How can I make oats taste better? Been having a bowl every morning for the gainz but it makes me gag

How can I make oats taste better? Been having a bowl every morning for the gainz but it makes me gag.

Other urls found in this thread:

eatthis.com/savory-dinner-oats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eat them with milk and they will taste like boring cereal

water
honey
cinnamon

1. take oats
2. put whatever you think tastes good with them
3. eat

B R O W N S U G A R

I put PBfit powder and brown sugar in mine.

Pic related is PBfit macros.

banana, greek yogurt, milk, raisins/ any dried fruit really, peanut butter, honey, = tasty + juicy micronutrients. i also throw a scoop of whey in mine sometimes.

If you dgaf about the nutrients then brown sugar and cream is on oats is better than most candy

You can develop a good taste for oats if you start trying different types of oats (steel cut, rolled, etc etc), different types of water, and different amounts/types of salt.

Also, look into old scottish recipes, where you put the oats in a pan after you've cooked, let it cool and 'set', then cut it up and fry it with bacon lard.

blender

I mix coffee and a pinch of brown sugar into my morning oats.

>make me gag
thick rolled oats steamed in a rice cooker senpai they turn out tender and don't lump together the texture is completely different

50% oats
15% blueberries
10% banana
5% maple syrup
10% protein power

>Cinnamon
>Honey
>Drop or two of vanilla
>Pinch of salt (just brings out all the flavours plus the natural flavour of oats)
>Milk

heat until gooey but don't overdo it.

apples, milk & cinnamon

Realize that food is fuel and you are an autistic robot. You don't eat for taste, you eat for nutrition.

Make them with almond milk, add some cinnamon and some fruit. You can put that in a cup/bowl overnight and have them in the morning, shit's awesome.
Too bad you don't like the flavor of oats though, I fucking love the taste and smell, can just eat it raw.

wonderful answer

This but sub water for milk. Easy as fuck, tastes great, throwing some frozen fruit in while cooking is good too.

2C Water for 1C Oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla extract, 1 packet of splenda.

I always add 3 teaspoons of brown sugar to every 1/2 cup of oatmeal. This adds about 45 calories to your oatmeal but makes your oatmeal taste 100 times better

Use whole milk and stop being such a faggot.

Almond milk and cinnamon

You'll get used to it. It's fuel. I've eaten one cup dry oats and eggs for most mornings for the past 8 years straight.

just buy the flavored packets

Hey OP: I don't know if this is an option for you, but I transitioned from eating regular oatmeal (plain oats, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk, maybe fruit) to eating oats and those ingredients in a smoothie.

Get some cut up frozen fruit at the store. I use strawberries and bananas.

Put the fruit in the cup along with your oats and milk, put in the microwave 30-45 seconds. It softens the fruit enough but short enough to keep it still really cold.

Add in peanut butter, yogurt, and I also put 20 almonds in.

Grind it all up and drink it

That way you get all the benefits of your oatmeal but avoid the terrible texture and bland taste

well you seem to be starting out right since you posted old fashioned rolled oats. never get those quick cooking instant oats unless you're baking like cookies and shit

add a sprinkle of salt
cook in a mixture of milk and water rather than just milk or just water. for half a cup of oats it's 1 cup of liquid, and I typically do 2:1 milk to water so 2/3 cup milk 1/3 cup water, but you could do 1:1 since it's easier. you get more flavor from the milk, but if you do 100% milk it can mess with the texture. honestly milk is the biggest part of adding flavor
sorry for assuming you don't know shit, but completely ignore the cooking instructions on the container. that'll give you oat soup which is incredibly disgusting. I assume you're microwaving, so just keep microwaving a minute or two at a time and stirring until you've got the consistency you want (if you don't know what you like then take a bite after every minute once it stops being soup). I like my oats almost completely dry, so I tend to cook them longer than most people
then you add toppings. frozen berries or a nice jam is absolutely fantastic. as is peanut butter (with or without chococlate protein powder) plus a tiny bit of brown sugar. as is a bunch of cinnamon and a teaspoon or two of brown sugar or maple syrup. at this point it's really up to you both in what you add and how much of it you add. I probably do peanut butter more than anything else, and I do a tablespoon to start off with and add more as needed. I'd always suggest adding a teaspoon of brown sugar though, since that also goes a long way in making oats not taste horrible and you should have room for it in your macros

alternatively you can buy rye flakes which taste way better than oats and you don't even need to add sugar. cook them the same way, but add a bit of butter and salt to taste. they're a bit more expensive though, but they also have more protein and fiber per calorie

I don't use milk anymore because I find dairy products to consume the natural flavor of dishes, So i make my oats with just water.

Just do:
Water
Oats
Ground Flaxseeds, gotta get those fucking omega-3s big boi
ground cinnamon (optional)
sweetener of your choice ex, brown sugar, maple syrup,honey (optional)
Fruit of your choice ex, blueberries always, strawberries, banana, kiwi etc..

Protein powder, greek yogurt, honey altogether or each alone with oats

learn to fruit my man. kiwi, banana, peach, strawberry, roasted mother fucking apple.

steel cut oats, better texture with a more nutty flavor
add honey or maple syrup

kimchi and canned chicken breast

Is there anything wrong with just not cooking them and blending them with milk? Basically a smoothie.

I put a scoop of protein in with them.

Make them in milk instead of water
Mix in a little Nutella and cinnamon

best answer, best digits

>cook bowl of oats
>add scoop of proton powder
>mix

It's actually better than I thought it would be. You can also add whatever fruits or substitute milk for water.

-One cup of oatz
-Two big ice cubes
-Handful of frozen berries
-One vanilla Greek yogurt
-One banana
-Two scoops of (vanilla) protein
-Small splash of apple juice
-Blend

One of the easiest ways to down a few hundred calories with a lot of protein and carbs. Try it.

>Oats
>not eating two eggs on a protien biscuit

Never gonna make it brah

1 serving oats, 2 scoops vanilla whey, one serving mixed frozen berries

cook oats, add whey to cooked oats, and berries (still frozen) to cooked oats. stir. the oats should be hot enough to thaw the berries without making them unpleasantly warm.

Make 'em savory, OP. Not enough people eat savory oatmeal.

eatthis.com/savory-dinner-oats

>Put a cup of oats in the bowl
>Put a cup of milk in the bowl

Don't cook it just eat it with a spook and it tastes like cereal. I can't stand that shit cooked taste's like my boy's hot load and I already have my fill of that every morning by breakfast time so this is a great way around that.

*spoon

>2017
>Not activating your oats

real tho that's fine there's really not much of a difference.

how do i acquire a protein biscuit?

>Google how to make homemade biscuits
>add a scoop of flavorless whey to the mix

I make up a weeks worth of these and mircowave them in the morning.

Berries.

mah nigga

My oats recipe.

>3/4 cup rolled oats
>raisins (1 tablespoon)
>cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
>maple syrup (1 tablespoon)
>salt (1/8 teaspoon)
>sliced blanched almonds (1/4 cup)
>water (however much it takes to cook it, I never dial it in because 0 calories)

I like it, may be a bit too sweet for some people though.

What about the last 10%?

are the almonds activated?

>10% semen

The last 10 percent.

i make overnight oats

- oats
- Chia seeds
- a little maple syrup (very small amount)
- Peanut Butter
- Chopped up Dates
- Peanut Butter
- coconut shavings (sometimes)
- a little brotein
- milk (i use hemp milk)
- half a banana sliced up into it

I throw the dry ingredients together in tupperwear bowls at the beginning of the week, then before I go to bed, I just pour the milk and maple syrup in one of them and toss it in the fridge and it's ready when I wake up in the morning. Saves me time, super easy, tastes awesome, there is no excuse for eating a shitty breakfast or no breakfast and I love not hassling about what I'm gonna do for food when I wake up.

Yes, it's kinda high in natural sugars, but I like a sweet breakfast and I don't consume much sugars throughout the rest of the day and also gives me a good energy boost pre-workout so fuckit.

i said peanut butter twice, but it's because i'm hungry and I want peanut butter.