Vegan high protein high calorie meals

Not a troll, seriously looking for some nice meals to get in more calories (bulking)

Macros for this pasta I made:

2000cals
65g protein
35g fat
320g carbs

Additional:
20% of daily calcium
20% of daily vitamin A
75% of daily fiber

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chankonabe
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4337/2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22150425
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129150/
youtube.com/watch?v=zriYiPfvRjE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTaGZ6KLDwI
cowspiracy.com/facts/
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>vegan
leave my board and never come back

I'm not even shitposting and yet you are, kys faggot

>2000cals
>65g protein
>35g fat
>320g carbs

Nice macros, you going for #blahamode?

what the hell do vegans do when they need protein...but not carbs or fat? Whats your best option

>I'm not even shitposting
clearly you're not because vegans can't have fun with the stick up their butt

>2000 cals
>65g protein
ahahahahahahahaha

there are loads of vegan foods low in carbs and/or fats but high in protein.

Cory McCarthy for instance is a keto, intermittent fasting, gluten free vegan, and yet he's completely fine, pic related.

>bulking
>TRYING to gain weight
if I wanted low calorie high protein I would've just eaten beans, lentils, chickpeas etc. so many goddamn foods

Consider the Sumo wrestler bulking diet. Tho it has chicken. Youtube has many videos.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chankonabe

>beans, lentils, chickpeas
>"high protein food"
>they have TWICE TO THREE TIMES the carb content as protein

VEGAN KEKS AHAHHAHA

I don't really care about carbs. I do a shit ton of cardio along with my lifting.

This is the only pic I have of my body kek, I've been eating around 3000-4000 cals for 6 months now I can barely gain weight since the vegan diet has a shit ton of fiber, and I'm not degenerate like Blaha and I eat like shit and I'm not a manlet

looks like the soy estrogen is working as intended.

You played yourself

Holy kek

>2k calories
>65g protein

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pal, cut the bs and throw some ground beef in there, alright?

>I do X because I do irrelevant thing Y

Why are Veeky Forums so triggered by veganism.
Why do you care so much about what other people eat when it has zero impact on you.
Serious question.

Because of cognitive dissonance and because they sub consciously agree with most of our arguments, they know it's wrong to unnecessarily kill animals for something you don't even need, it's the same with the general population not just Veeky Forums .

>vegan

you're already a fag, just take estrogen to grow your tits or something and leave for Veeky Forums

The vegan diet leaves the person doing the diet nutritionally defective.

Why is your chest frowning? Who hurt it?

>2000cals
>65g protein
LMAO

fell for the soy meme

Probably trolling as well but if I just add 200g of seitan it's 2500cals for 160g of protein, this is just one meal and I am actually trying to gain weight.

>keto
>vegan

pick one

>Not a troll

Well, it is a troll, you're just trolling yourself instead of us.

lentils are the GOAT
1 cup has 50g of protein
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4337/2
mix in a soup with veggies had avocado or salsa

beans are also good
nuts and seed are nice as well

>vegan

Sorry, but this is a meat-eating board. Leave us.

I add beefless ground for better protein macros. That and gluten

He has absolutely no signs of estrogen, low body fat and no gynoclamstia

he just needs to put on more lean mass and he will be golden

Why are you morons so obsessed with protein, human breast milk is 6% protein by calories and babies triple their weight in one year after they are born.
Excess protein especially from animal sources is very harmful as it is bad on the kidneys, causes inflammation and increases cancer risk

Why are all other vegans always super healthy with what they make, i just cook burritos and burgers and shit. Do you hate flavour?? Idgi

>hurr durr something does x so you can do x too
Well sure, if your aspirations is to have the sedentary lifestyle as a fucking baby. You can also survive on 6% of your caloric intake of protein a day. But that's all you'd be doing, surviving. You won't have the energy required to rebuild muscles after an intensive load. Hey what's that? You need someone to help you move? Oh I'm sorry, I'm too busy acting like a fucking baby
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22150425

God damn. Vegans are fucking idiots.

That study cites 1.3-1.8g per kg
So I weigh ~80 kg
So I only need to eat 104-144g of protein a day
If I eat 3000-4000 calories a day I only need to consume 10.4-14.4% of calories from protein
So I can eat some beans or lentils, whole grains and whatever else and will meet my optimal protein needs

I could eat 3 cups of cooked lentils and get 54g of protein at ~700 calories and eat really anything the rest of the day and make my protein

So how do you think babies triple their body weight in 1 year on 6% protein?

needing to take in 2000 calories just to get 65g of protein jesus christ

mission objective failed. mission failed.

grats on hitting the protein requirements of a sedentary low test office worker who raises another man's child.

from the study you cited
"that protein intakes in the range of 1.3-1.8 g · kg(-1) · day(-1) consumed as 3-4 isonitrogenous meals will maximize muscle protein synthesis."

you are just making yourself look silly at this point

yep, maximizing the muscle protein synthesis of jimmy nutron who sits down 14 hours a day and lies in bed 8 hours a day, who's primary work out is bending down to tie his shoes for abs and farmers walking his 3lbs macbook pro.

1) how fucking dense are you to think you're eating 3000+ calories as maintenance. You need to be doing 2 hours of strenuous exercise every single day to even think about doing that
2) if you are losing 20-40% of your caloric intake due to "too much fiber", that caloric intake includes protein. Meaning you'd have to eat 20-40% more protein just to recoup
3) protein itself has an absorption rate depending on the source of the protein. Hint, plant based proteins absorb much less than dairy based, add another 10-20% just in case
4) babies aren't building as much muscle mass as they are body mass, retard
5) the person you replied to isn't me you virgin vegan

You want to get protein sources which are high in leucine.
Its the amino acid which is crucial for the increase in protein synthesis. And vegan sources of leucine rich protein is few.
Layne Norton did his Ph.D on Leucine and got a bunch of good articles on it, probably some with recommendations for vegans.

It makes a big difference.

>so many people believing the high protein meme
sorry brahs, but the fitness industry got the better of ya

oh thanks senpai, but I'm only 6 months in and I'm training for strength, so I doubt I'll get a joocy chest any time soon

Protein from animals have shown NO issues. It does not cause problems for the kidneys, inflamation or cancer.
Studies which says this are often cohort studies. They can show correlation, but in most cases it doesnt mean causasion. As groups can be affected by other factors which gives the negative or positive outcome.

Like when they say there is a correlation between meat and cancer. Then forget that people who eat lots of meat are more often sedentary, overweight, barely eat vegetables and dont really have any variety in their diet.

Animal sources are safe.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129150/

the optimal amount seem to be between 1.8-2.1g of protein er KG of lean bodymass. But they havent done many studies with more, so we dont know if a higher number will give more gains.

But ALL reviews always shows that 1.8-2g per kg bodyweight is superior to lower amount. Even if not even half the amount is used for building muscle.

>animal sources are safe
>posts absolutely no proof to support his claims

u need like 3 times more carbs than protein on a bulk though????

also linda mccartney sausages are vegan and have around 30 grams of protein with like 10 grams of carbs in 3

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and ask first, why are you vegan user?
One of my friends can't digest meat so he has no choice but to be vegetarian, another has a lot food allergies and went vegan for that reason.

That being said, I don't think you're gong to have much luck building as much muscle as you could on a vegan diet. You might be able to supplement calories with protein shakes, I know there's a lot of plant derived ones on the market now (If wherever you shop at currently doesn't have anything other than whey, try a whole food's or similar store). They're more expensive for less though.

Jesus christ he is not an attractive man.

Why does every vegan male I've ever seen have those same lips? Dick sucking lips.

1/2

This being the obvious choice

recipe on this pls

Where is your study to support the claim that animal sources of rotein increase risk of cancer?

I argued the types of studies which have a tendency to show these kinds of results and why they are often wrong or misguiding.

Dont ask for proof when you dont post any yourself.

Veeky Forums as a whole is pretty negative towards vegans (I haven't been on it in awhile but i know the cooking board usually rips people to shreds if they mention being vegan).

The reason being is that it's widely accepted that it's not a natural diet, a lot of people find themselves less healthy on a vegan diet than when they switch to something like keto or paleo (Both based more closely on what we would've eaten as cavemen which means meat), and for someone who wants to gain muscle it's just not going to work as well (Even the guy one user posted about doesn't look as good as he could if he ate some meat).

Plus there's evidence to support vegan diets do just as much damage to the earth as non vegan diets because agriculture in general is kinda shitty for the planet (My husband is a plant guy and knows more about it than I do but he mentions crop rotation as one of the factors).

So it COULD be better for the environment in the future but as of 2016 it's about the same.

>2000 calories
>meal consists of 20% protein

why do fuckin vegans think a 320g carb, 2000 calorie meal should be called 'high protein'???

every fucking time i see some dumb cunt vegan talk about nutrition their 'high protein' meals are contain fucking 400% more carbs and fats than protein. probably the same cunts that think special K is high protein.

You cant weigh out fucking dark chocolate until you have 65g protein and call it 'HIGH PROTEIN MEAL FOR BODYBUILDING' you fucking retard

just eat a piece of fish holy shit 200g of Flake and you have more protein than that entire 2000 calorie bowl of seed covered oily bullshit pasta

I am vegan because of ethical reasons (I don't wish to partake in supporting industries that needlessly stab animals until they bleed to death), for the environment and for my health.

Of course my primary reason is ethics, but health and environment are bonuses.

Clarence Kennedy, vegan (9 months until this vid right here) youtube.com/watch?v=zriYiPfvRjE

Patrik Baboumian, vegan, for a couple of years until this vid youtube.com/watch?v=ZTaGZ6KLDwI

So yep, it is possible to build muscle and strength on a vegan diet, I mean I know you're most likely gonna use the argument how steroids did all the work, but why does Patrik hold multiple records then? Why don't Meat eaters do the same thing?

>You might be able to supplement calories with protein shakes

I'm assuming you meant protein, yeah there's soy protein, pea protein, even hemp I think, rice protein etc. but none of those are necessary, texturized vegetable and texturized soy protein are good to add to meals, lots of protein for low cals, seitan around 50g of protein per 100g, black bean pasta around 45g of protein per 100g, beans 20-25g of protein per 100g, lentils and chickpeas are somewhere around that level, so yeah it's not hard at all.

500g of dry pasta, boil it and rinse.
Put back into pot, put the heat to medium, add tomato sauce, some spices (I always randomly choose spices, but something like salt, pepper, granulated garlic, oregano etc. is always nice) and I added a little bit of oil to add calories, then just stir for a bit and transfer over to a bowl.
Add chia seeds and toasted sesame seeds, and some Arugula for taste and a little bit of vitamin A

I lol'd
How's this for proof? Mother nature isn't stupid. We wouldn't be build to digest animals and eat them if we weren't supposed to. Ignore modern invention but we, as animals, eat other animals.

That said, some animals are worse than others for us to eat.

Good:
Chicken, bison, natural game
Bad:
Pork, beef

Just quick examples. Notice the biggest factor is domestication.

It's the same thing with some vegetables and fruit since we were hunters and gatherers first.

A lot of people argue we as humans lost a lot of our animalistic parts when we began farming.

Tofu, beans and lentils are all top tier
Use pea protein too as a supplement

Okay so why not just support non-factory farming like I do? I source my food. The animals are killed humanely and until then they live natural as animals should (Pasture raised is what you want to look for).

The enviornment isn't saved by you not eating meat, studies show that at this point in time, farming vegetables is just as harmful as farming animals. Stuff such as crop rotation are part of the reason. You're not helping anything or anyone.
For your health: We are a species that eats meat. If you want to eat healthy, you should be eating meat. Natural sources would be poultry, bison, and other game meats.

Neither of those guys are all that impressive imho.

I said protein shakes, retard. If you're having trouble getting the extra calories, make shakes.

Jesus if you know everything why are you asking for help?

>youtube.com/watch?v=zriYiPfvRjE

Im not against vegans, as its a prefectly viable diet if done correctly. but clarence built his physique/strength on a non-vegan diet THEN became vegan. And havent got much progress since he became one.

Because it's a reflection of what you truly want to be user.

>biggest factor is domestication
>chicken
stop posting forever

Oh honey that's not even a good burn. Try again.

Chickens haven't changed much since domestication retard. Just don't buy the hormone filled ones and source good chicken.

> The animals are killed humanely
There is not a single way to "humanely" butcher a conscious sentient being, especially since you have absolutely no need for its flesh.

> and until then they live natural as animals should
So you morally justify killing and eating something if it was killed at around the age it should've naturally died? Well why don't I just go out and murder elderly people? I mean surely they've lived their lives to the point where they should die soon.

>The enviornment isn't saved by you not eating meat, studies show that at this point in time
cowspiracy.com/facts/

Overall, animal farms use nearly 40 percent of the world's total grain production
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat

>Neither of those guys are all that impressive imho.
240kg for 3x8, yeah sure it's not impressive at all LOL

>I said protein shakes, retard. If you're having trouble getting the extra calories, make shakes.

yeah I already drink shakes, but I thought you were reffering to the conventional water/milk + protein powder.

Jesus if you know everything why are you asking for help?
I know a lot and I've been eating this way for 2 years, but I'm looking for additional ideas.

You should go preach to a bear, wolf or tiger in the wild. Tell them there is no need to eat meat.

His numbers are world class, of course he's not gonna make progress be he a meat eater or a vegan.
I've seen this same argument of "was a meat eater and then turned vegan" used so many times, present proof that the muscle and strength he made by eating animal products is going to stay on his body as long as he keeps training, I just don't see any logic in this claim.
Try eating fewer calories/protein for 9 than you usually do and tell me if your body changes, of course it does, but Clarence is most likely getting in the same amount of calories, protein etc. (maybe a higher intake of carbs now) as he was before, his bodyweight hasn't changed either.

Clarence is seriously chemically enhanced. He'd have to fuck up pretty badly not to at least maintain his stats.

I dont mean you cant build muscle on a vegan diet as well as on a non-vegan diet. Just seemed odd you used him as an example as he built his body and strength on a non-vegan diet. And turned vegan only after he got jacked.

But im just arguing a small part of your post. I fully agree that a vegan diet is just as good as normal diet if its done correctly.

First of all wolves and tigers are OBLIGATE carnivores, they need meat to sustain themselves and to get in the required nutrients they need, since plants cannot do the same for them.
Second of all even if that weren't the case, their IQ is not high enough for them to form the concept of morality, therefore we should not hold them accountable for the suffering they induce, many herbivorous animals also eat meat if they can see the chance, they have to survive, they can also develop atherosclerosis as humans do, and only herbivorous animals can develop it, which therefore in a way means humans are herbivorous animals, there has been research proving this.
You are living in an isolated city, protected from the harm of wild animals, you have the power to choose and eat what you want, it is incredibly selfish for you to keep eating animal products and continue to induce harm upon the animals that are killed for it when you have absolutely no need for their flesh.

Our body is made to consume meat and vegetables.

We aren't even supposed to eat grain/seeds. Our teeth aren't made for it.

If humans had not have cooked and eaten meat, we wouldn't have even evolved to the point where we are today to have people as retarded as you are who want to stall evolution. You do realize cooking and eating meat had an effect on what we evolved to become right?

Your argument about our body not being ment for vegetables only doesnt matter if they do it for ethical reasons.

That argument would only work if they did it because they thought humans are supposed to have a plant only based diet.

You do realize that studies show plants do feel pain right?

So none of your morals actually make sense in the grand scheme of things.

You won't change the world. You'd be better off supporting farms that actually treat their animals well instead.

I mean people have been trying to eat vegetarian diets since at least the 70s to save animals. Guess what? Hasn't helped. At all. Lmfao.

But keep being a bleeding heart retard.

Also you seriously look like a transgendered male, that's how feminine your body looks user.

No, we are omnivores. I didn't say we aren't meant for vegetables I said we are not meant to eat grain and seeds.

I'm not even vegan and I think this is a shit thread with shit replies, but if you think Clarence isn't impressive you don't lift.

> low calorie high protein
> beans, lentils and chickpeas
> muh 20g incomplete protein/50g carbs

poor poor vegans

That pasta looks good OP

Good one mate

Your first point: I'm 5'10 77kg and my fitbit shows my maintenance at 2400 just moving around the house every day, 2800 if I go out for an hour walk, and 3000 if I go to the gym for an hour.

I have no reason not to believe the fitbit cause it knows my height and weight and tracks my exercise through a pedometer and heart rate monitor.

Unless you do jackshit all day or are small. 3k shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

PS. I'm pretty active around the house, my stats show I go up and down my stairs around 30 times a day.

>You do realize that studies show plants do feel pain right?
wait is this true

t-thanks user

user don't troll pls, plants are not conscious and they are not sentient, they react to their surroundings intelligently, they do not feel pain.

Don't know about high calorie since I'm a grill but black bean pasta has a ton of protein, pair that with tofu or some other high protein mock meat and you're set.

Ok OP not sure if you're still here but you can definitely up your protein vegan or not I consume ~140g protein per day and am vegan so it's easily doable just learn to build meals your main protein sources
Lentils, chickpeas, Tofu, Tempeh, black beans, kidney beans, Soy/pea/rice/whatever vegan protein you life, Soy milk, Seitan. Any other mock meat products if you eat those.

Just combine this with grains of your choice veg and fruit.

Using this you should easily be able to come up with some meals to meet your macros (would seriously suggest changing them and upping your protein to at least 25%)

Either eat more or add in junk food for easy calories... P.S. You're faggot

let me guess, you heard someone paraphrase the studies and didn't actually read them?

Plants feel a type of pain which just tells them to react, they don't have a central nervous system nor are they sentient so they're definition of pain is completely different from ours. They don't "feel" anything.

there's zero reason to be vegan
i understad avoiding eggs and dary and minimizing met intake, but being vegan is hard and unnatural imo
doesnt compliment lifting at all

do you do SS?