So i have been doing sets of sit ups as i always do...

So i have been doing sets of sit ups as i always do, that is by sticking my feet under a metal bar to anchor them and do the sit ups.
But when i was doing them today, while my friend was with me, he was like
"What the fuck bro? What the fuck? You can't anchor your legs during sit ups, thats totally wrong bro!"
But is it really? Have I been doing sit ups incorrectly all this time?
I anchor my legs because it is much more comfortable to do sit ups like that, without my body doing the rocking chair motion when the feet aren't anchored.

Pic unrelated? Those are crunches

Anyway, you're putting a strain on your legs instead of your core, which I guess is alright if you're just starting out but it won't really get you anywhere.

Try them with your legs somewhat in the air, and don't roll your back up but lift it in one neutral pass with your core

>roll your back
Literally all tutorials on sit ups i ever watched and saw said to first lift the shoulders then the rest of the body

that's for people who are too weak to lift their whole upper body, so pretty much 99% of the population

Anchoring your legs means the strain is put on your hip flexors, not your rectus abdominis.
Other than that, crunches and situps are pretty subpar ab exercises.

Marines do situps by anchoring their legs, so tell that idiot to fuck off.

Army fag here. During our physical fitness tests, another soldier always holds your feet or ankles while you do the sit-up portion of the test. In my mind there is no other way to do them.

Also, your friend can get fucked.

Why do crunches when you can do v/roll ups? Or even better yet, just do planks with variations. They activate more of your core instead of just the upper parts of the abs. Situps will not get you your 8pak. You'll be stuck with a 6 at best.

>Situps will not get you your 8pak.
Neither will v/rollups or planks if you don't have the genetics for an 8-pack.

arnold only had 4

That picture can't be right. I do the classic push ups and my biceps are always on fire after that and hurt like shit the next day while my chest never even gets tired or painful at all

Uhhh, its the anatomical build of 99.99% of humans. We all have 8 segments of the external abdominal muscles. Just the majority rarely have the abilty to bulk up the muscle to be visible. Arnold didn't want an eight pack. He clearly went for upper body rather than being focused on core workouts.

Theres many other workouts, like mountain climbers, or mason twists, flutter kicks. Etc. Etc.

THOSE ARE NOT SITUPS YOU NECKBEARD KEYBOARD NON LIFTING CUNT

THOSE ARE CRUNCHES

FUCKING CASUAL NON LIFTING NON ELEIKO PURCHASING GENERIC EQUIPMENT OWNER

Muay thai guys hook the feet under stuff. Do you think they have shit abs?

So pretty much all the Mr. Olympia winners are in the 0.01%? Because they don't have 8packs.

Juicing reduces the amount of pairs you can have in your pack, since the body uses muscle fibers from them to add extra material for fast muscle growth caused by juicing. You can tell how much someone juiced by counting their abs.
If they have a 6 pack they only did creatine at most, if they have 8 pack they are fully natty, and if they have a 4pack like arnold, then they juiced heavily, we are talking T, tren, etc...

What if I can only have a visible 4 pack, because shitty genetics?

I bet your form is a joke.

Uhhh, thats a bit of a stretch. Its probably more like the guys who juice are just bloated. Creatine has zero growing ability and will not cause bloat other than some subdermal water storage. But, those who use HGH tend to have the worst of it all since the intestinal lining gets first dibs and tends to grow faster than the rest of the body. Those who just use T are fine as well, but tend to have a much higher body fat content since they have to eat soo much in order to maintain the muscle mass. Also the 8 pak isn't a necessity in body building since it takes too much time and effort. Most are fine with a 6 pk.
You need to be down to roughly 10% true bf or lower. Then you need to be able to isolate those muscles more in order for them to POP out and get the hardlines.

How in the fuck are you getting a burn on your biceps?? The most it should hit is your upper portion of the pecs, triceps, maybe a small amount of delts. The only physical way of activation of the biceps during a push up would be if your fingers were pointing towards your toes instead of out in front of you. But that would be such an unnatural position i doubt you could do one of those. So wtf is with your form?

Marines do crunches, bro
It's literally the dumbest part of the PFT since only the absolutely weakest shitbags will fail to get 100 crunches.