EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS

So what's the veredict Veeky Forums?
Do they increase the cholesterol levels or that's just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10883675
circ.ahajournals.org/content/99/1/164b
ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cholesterol is a meme m8

People who exercise and are at a healthy bodyfat need to worry even less
The exercise and, in your case I hope so, balanced diet take care of your cholesterol just fine

Well I eat 4 eggs a day, and exercise 5 days a week.
I do believe that garlic, onions, olive oil, nuts and apples regulates the cholesterol level, and I do consume them almost everytime.
So I think that I'm fine then.

>implying choloesterol is some sort of poison that exists just to kill you
This stupid shit is like back in the 80's when everyone totally misunderstood about dietary fat, and morons started eating NO fat at all and wondering why they had health problems.

Your body PRODUCES cholesterol; how do you think it gets there? The production of cholesterol in your body, like everything else, is a CLOSED-LOOP PROCESS; there is a feedback mechanism to regulate it. You eat something with cholesterol in it (like meat)? Your body produces LESS cholesterol of it's own. The only time you get in trouble is when you're stuffing your face so much with high cholesterol foods all day errday that it overwhelms your body's own regulation mechanisms.

Eat your eggs, they're good for you. Just don't eat dozens of them every day and you'll be fine.

Also: Try doing your OWN research (Google, Wikipedia, etc) before asking Veeky Forums next time.

cholesterol is just some stupid shit normies say to sound special, literal faggotism

Bad cholesterol levels are reflective of the kinds of fat deposits being transported in your blood. In general, they are dependent on your body fat, and independent of dietary cholesterol.

This is a pretty smart man.

There's an article about a dude that tries to raises his test levels, and all he does is eat well (lots of fat, like bacon, eggs, nuts), and lifts heavy as well as take some vitamins and his test skyrocketed, whereas his cholesterol and triglycerides remain normal.

artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/

Read it
>artofmanliness
inb4 fedora, read it before you talk shit.

>be a fat-burning athletic machine
>lots of cholesterol in your blood transporting fat to muscle cells to oxidize for energy

>be a fattass mcfatterson eating shit tons of carbs an fat
>lots of cholesterol in your blood transporting fat from the liver to your adipose fat tissue for hamplanet aesthetics

wow, cholesterol is literally just a functional transport mechanism, better eat meds to get rid of it!!!!1

Avoid dairy fat though it's full of estrogen

Cholesterol intake per se tends to have a minor effect on total blood
cholesterol. first and foremost, your liver makes more cholesterol on a
daily basis (anywhere from 1.5-2 grams/day) than you would generally eat
(well, 2 grams per day of cholesterol would be 7 whole eggs). On top of
that, liver cholesterol production adapts to your intake. So when you
eat more cholesterol, the liver typipocally downgrades its own
cholesterol production ; when you eat less cholesterol, the liver
upregulates its own cholesterol. This is all basic physiology, in any
decent textbook.
However, there is a wide range of difference in how people respond
to dietary cholesterol per se. There are both hypo and hyperresponders
meaning that some people are sensitive (in terms of total cholesterol
levels) to dietary cholesterol intake. But certainly not all.

The bigger issue in blood cholesterol intake has to do with fatty
acid intake NOT cholesterol intake. For example, most saturated acids
tend to raise blood cholesterol levels by affecting liver metabolism
(differently than dietary cholesterol intake does). There are
exceptions, such as stearic acid which is saturated but doesn't affect
blood cholesterol intake. Monounsaturated fats (olive oil, which is
oleic acid, being the primary one) has a neutral effect on blood
cholesterol levels. Polyunsaturated fats (w-6 and w-3) have cholesterol
lowering effects, in general.

Now, *in general* foods high in cholesterol are also high in
saturated fats but this is not always the case. Even lowfat foods such
as chicken and lowfat fish contain cholesterol because it is part of the
cell membrane. Eggs contain both cholesterol and saturated fat
(although there are more polyunsaturated fats in eggs than most people
realize, you can check the USDA database to check that). Same with
fatty cuts of red meat: both cholesterol and saturated fats are present
(note that red meat actually contains mostly oleic acid, and a good bit
of the saturated fat is stearic which I already mentioned doesn't affect
blood cholesterol negatively). At the other extreme, there are foods
like coconut and palm kernel oil which are highly saturated but contain
no cholesterol. So while the two are generally associated food wise,
it's not an absolute case.

Chronically high insulin levels (which can occur when you tell peope
to replace fats with carbohydrates, depending on their carb choices)
also affect blood lipid levels (insulin stimulates HMG-CoA reductase
which is the rate limiting enzyme for cholesterol synthesis in the liver
; high insulin also raises blood triglyceride levels which is an
independent risk factor for heart disease).

Ok, so what about eggs. The original backlash against eggs had to do
with their cholesterol content, because at the time cholesterol intake
was being blamed for high blood cholesterol levels, which we now know
has only a minor effect. That's part of why you'll hear the 'bull****'
on 'eggs raise blood cholesterol'.

But, you ask what about the fat content. Looking at the USDA database, a
whole egg is listed as having

Total lipid (fat) Gms : 10.020 10.4% 13.7%
OF which the following major fatty acids appear (there are trace amounts
of some others but I'm leaving them out).

Palmitic acid (16:0) Gms : 2.226
Stearic acid (18:0) Gms : 0.784
Oleic acid (18:1) Gms : 3.473
Linoleic acid (18:2/n6) Gms : 1.148 17.9% 23.4%

Ok, 2.2 grams of palmitic, which is a cholesterol raising saturated fat.
0.7 g of stearic acid, a neutral saturated fat.
3.4 g of oleic acid whith is neutral
1.1 g of w-6 which is a cholesterol lower polyunsaturated fat.

So of the 10 total grams of fat, 2.2 grams are negative in terms of
cholesterol, 4.1 are neutral, and 1.2 is positive.

Hardly the death in a white shell that they are made out to be.

So that's the basic gist of it.
Yes, excessive saturated fat has a negative impact on cholesterol.
For some people, excessive cholesterol can have an additional minor effect.
Yes, saturated fat and cholesterol tend to accompany one another but not always.
The rest of the diet (fiber, w-3/w-6 intake from other foods) has to be
taken into effect.

And that doesn't even bring the effect of exercise into the equation

If that were true than vegans would have lower testosterone levels right? Wrong

"gans had higher testosterone levels than vegetarians and meat-eaters, but this was offset by higher sex hormone binding globulin, and there were no differences between diet groups in free testosterone, androstanediol glucuronide or luteinizing hormone."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10883675

Unless you faggots have total cholesterol levels of 120 mg/dl like actually hunter gathers you need to shut the fuck up and eat less saturated fat and cholesterol
"the mean serum cholesterol level found in 5 hunter-gatherer groups was 123.2"
circ.ahajournals.org/content/99/1/164b

>he thinks HDLs are bad for you
You clearly don't know what you're talking about and should stop posting.

When did I ever say that? What is most important is having a good ldl:hdl ratio

>Unless you faggots have total cholesterol levels of 120 mg/dl
RIGHT THERE, idiot.
Now stop posting until you're at least 18.

That's what the paper said about cholesterol levels of hunter gathers which would be the most accurate view of what the best cholesterol levels will be for us, the paper also says that cholesterol levels higher than that lead to endothelial dysfunction.

Just because your a lazy fatass who can't get their cholesterol levels to the level of hunter gathers doesn't mean you need to throw an internet tantrum, everyone sees how sad and pathetic you are.

Well then I suggest you go live in the woods and be a hunter-gatherer, eschew all modern conveniences (including all science and medicine), and die of 'old age' at 30. Meanwhile the rest of us will reap the benefits of modern medicine and modern civilization, actually understand what our bloodwork reports mean, be strong and healthy, and live to be 90.
>throwbacks, when will they learn?

Stay mad

I love eggs veredict

>and die of 'old age' at 30

Are you honestly this retarded? 120 is the optimal cholesterol levels, found in hunter gathers, higher levels are associated with endothelial dysfunction and higher further can cause heart disease. This has nothing to do with modern conveniences.
You could use your same retarded argument to argue that being obese is fine.

underrated.

Suck dick faggot

>age 22
>ate 24+eggs a day for weeks during exams
>get blood work done
>oh look everything is perfect

Yea I am so mad with my optimal cholesterol levels, proper endothelial function and no erectile dysfunction. If I had erectile dysfunction like you I would be pretty mad too and take it out on other over the internet.

No one died of old age at 30 you faggot. Go look up the truth behind that statistic.

What are the actual cholesterol numbers? The "normal ranges" are just normal because you weak faggots eat to much shit to get into actual healthy ranges.

"Steinberg et al1 report that cholesterol, even at levels within the normal range, may cause endothelial dysfunction. This is hardly surprising. From an evolutionary perspective, which enhances the understanding of both human nutritional requirements2 and humankind’s metabolic physiology,3 there is no doubt that current standards for serum cholesterol values fail to match those of today’s hunter-gatherers, “whose experience represents the closest living approximation of ‘natural’ human lipid metabolism.”4 Whereas in Western countries serum cholesterol levels

So how much cholesterol would be in pic-related (my breakfast)? Do ham slices and cheese have cholesterol?

And is it the good kind or the bad kind of cholesterol?

You're obviously a hungry skellington/DYEL, and suspect of being VEGAN. You can stop posting now, you've been outed, no one will listen to your nonsense now.

btw that's 3 scrambled eggs in the pic

Post current body pic with timestamp to show us your 'optimum health'

>He thinks there's one 'magic number' you have to hit or you're going to DIE HORRIBLY
LOL you children who failed 6th grade health are pathetic

Eat your breakfast, user, it's good for you, don't worry about it.

Stop projecting onto me just because you can't get to cholesterol levels of hunter gathers and have poor endothelial function.

It is so surprise you can't make an actual argument considering endothelial function can lead to reduced mental ability.

>severe autism

>more projecting

stop insulting and provide an actual argument

Lol dude go play with a cat or something

>more severe autism
See this guys' post, he knows what's going on: Also this guy: I don't need to sit here and argue with random anonymous trolls on a mongolian horse breeders forum.

It's like you are unable to form one rational or logical statement.

Funny because I am the only one who posts citations and you say I am the troll.

(You)

Please be bait

But wouldn't hunter-gatherers eat a lot of saturated fat and cholesterol? I mean you would eat everything from an animal: the meat, the fat, the organs (including brain), the bone marrow and so on

OK here's my citations:
Hunter-gathererfags BTFO
GG thanks for playing

EGGS
EGGS
E-DOUBLE G S EGGS
MY KNOWLEDGE OF EGGS IS TREMENDOUSLY WIDE
I'VE EATEN THEM BOILED, I'VE EATEN THEM FRIED

When did I ever say there is one magic number or someone will die a horrible death?
I said that having a cholesterol above those of physiologically normal in hunter gathers can lead to endothelial dysfunction and even more beyond that can lead to heart disease.
It's funny you can only attempt to rebuttal me by completely making up what I say.

Sure, since you guys eat healthy like those hunter gatherers you should have similar cholesterol levels, lets see those tests guys.

So your citations are the random text spewed out by some retards on an anonymous fitness board? Do you try to look this retarded or does it come natural to you?

Took me a second. Kekd

I bow to thee, egg king.

If you continue to read:
>However, one needs to be cautious about assigning any teleologic significance to cholesterol levels achieved by primitive diets. Indeed, life expectancy is higher in industrialized populations compared with hunter-gatherers or populations of underdeveloped countries. Although advances in sanitation and disease prevention are undoubtedly important, it is conceivable that higher cholesterol levels than those exhibited by hunter-gatherer populations may confer some survival benefit. Thus, more research on the overall health consequences of different diets must be performed before we should recommend more drastic changes in the diet of healthy people than those already recommended by the AHA or similar organizations.

Funny that you would leave out this sentence right before it.
"Clearly, cholesterol contributes to the development of macrovascular disease, and thus, a left shift in cholesterol levels on a population basis is desirable and should lead to lower rates of cardiovascular mortality. "

Six little eggs on the run
They fuck each other three goes
Boom dubi dum

Watch out be safe so
Three little eggs had sex
One wanted to explode goes
Boom dubi dum

Watch out be safe so
Two little eggs in the sun
One sleep too long goes boom boom
Boom dubi dum

The story ends with
One little egg was blind
Make suicide with pen bomb
Boom dubi dum

Another story come

It's not. I've tried looking up cholesterol, and even today experts still have opposing opinions. Lots of flip-flopping too. Like it's bad, then it's good, but now it's bad again, or it depends. There's no black and white answer from what I can tell.

Holy shit
My brain broke
I was kicked back into 2006 in an instant

I know you are shilling for veganism, you don't fool me

i'd cut out the miku from your diet, they're notoriously high in saturated fat.

eggs are god tier

pic related, it was my breakfast (chicken sausages)

actually attaching

I hope you ate the tomato stems too

>he doesn't consume atleast 4 eggs a day.

Currently on 6 large a day and feeling amazing, pic related is my weeks egg haul

Also if you don't consume the yolks you're retarded

Have fun with your cardiovascular disease

Fucking hell, stop baiting the vegan shitposters. Everyone with more than two brain cells knows eggs are perfectly healthy for you and that dietary cholesterol has virtually zero effect on serum cholestrol. All these threads do is trigger and feed vegans so they can spam their bullshit.

OP, we have this thread every single day.

> back in the 80's when everyone totally misunderstood about dietary fat, and morons started eating NO fat at all and wondering why they had health problems.

When did that happen? This is the same 80s that saw the rise of the McDonalds fast food chain?

>Your body PRODUCES cholesterol; how do you think it gets there? The production of cholesterol in your body, like everything else, is a CLOSED-LOOP PROCESS; there is a feedback mechanism to regulate it. You eat something with cholesterol in it (like meat)? Your body produces LESS cholesterol of it's own. The only time you get in trouble is when you're stuffing your face so much with high cholesterol foods all day errday that it overwhelms your body's own regulation mechanisms.

It must be pretty easy to overwhelm then, because raising serum cholesterol by dietary cholesterol feeding is a well observed phenomenon that happens with as little as 1 egg

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf

Anecdotal evidence is the lowest form of evidence. This is not a controlled scientific experiment. Even if we accept that everything in this article is completely true and not made up, it's not designed in a way where you could say that eating a bunch of fat and cholesterol itself raised his testosterone levels, due to so many variables being involved at the same time.

Even he doesn't seem to understand what his variables are. He thinks nuts have cholesterol and therefore increase testosterone, even though nuts actually lower cholesterol. He mentions buying "nitrate free bacon" which tells me he's gullible about diet claims since cured meats advertised as nitrate free still contain nitrates, and him not looking up that easily accessible information himself means he probably isn't that interested in what's true. He says the diet didn't adversely affect his blood lipids, without even telling us what they were before all this. He says his blood test showed him with an LDL of 112mg/dl, when it should be at least