop being so loose
>actually looks pretty decent