18 years old

>18 years old
>only 1.4 btc
>only .4 btc worth of altd
>1800 in stocks
>5000 in bank (A lot of it grandparent dorm money; rest wagecuck money)
>college freshman compsci major
>no debt. Got scholarships to cover tuition
>grandparents paid for dorm
>afraid of debt
>don't know what to do with my life.
>don't know if I should go into debt for this retard tier meme degree
I need some older, wiser Veeky Forumsnessmen to guide me

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mind-Illuminated-Complete-Meditation-Integrating/dp/0990847705
youtube.com/watch?v=RCLT64SLYZk
youtube.com/watch?v=RytfLEbHhz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can you send me .1 of bitcoin kind sir

14Axcw86GkNn7LN3WgcPeDViRS4h71Dwxv

work hard + get good grades, get good at solving meme algorithm problems for your interviews, lift, secure internships at big tech companies, fuck bitches. play a sport so that you'll actually have friends, pick up bjj if it's available

trade and invest your meme coin too, liquidate stocks into btc

>has it made with no debt and spare BTC
>crying

go research and invest in some good projects and fuck off.

I didnt beg. That was someone else.

good luck getting good advice from this board

actively participate in PnD groups and start some yourself. slowly buy with small amounts, and when those grow, use some of the proceeds to buy even more/diversify, and save the rest you don't need for whatever else you do need. Simple, but might be risky if you start out with a large amount you're not content with losing or risking at all.

There might be some smart people who made it here. Not everyone gambles shitcoins.

>don't know what to do with my life.

An hero.

Why does everyone on this board feel the need to tell their life story, just fucking ask for help.

I know you didnt beg.

Here's advice, take your time. My parents forced me into college at 18 and I partied the whole time. If you're going to do college, get a degree in a hard science or dont go at all.

Learn to trade/invest in alts and put that BTC to use.

I think this is good advice. I'm just kind of autistic and sometimes need a boost to get going. Like can I apply for some god tier jobs as a freshman?

Also, eventually get out of shitcoin and start getting into banks with capital and lower risk margin. I'd recommend small savings/loan banks that go public, as I did one myself and that turned out well for me.

Is computer science not considered a hard science?

medium-high capital*

you can apply, but generally internships are sophmores+ only, or even only accepting juniors and seniors. Doesn't hurt to try, the more proactive you are in life the more likely you are to succeed in whatever you do.

meditate (develop concentration then go into metta meditation) + make some religious friends / people with too much fucking empathy to get over the autismo.

legit feel like I'm on mdma half the time when I actively meditate. Used to go several weeks as a child not talking to anyone in school and now I'm happy happy and genuinely love interacting with people. Be nice to people who work retail jobs.

What do you mean? Open accounts with medium banks? What would be the benefit? Arent banks a bigger meme than buttcoin?

Holy shit man nice get

>fucking checked

Pathetic fuck just kys

>banks bigger meme than buttcoin

There's much you have to learn, young padawan.

Also forgot to add that you should then diversify into something else, like a relatively stable tech stock or something along the lines of that financially.

I also meant invest in their common stock if they are public. Usually a pretty good buy.

At your age and with no debt I would put money into the most stable things, BTC and ETH. Then significantly less into the other coins with potential. I would be focused on long term (for Crypto) meaning 4 years or whenever you graduate.
Write every password down and go stick the paper into a safe deposit box at the bank or at your grandparents house or better yet, both.

Then contribute more money to Crypto when you can, like a set amount monthly or every Christmas or whatever you can afford.

Then step away, don't daytrade, just accumulate and hold.

Now here is the important bit:
1) Don't tell anyone you date how financially secure you are or how much you have in savings or invested. You're way better off than most people, don't let anyone think you're an easy mark.
2) Go travel while you're young. I traveled some in college and little did I realize that after getting married it would be impossible to travel again. Then after a kid comes along it's even more impossible and expensive to travel. Go travel. Do it while you are in college.
3) is that really the major you want? Really the job you want? If not, switch now. You need a job you are excited about and I'm not getting that vibe from you.
4)Learn Spanish if you are in the US. They have classes in it in college and if you learn to speak Spanish you are instantly more hireable whether it be for a summer part time job or a career.
5) Try to date other people who have a similar situation as yours, like big scholarships or relatives who helped them avoid debt in college. I'm not saying you can't date that cute girl who is racking up the debt but lets give the well-off girl (or guy, whatever) a shot first. Young couples with no debt have a much better time in life and less stress and less pressure to take a soul-crushing job.
6. One day when you are rich go back to high school and look up that favorite teacher of yours and give them a nice gift. Unless they were all asses.

Fuck what some one says, everything fancy and new is first looked as crazy and weird and time investing is investing as well, so buy low sell high does apply there also.

Live frugally, work through college, continue putting any expendable income into crypto, try your best to stay on top of your health (get a gym membership, go for hikes, start boxing).

Really immerse yourself in your studies (you shouldn't half-ass anything in life), find like minded colleagues that have insight into crypto. Network and approach professors about any ideas you have. College is a time to build professional relationships.

If you're not enjoying your degree at least SEEM INTERESTED. College should be an enjoyable time.

I put in a lot of effort in my undergrad degree and only now am I being rewarded for my effort, I'm in med school on a prestigious scholarship with research opportunities being thrown at me.

I've realized that if you work hard at any endeavour, you WILL be recognised and rewarded.

People in college are fucking stupid, it's not hard to shine above the rest of the class. Be disciplined with your finances, be disciplined with your investments, be disciplined with your study.

Damn. I guess ill try to figure out how to network for jobs now, so hopefully I can get one sophmore year.
Ill have to look more into meditation. Ive been feeling kind of depressed recently, and I think it probably would help. Right now my only friends are religious at uni. You're absolutely right they have empathy for autism. Also I wagecucked in retail, so I definetly have respect for wagecucks.

You have no idea how much I wish I could go back 3 yrs and apply all the shit I learned through trial and error

for meditation:

amazon.com/Mind-Illuminated-Complete-Meditation-Integrating/dp/0990847705

two talks I really like, first one's interesting and let's you know shit actually gets intense and the second is one I like to listen to when I would used to get depressed.

youtube.com/watch?v=RCLT64SLYZk
youtube.com/watch?v=RytfLEbHhz4

ironically getting good at concentration meditation can actually make you more depressed lmao if you don't practice metta, so don't slack off because it sounds memey or silly.

btw if you wanna get pussy make sure you diversify and get other friends that aren't uber religious

Yes, computer science is a hard science and will make you decent money and will guarantee you a job.

Anyone that tells you otherwise is a fucking retard, naive, or doesn't have your best interests at heart.

Thanks anons. Really appreciate the in-depth advice. I think computer science is what I want to do. I've been programming from such a young age, that it's pretty much what I always wanted to do. Or at least it was what I expected to do. I'm just kind of nervous because there aren't as many smart people in my class as I thought. I don't want the field to be too bloated when I graduate in four years.
Appreciate the links user! I definitely will look into it. I should find some non-religious friends, it's just hard. I don't know why I am struggling so hard this first semester. I mean I struggled all throughout high school with social activities and friends. Now it's kind of the same, but I have gone to a few parties. Still no female interest, but who knows. Maybe I'll find someone... My worst fear is ending up on /r9k/.
>3994979
I think I hang out on Veeky Forums too much. They treat it as a meme there, so I forget that it is actually valued.

lift weights + club sports or join a frat

srsly, you just won't have friends unless you're actively involved in some social thing. it's not you specifically that's at fault, it's just most people are friends of convenience and that's how human relationships work

The best and only real solid advice to give somebody of the stats you mention is to: 1. get fit and eat healthy 2. dont stress, you are young as hell and you will learn more in the next 3 years than you have in the past 18 (and still then you will be borderline downs syndrome compared to people older) 3. save your money. you seem to have a decent strategy already which is good. so many people I know wasted their money in their 20s and are so much more fucked than me now (im 35) . Im not super rich but i pick and choose contracts (also comsci fag) and then take some years off and go hunting and shit. its my dream life. summary: get fit, relax, save cash

i had the opportunity to join a frat. I got a bid, and I declined it. Probably made the wrong decision, but they were harassing me daily to go to their meetings and hangout. I just couldn't handle it. I don't know why I hate being social. Well, I don't hate being social entirely. I just hate being social all the time.

this. people who dont do anything physical should be lynched. how can you call that a life lived to the fullest?

no need to waste a lot of time being social. I didn't at uni at all. I never went to parties that weren't associated with my courses or the sports I was doing. It is a good time to learn now that time is precious and what we all have equally. So politely declining moronic normie parties is absolutely essential unless you want to get laid or something. Time burglathons

that's my goal really. I don't need to be super rich, I just need to be able to live within my means, and have enough to spare to not have to worry about living paycheck to paycheck.

This is the one thing I know I need to work on. I just get intimidated by gym normies. Especially since I don't know what I'm doing.

Would be nice to get laid.

Veeky Forums. the info there is in fact actually pretty good.

a lot of fit looking people are probably more autistic than you lmao. point of reference iirc Veeky Forums has a friday feel thread where they all cry about >tfw no gf whereas none of us here give a shit about staring at charts on friday saturday nights unless we're getting JUST'ed

just go for walks (get out in the woods on trails and stuff. I hate people so ride motorbikes and bicycles off road, go hiking or fishing). anything to escape people and think. you dont have to become a mad crazy athlete. take it from me... it isnt healthy as all. haha. just fun as fuck. just elevate your heart rate for at least 30 mins a day else your brain doesn't operate properly.

sucks mate. I remember those times. I am an above average looking guy, freak genetics and muscle, friendly and disarming and a live wire socially. I still rarely got laid often until about 25. Ten years later it just gets annoying. You lie to get pussy... you lie to get pussy to fucking leave you alone :)

thanks bros. I'll check out Veeky Forums for sure. I've just always been a skinny manlet, so I've never realized how unatlhetic and unhealthy I am.
also going back to this, I don't daytrade. All my funds are stored on a ledger nano s. I was never good at daytrading. Long term investing is what I'm good at.

Almost every gym normie is socially retarded, there's much more important things to waste your time worrying about.

Buy a membership, youtube proper form and head down.

And don't ego lift or you will end up with debilitating injuries

/thread

Depends if you are going to a good school

Good school = some debt ok

Bad school = not worth time even attending

spoiled lucky brat

I'm 22 and was in a similar position as you. I have one semester left. My advice is to DO WHAT YOU LOVE first and foremost. Follow your passions. Don't get tied down by bitches. Spend your time studying and off Veeky Forums (believe me, this one is important). Don't be afraid to take a nice trip or something with your money, but start saving/investing early; I sure wish I had picked up crypto at 18.