What is the hardest part of lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_(unit)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_(unit)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

staying motivated

Not falling off the wagon and drinking yourself to death

Oh wait, that's my alcoholism.

Having to wear so many layers because my home gym is 30 fucking degrees right now.

Deadlift

Eating healthy and right, every day

I'm cutting back on my drinking. I only drink after dinner, so I'm having later dinners now. Roughly 3 glasses of scotch rather than half a fifth a night.

not getting injured for me

thinking of just working on mobility every single day for a few months then starting lifting again. i just seem to be fragile.

Rest days.
Getting jeans that fit.
People at work who have been failing to lose weight for a decade openly speculating that your successful cut is down to roids or genetics.
Watching your sixpack fade away on a bulk.
Not being able to communicate to non-lifters why it feels so good to have built your own body that none of the above matters.

eating enough and cardio

>not getting injured
>waiting for rest days

I just want to pump all my free hours and gain gain gain, but you gotta wait for recovery

The injuries.

Consistency. Honestly there are those days when you just wanna say fuck it.. but you have to remain disciplined and fight through it.

>30 fucking degrees right now.
Kek my home gym doesn't have windows, only plywood, and no heating. It's -25 degrees outside and maybe -10 inside.

eating

Starting

Do you really need rest days? What would happen if you worked out every single day

getting enough sleep

BBBFFFFFPPPPPPRRRRTTTTTT

You can't lift the feelings away

if you have a proper split you'll be fine.

I'm 43. I don't recover as quick as I used to. PPLx ad infinitum seems to work for me.

just roid up breh you can train twice a day if you want

realizing that it doesn't change how attractive women look at you unless you are in the top 5% physiques

it's also of of the best reasons to keep going

Getting to the gym. Everything else is easy, even cutting.

>lifting for gurls

they don't care.

Not going in on rest day.

eating. reaching your calorie goal on a clean bulk is suffering. specially when you work 10h a day, you have to constantly take mini breaks to shove some food into your mouth.

>rather than half a fifth a night.

Half a fifth of a bottle of alcohol is less than three glasses my man.

A bottle has 20 1.5 ounce shots. A fifth is 4 of those shots. Half a fifth is two shots, which is considered a healthy and moderate level of drinking that actually helps heart health.

1. Diet
2. Going to the gym
3. Keeping to schedule
4. Continuing through the workout

Exercise would be easy mode if you didn't have to watch your diet so closely and US society wasn't so dedicated to making sure you get fed artificially modified shit.

You get stronger from muscle regrowth, not tearing apart. Its why you hear so many say they take 4-6 month breaks, then come back and lift at the same level or higher. Without rest regrowth is slowed.

A fifth is means a fifth of a gallon. It is the standard bottle of liquor. I was drink a tenth of a gallon a night. Now I drink less.

Getting up again

Where are you from that a fifth means a fifth of a gallon?

Doing that last rep which makes sure you can do that one more rep next time you try.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_(unit)

I'm not the guy you're replying to but where are you from where a fifth is not your standard 750ml bottle?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_(unit)

I'm in arizona. Wed always used fifth to mean a fifth of a 750 ml bottle. Excuse my ignorance, I guess we've just been using the term wrong

the crippling inadequacy caused by body dismorphia

When my gym closes and I can't keep my normal gym routine. I hate it, I just want to be at the gym!

loneliness

Trying to convince yourself that by getting bigger you will fix the other problems in your life.

nothing. It's pretty straightforward. Growing is another matter. Eating is hard.

Eating right
And cardio

>What is the hardest part of lifting?
All the weights are pretty much equally hard.

I think that's a Southerner thing.
I don't think I've heard anybody in CA ever use fifth, it's just a bottle.

Eating

Getting motivated to hit the gym.

Fuck, I love it when I go. I feel amazing for the next few days. But once it's been a week or so since the last time you went, it's so hard to start going again.

eating enough for it to matter

Waiting for the next day

Kentucky boy here, can confirm that our standard units for buying liquor are "pint", "fifth", and "1.75".

fifth (.75L) and a handle (1.75 L) are the only terms ive ever used.

fifth and bottle can be used interchangeably imo

Then don't let that happen

Being consistent, in how you eat and lift. I'm sure we would all look great if it weren't for lack of money for food and gym, and if we didn't have injuries or get sick or if we didn't have certain things getting in the way

Squat

Getting enough sleep to recover.
You don't enjoy it and are probably doing it for vanity reasons.

I do a 4-day split and can work out every day. Part of why I stopped doing "muh strength" programs because it feels like you're never actually doing much. I actually like going to the gym and want to do it as frequently as reasonable.

it fries your nervous system

For me?
Resting.

I'd lift the entire day if my muscles could handle it.

Oh shut the fuck up drama queen

>What is the hardest part of lifting?
Consistency, and conservatism. You have to lift consistently, but you also have to advance conservatively, or you end up being one of those dudes that stall out and can't figure out why.

I'd also say 'patience'. For a new lifter there is groundwork you should be doing, which almost everyone doesn't do, that pays for itself in the long haul; most of you aren't in it for the 'long haul' though, you want quick gains, just so you get noticed by girls. That's a negative-sum game and almost all of you don't realize it.

I could go on for paragraph after paragraph about the 'groundwork' of which I speak, but experience here on Veeky Forums has taught me that none of you want to hear it, or have the patience to do it anyway, so I'm not going to bother. The few outliers among you who would listen, probably go seeking your own knowledge anyway.

But, he's right. Without adequate rest your gains will level off, and may even decline if you make the all-too-common mistake of training harder.

Yeah if you're doing actually heavy weight at some absurd volume every day. The skinny manlets on this board overtraining? Give me a break

I'm English and even I know this is something Americans say. Eminem uses it in "My name is."

people unironically saying motivation and discipline

rofl

going to the gym and lifting is the actual easy part

>implying you know anything about groundwork

>implying YOU DO
I'm not going to type out several paragraphs on the subject.. so if you're so goddamned smart and experienced, how about YOU tell us what you consider 'groundwork' for lifting? I need a good laugh today..

(You)

the part when the weight goes up. The other part is usually easier

I'm not the retard who wrote full paragraphs on how much smarter he was than everyone else on this board because he's read the word 'groundwork' before. How about you put up or shut up?

It's the stuff out of the gym for me. I have no problem going consistently and doing my lifts. I haven't willingly skipped a day in over two years, only a two week period when I got sick.
But eating, sleeping, not sitting so much, doing posture excises, doing mobility and pre/rehab I never fully commit to. I'm not terrible at them, but I know I could be doing better.

I could also be doing more cardio.

Eating while bulking

Also getting a gf

diet

Tbh you sound like a dyel who's trying to justify his low intensity routine that has gotten him zero (0) gains. Stalling out for a few weeks doesn't mean shit if your still sore or burnt out after a workout. Strength means literally nothing too no one in the real world will ever care that you can squat 3 plates. Do you really think that being able to put 5 lbs on a bar after a workout means your making progress? Fuck no chances are you just found an easier way to lift the weight. The only way too make progress and measure it is look in the mirror.

Eat shit and die. I'm not sitting here for half an hour writing several comments' worth, just so I can be ridiculed, scoffed at, and torn apart by a bunch of plebian teenagers who 'lift for girls' and who care about appearances first and strength second, instead of accepting that the way to real 'aesthetics' is to have real strength first, and 'aesthetics' come as a nice byproduct of it. Dumb kids who think the word 'core' in the context of strength training means 'what deadlifts and squats train' instead of abdominals, upper and lower back, and all the small stabilizer muscles between the nape of your neck and your perineum, which if ANY ONE of them is weak, can be, ironically enough, a limiter when you do squats, deads, and overhead press. Nope, none of you want to hear that, it falls on deaf ears -- or more usually, I get scoffed at and ridiculed for even suggesting it. Get fucked. Enjoy plateauing, when it happens.

Oh look, another example of someone who only drinks the Veeky Forums kool-aid and isn't even open to listening to anything else. You, too, can get fucked. I won't waste my energy on closed minds.

post pic

>claims he's "not sitting here for half an hour writing several comments' worth, just so I can be ridiculed, scoffed at, and torn apart"
>does it anyway

>tfw I will remember these hints

I just know I'll never forget them no matter whether or not I put them to use. I'll know what to look for if I ever need more information.

>fit kool aid
Nah bro your the one spouting the garbage here. fit used to be good routines and advice until we got flooded with r9k fags like you who lift for pure strength because they don't want to put in the effort for aesthetics and strength. Strength routines are for lazy fat fuck like you who don't want to put the effort and time into the gym to grow. Instead you want to do some shitty 45 minute routine that requires 0 dedication 3 times a week.

Finally telling your mom that you're gay and frequently post on a Ugandan banana trading forum

Consistently going to the gym

squat

getting to the gym

Diet

But I like SL 5x5. Why don't you?

Eating enough food and proteins to maintain your mass.

> THIS IS TEN PERCENT LUCK
> TWENTY PERCENT SKILL
> FIFTEEN PERCENT CONCENTRATED POWER OF WILL

Handle is 1.75L, fifth is .75L (750 mL), shoulder is 350 mL, and regionally (northeast US), we call a 250 mL bottle a hip.

Diminishing return on your investment, like everything else in life. The realization that you may have reached your limit and that there is nothing you can do to advance further blows ass.

>roid

Sure, you can, but you'll hit the same type of wall on gear too. Ask any elite powerlifter. There's a reason people like, eg, Chris Duffin, who are running grams of test per week, will never be able to squat 1000 pounds. Hitting your human limit (or knowing that you are approaching it) is an awful feeling.

I drink a fifth of vodka, dare me to drive.

Eating, more specifically forcing food down when you're not hungry in order to hit calorie and macro goals.

The lifting part itself I adore and have no problems staying motivated.

>Eating while bulking

yeah eating calorie dense foods is pretty hard eh?

:^)

I used to do it too and I think its ok program if you WANT strength over aesthetics.

I hated it cause It gets this mind set into people that everyone has a morphology fit for doing heavy squats and deadlifts. And that every muscle for everyone will be activated the same and accessory work is not important.

I switched to lyle mcdonalds generic bulking routine and have made way better gains in my upper and back. I switched to hack squats completely over barbell squats and my hams, glutes and quads are blowing up along with my shoulders from sldls and shoulder presses.

I was in shock becaus I couldnt believe the changes my body was making right in front of me. For the first time in my life my chest stuck out and could see the lines where my shoulder ends and triceps begins.

people i need help

Ive started lifting and:

1) i am still hungry and i eat well, eat 80+% protein powders, no sugar shit etc, i skip rope for one hour daily
2) how often should I take rest days? like my muscles are in pain but i enjoy when i have to overcome it

>Half a fifth is two shots, which is considered a healthy and moderate level of drinking that actually helps heart health
Who are you trying to kid, lad

Good dont let drugs dictate the way you live

Diet

Lol what the fuck are you pussies doing down in Arizona? jesus christ how can you even get near tipsy on a fifth of a fifth jesus christ

You can do a 4 day or 6 day strength program, depending on the periodization and phase of training, you retard. And just because you feel something is subjectively better doesn't mean it is.