Is KT tape a meme...

Is KT tape a meme? In 2 weeks I'm doing a lot of walking for 5 days (about 5 miles each day) and I worry my plantar fascitis is gonna ruin our trip. Should I invest in tape?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHs-TMXk5PA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastic_therapeutic_tape
youtube.com/watch?v=z-twdH09hik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek. How long did u think the romans walked when they were going to fight barbarians?

I'm not a Roman and I'm only going to be fighting the lines at space mountain senpai

are you fucking retarded?

This post you made here tells me the answer is yes and in that case you should definitely buy this meme tape.

my gf uses it on occasion, she runs marathons every now and then, and she says it works.

KT tape can provide temporary relief if applied by someone who knows what the fuck their doing, but it is very much a "band-aid" approach. It's not going to solve any of your problems, just mask the symptoms temporarily. Much better to treat the source of the problem but if you don't have time to do that before your "event" or whatever the fuck it is their is nothing wrong with using it.

what is it?

youtube.com/watch?v=sHs-TMXk5PA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastic_therapeutic_tape

>5 miles a day
>a lot
>Veeky Forums

Is there a cure for plantar fascitis?

I use Leukotape P (3.8cm wide) in the same configuration as your pic. It is cheaper and better in my opinion. I replace it every 3-4 days and it REALLY helps when I have a flare up. I have been suffering with PF for over a year.

Work on great toe mobility a lot, thats usually the biggest problem. calf stretching/massage/orthotics will also help.

>walking five miles a day

Don't waste your money. 5 miles is a very minimal amount of walking, unless you've been completely sedentary your entire life. I'm not in great shape but I've backpacked for >3 weeks at a time with a heavy pack doing 20 miles a day, and had no issues.

youtube.com/watch?v=z-twdH09hik

pic related + vid related is what i did when i broke something in my heel

could even run without feeling pain

why can't people just fucking fix their plantarfasciitis? go buy a lacrosse ball, freeze a water bottle. do whatever you need to do. quit sticking this meme on your skin and do something about your fucking ailment.

i swear to god, if i had a nickel for every cunt who came into my clinic asking for a kinesiotape job.

Know what's better than magic tape, kid? Magic beans. I've got some right here you might be interested in.

KT tape is 100% bullshit. I went toto physioschool and got thaught too use it. I asked questions about it and they didnt have any answers to How it works. And srudies doesnt show anything above placebo. Its bullshit. And its a fad.

It only shows SOME effect on lymphatic drainage. Which is only usefull if you had breastcancer or pregnant.

This guy knows
>My clinic
What are you?
>physioschool
I find that incredibly hard to believe. Mexico doesn't count, btw

In Poland.

And you wobt findlose any well doneby studies which shows it being effective for pain. The idea is that it stretches the fascia ( which is also an idea not backed up with any evidence) and relieves pain and injuries. It doesnt. And you fascia is stretched everytime you stand up as the gravity pulls on the skin.

If you believe its effective then youre wrong. Its based on a flawed idea, not supported by studies and is one of the reasons why physiotherapy isnt taken as serious as it should bebe.

Sorry for the shitty grammar, but im on my phone and it is set too a different language than english

I've used it, worked for me.

It must've been a placebo... now you've ruined that.

Fuck all of you.

There's literally no cure for plantar fasciitis, dumbass.

Brah that's a lot of walking with a 5 year old senpai

Ah. Based Poland.
I do agree that it's a pointless tool for a person to use.
I don't really believe that gravity pulls that hard on the skin, though. What makes you believe that it would?

Kek

i remember using it after an injury when i still had to train the next day while in track. i dont know anything about preemptive taping, you probably shouldnt just foam roll before you go to bed