QTTDTTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BOsUmvVg-4S/?taken-by=armiehammer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is the meaning of life?

I have a horizontal line of pain across my back. It feels like DOMS but I'm not really sure because it's so oddly placed. It has to be from clean&presses which I'm new too. I guess I'm just curious what's exactly sore

What's a good breakfast to eat if I work out early in the morning? I'm usually lazy and just eat some oatmeal. Also, how long should I wait between breakfast and work out?

at what weight is lose skin a problem if you cut down to less than 20% body fat

I hurt my shoulder tackling someone 3 weeks ago. The pain isn't really bad or pronounced only when I lift my folded arm up sideways of try to touch my shoulder blades with the injured arm. I tried working out once but that seemed to aggravate everything. (bench presses etc). I'm getting frustrated because I haven't lifted in 3 weeks but the pain in my shoulder during everyday life is so negligeable except when doing the 2 movements described above.

Anyone has any tips on what excercises to avoid? What excercises are good to go? How long does this take to heal? Anything I can do to speed up full recovery?

Is Starting Stength a meme? I used to get good results with a chest / tris, back/bis, shoulders, legs, splits but never got God tier. Thinking about trying it to switch things up. 5' 11" 190 lbs

starting strength is a beginners program, if you cap out, do another program.

You're probably ready for an intermediate program. Look into Texas method if you're feeling like something rippy.

Starting stength is what I'm doing, lots of people have made good gainz on it.

GOMAD is for underweight young men, so don't gomad.

I'm doing SS atm

Can be good if you make sure to do proper form.

really autistic question but someone please answer.

Here's a video of Armie Hammer squatting
instagram.com/p/BOsUmvVg-4S/?taken-by=armiehammer
what weight is he squatting? It looks like on each side of the bar two thick plates, and one thin one. What're the usual plate in America?

Thanks user

I think pre-workouts should be like an hour to an hour and a half in advanced.
Common ones are protein shake + Oatmeal.
Some people like bacon & eggs if you're going for gainz.

What are booger macros like?

Are they the ultimate cutting food?

Guys. Especially those of you who are fat. Should I eat before an all you can eat buffet? I'm going tomorrow and I haven't eaten much today, but now I'm wondering if I should be expanding my stomach before going. It's an asian buffet with chinese food and sushi. What's the best way to go on about this because I'm planning on eating until I hate myself.

are you cutting or bulking

>because I'm planning on eating until I hate myself.
eat it all and kys your'e self afterwards

New to lifting. I was born with a slight concave chest (not full on soup bowl, but still looks like the fucking Hulk put a hole in my chest), and I'm curious if there are any workouts I can do to specifically target that. Or am I overthinking it and just need to stick to a normal chest routine?

i started intermittant fasting about a week and a half ago. already saw more weight lost in one week than before. I was already counting calories, not I just eat them all at once instead of 2-3 times per day. noticable decrease in bodyfay

anyone else have similar experience?

anyone else have an opinion on IF?

I do it because I'm too lazy to make breakfast and don't know how to store it without tubberware

no extra visible fat loss though.

Tomorrow I'm doing neither, I'm only chained by my love for asian fast food.
Otherwise bulking. I'm going to workout for an hour and a half tomorrow that's it.

I do want that but what's the best method? I'm gonna show as much sushi down as I can because it's not 10/10 but it's at least 7.5/10 quality. Unfortunately it has rice which fills you up.

>Otherwise bulking.
then eat today too.

make sure to hit the gym Wednesday after your food coma.

have fun breh

Really autistic question coming through.
When linear programs say add 1.25kg every workout, is it two 1.25kg plates or 1.25kg total weight?

Thanks, man. I will.

1.25kg plates

This is going to sound really dumb, but I'm truly sincere.

I used to be really fat, 300 lbs.

I've lost weight, but I swear to god I never had a tooth grinding issue during the day time, but since I quit eating so much, it's like I was so used to eating that I keep grinding my teeth or something? I can't stop, it's really tough, I'm trying to learn about tongue resting places and I keep stopping myself from grinding my teeth, but it's literaly like, every minute I have to stop myself.

On my drive I caught myself doing it over 4 times, and I don't even drive 10 minutes to get to work.

get some sugar less gum you retard.

I've got a sore throat and a stuffed nose. Should I still gym? I'm not fatigued or draining anywhere. And I really don't wanna skip.

why wouldn't you?

Just don't wanna spread anything, I'd feel bad. Also don't know if muscle recovery gets in the way of getting better or anything.

I chew the gum until the flavor goes away and then I swallow.

Like, I dunno what it is, but I love swallowing gum.

How bad is that? 'cause I love chewing gum too.

>then I swallow.
you're disgusting.

hey Veeky Forums im looking for an energy supplement that is cheap comes in a container bigger than my head and is so powerful its barely fda approved
>was also thinking about just buying caffeine powder and taurine and mixing it myself
ideas?

heroine

Should I take Zinc?
It's supposed to make me keep testosterone from turning into estrogen. Who doesn't want testosterone?
Any experiences?

Cocaine

Anybody got any ideas for excercises that can be done tabata style / high intensity interval? Like as a short burst of high intensity cardio. I've tried burpees but these make my shitty back hurt, and I'm considering sprinting because it seems fun but i'm scared of injuring my legs (I almost never run and certainly not at full speed).

Other options I considered: rope-skipping, cycling.

Helps me with sleep and my sex drive.

Try diffrent brands, some work better for me.

I read online on the nutritional details that uncooked lentils are supposed to be 9g of protein pet 100g but the lentils I bought on the market say on the bag they contain 25g of p per 100.
Could it be false?

Yeah zinc is great. What that guy said is true: more expensive brands are better. It's a great supplement but I feel as if the effects lessen over time (but this can be easily mediated by taking a break from it)

Swim

I'm a doctor. I'd recommend you go to your doctor before anything. It's hard to diagnose pain, but I'd guess you have a strain

Can you leave oven made sweet potato fries overnight? or do I need to put htem on the fridge?

asking since I need to pack up some food for the whole day tomorrow, already have the classic cold plain rice with cold plain chicken which actually tastes good that way.
do the fries need to be in the fridge? or will bacteria and other shit grow if I let them hidden in the microwave or some shit

Been fairly active and lifted consistently about two years ago, but I had to stop. Now I wanna start lifting again. Should I start SL from the beginning?

How bad is it if I get most of my calorie surplus from fats? Will it help/hinder my progress? Does it make a difference? I often have a hard time eating enough complex carbs.

its fine, carbs are needed(no paleo shit though) but overrated.

Repost: Guys I found this in another thread. Opinions?

ULxULxx

U I:

Bench 3x5
Inclined Bench 3x8
Chinups 3x5
Arnold Press 3x8
Low pulley Row 3x12
Lying Rear Delt Raise 3x10
Supinating Curls 3x10

U II:

OHP 3x5
Dips 3x10
DB Flyes 3x12
Pullups 3x8
One handed DB Rows 3x10
Lateral Raises 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10

L I:

Squat 3x5
DB Lunges 2x8
Leg Press 3x8
Leg Extension 3x10
Calf Raises (single leg) 1x20
Core Work

L II:

Deadlift 3x5
Farmers Walk 2x
Leg Press 3x8
Hamstring Curls 3x10
Calf Raises (single leg) 1x20
Core Work

My gym has thisstand thing, presumably for pull ups, but the hand holds are all pointed at 45 degrees, 90 degrees and -45 degrees so you have to turn your hands out or in

Why don't they have them at 180 degrees like normal pull ups? What are the benefits to putting my hands/arms at an angle?

>What are the benefits to putting my hands/arms at an angle?
work different muscle

I've been 5 days with shitty diet, I started taking a multivitamin yesterday.
This was all due to a gastroenteritis.

do I need to do a mini bulk in a day or two now? or can I keep cutting like I was before?

Should I buy weightlifing shoes? Find them somewhat costly, what are good ones?

Been doing SS since late November, got sort of bad form on the squat I think.

not needed, got ones and used for a while but switched to vans and dont really feel like coming back again.
theyre cool to keep your torso more upright but not needed at all

learn how to squat first, get to some heavy weights and then consider them

Best easy Veeky Forums food to eat at a desk job?

Currently eating nuts and seeds for snacks

Lunch is whatever I feel like because L O N D O N

Front Squats

anything you make at home and put in a tupperware

Better for elbows

Underrated

If you can lift, lift
If you're so sick that you cant dont
Listen to your body you know it best

Yo for real do caffeine + DMAA
Dmaa is a semi banned stimulant thats pretty close to a legal amphetamine analogue. Lasts about 4-5 hours, crazy insane focus in the gym. Id say its 70% as good as adderall and much much cheaper

How often do you guys do cardio? I'm trying to bulk, to what extent should I add it to my routine?

Is 160g protein enough per day for a fat fuck at 25% who's is cutting

Oatmeal and scrambled egg with a bit of HP sauce (on the egg obviously) is what I go with for gym.

It seems losing more than 150lbs is when your skin stays stretchy and loose. I cut from 225 to 165 and was perfectly fine.

A lot of loose skin victims cut from super fat mode (300 pound plus). To be honest at that point I don't think even slow cutting would help reduce skin.

one does not add cardio to their routine. cardio IS a staple of any routine, duration can increase or decrease, yet it is always there. baseline is 3x a week 30 minutes

So I cannot bench without shoulder/rotator cuff pain. I can't quite seem to figure out y tho. I've been practicing enough that I feel my form is not the sole problem. I only do 6 exercises in my routines, bench, diddly, squat, row, pull/chibup, ohp. Are there any other causes for this shit?

what are muscular imbalances for 800?

Didn't really think about that, what muscles do u think r fucked up and how can I fix it?

Is drinking tap water unhealthy?

I've got alot of anger lately Veeky Forums i don't know why. Whenever something pisses me off i just want to start punching shit but i know thats a bad idea. How can i find a reasonably priced form of self defense training where I learn how to properly hammer people?

Usually no, sometimes it even has added minerals in it. It all depends on your town though. Some places it tastes gross or is risky.

It should be plenty.

am I really in the wrong for wanting commitment?

seems now adays you have to be from a poverty country or religious for it to be acceptable. otherwise its fuck every chick possible and visa versa. can I not be a horny fucking alpha male and have my one true babe?

I bought some omega 3/fish oil caps bc i read about some of the benefits and it supposedly helps with depression
am i a retard? are there any side effects?

Its the top of your chair digging into your back

>should be plenty
Thanks for the input m8tie!

Low bar or High bar squats, which would be better for fixing Hank Hill ass?

probably weak posterior deltoids like every other idiot who trains yet has no basic understanding of human physiology. i press all workout and don't do contra exercises during the same workout, why do my shoulders hurt. hey my pressing ratio is significantly higher than my pulling ratio why are my shoulders fucked up?

Is there any benefit to doing pushups, situps, chinups, and etc, in addition to a normal weight lifting routine?

Is 5x5 a good program?
How many sets in total should you do per workout?

I wanna lose weight but I know I also want to make muscle gainz. Do I go 500 under what the tdee calculator recommends, or will the positive changes I'm making in my diet like cutting out soda and stuff mean I go for the full calories?

I stopped having aching Muscles after working out, although I go til failure in many exercises... Why?
Is it normal not do have muscle pain after a while?

Yes, DOMS disappears after a few weeks.

Help I'm skinnyfat and just want a flat stomach. How do I achieve pic related but obviously in male form? I don't want abs and a muscular physique, just a flat, smooth stomach.

I miss them already... That feeling when you just knew you had a great workout

Yeah, it feels wrong, like you didn't work hard enough or something, but it's totally normal. Though it is nice being able to sit down the day after squats without worry, haha.

On a ppl(twice a week) program, should you be increasing the weight of your main upper body lifts by 2.5lbs once or twice a week? I'm a beginner.

Yeah, sitting down instead of falling uncontrolled is a nice change

What is DOM? Plus Bump

What actually causes gyno? Is eating soy actually bad for my gains

Abs are made in the kitchen. Cut the junk and lose enough body fat to show. Careful though, you'll want enough muscle somewhere that you don't look like you just left Auschwitz

DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, so the soreness you get the day after working out.

Google that shit, all caps

How do I eat more food?
Got told to gain some weight before an examination and no way in hell I can gain 10 pounds of muscle in a week.

After fixing my diet I just can't stomach full meals, probably snack on what would consider being a plate of food, but if I try to eat how I was before i lost tonnes of weight i just feel sick. It isn't even miniscule. It's a problem. I can't eat full meals unless it's 90% vegetable 10% meat and that is not enough calories bor can I binge on any food and rarely feel hungry. I also can't eat peanut butter or many sweet things or I can lose my appetite for a day.

Drink shakes made with potato flour and oat flour

HOW MANY EGGS IS RECOMMENDED FOR A DAY

Any scientific studies comparing the hygiene and qualities of bars of soap vs liquid soap?

3-6

Not on hand but doesn't it stand to reason that liquid soap is more hygienic

I'm on a cut, how good is L-Carnitine? Is it worth the try for whatever benefits it gives?