Water fasting

I want to start water fasting to cut to my goal weight. The plan would be 3 days a week until my goal is reached.

What about you? did you ever water fast for more than 24 hours? It is worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fasting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The fuck

OP here, it was kind of a lazy start, let me add a bit

I'm 15 kg (33 lbs) away from my goal weight. I don't mind losing a little muscle in the process because I'm overweight and it affects my health and life. I don't mind being a little sluggish as well, I just want to cut reasonably fast.

If you want to hold less water, you drink more not less

Water retention is induced by sodium intake. Water fasting will just put a lot of unnecessary strain on your kidneys (possibly even kidney stone).

It's just retard tier broscience horseshit.

>did you ever water fast for more than 24 hours?
no

>It is worth it?
no

If you starve yourself to get to your goal weight you'll have no idea how many calories you'll need to maintain weight. You're going to lose muscle along with fat and look skinnyfat and feel like shit. You;ll end up gaining weight rapidly once you start eating again. Sounds like you've got a typical yo-yo dieter mentality. Find your maintenance calories and every few weeks subtract a few hundred calories.

Cont.
water fasting is something only bodybuilders do a week or so before competition to help dehydrate the muscles so they have that "lean" look. It is not a sustainable routine and in fact causes a great deal of discomfort for bodybuilders.

NEW YEARS
E
W

Y
E
A
R
S

this is retarded. it will only make you feel sloppy and tired, while also making you unconcentrated and distracted.

if anything i'd advise anyone to drink more water, since there are so many positives for staying hydrated.

source: am med student

Just eat less

not op but water fasting is when you abstain from food, not water

I don't think op wants to die of dehydration

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fasting

You would think they would be gone by now.

OP a water-only fast is a terrible idea. I wouldn't recommend a single day for this idea, let alone 21 of them in a row.

Just do a 1200 calorie a day diet for a month, drinking a bunch of water so you won't be too hungry. You'll piss every hour and probably be crabby the first few days, but if you make the 1200 calories count by eating things like Egg Whites and copious amounts of vegetables, you could have a month where you drop 8-10 pounds easily.

You need to lose weight slowly. 2 pounds a week is the max you want. If you want to be 32 pounds lighter, you can easily do it in 4 months with the 1200 calorie diet.

Still a terrible idea. Zero potassium, sodium, and a high water intake is a recipe for a heart attack if he works out while doing this

>Still a terrible idea

I'm aware of that, I was just pointing out how stupid everyone was that thought op was going to abstain from water.

i think i've had enough Veeky Forums for today

>tfw too intelligent to drink water

Thanks, I was seriously dumbfounded to all these reply talking about drinking more water.

I'm a med student too, and there's a fair share of studies that points to water fasting benefits. The specific one i'm aiming at is improved insulin sensitivity.

I know, that's the safer route, but holy shit I can't stand such a heavy restriction. I am better off without food at all, counting calories can be really frustrating if you don't want to eat prepackaged foods.

I plan to work out 6x a week, 3x lifting 3x couch to 5k. I can also add a multivitamin to replenish basic stuff

You guys seems very, very against the idea of fasting even for short periods. There are popular diets called 5:2 and 4:3 when people eats for 5 days and fast for 2 non consecutive days, for example. Is not that big of a deal. I listen to you guys most of the time but didn't expect such hostility

I didn't know med students were dumb enough to try going on a water fast. What happened to eating less and just exercising. Holy shit dude. Fasting is fine, not the kind that you want to do. Just do some cardio or some shit when you wake up and push your first meal a bit later. Fasting and eating lower gi carbs will improve insulin sensitivity.

>You guys seems very, very against the idea of fasting even for short periods.

I do intermittent fasting, breh.

I'm
I'm not against fasting but you're going to rebound if you have no idea what your caloric needs are. I'm getting 2500 a day down from
3000 a day. I took 100 calories out of my diet every few weeks so I could adjust easier and assess what I really needed. Do you know your tdee?

would you feel better about it if it was a 40:8 intermittent fasting regimen?

>would you feel better about it if it was a 40:8 intermittent fasting regimen?

Not unless you know what your caloric needs are. I'm trying to help, breh.

Scooby accurate calculator puts me at around 2200 kcals of TDEE, but I didn't tested its accuracy (eat at TDEE and watch for weight trend)

>but I didn't tested its accuracy

You absolutely have to.

If you're going to do 40:8 that means you'll have to get roughly 4400 calories in an 8 hour window. And it's got to be some nutrient dense food given that you haven't eaten in 40 hours.

Those calculators only give a ballpark estimate.

Have you tried a shorter fast at all yet? usually around the 20 hour mark I get ferociously hungry. 40 hours seems fucking tough if you've never fasted before.

You don't need to fast for 40 hours. You'd be far better off doing 16/8. You'll want to kill yourself fasting for that long.

As a Medstudent I have to ask: are you fucking retarded?

>You don't need to fast for 40 hours.
>You'll want to kill yourself fasting for that long.

Also around the 48 hour mark is when your body starts catabolizing muscle along with fat.

18-24 hours is when you're usually depleted of glycogen and your body starts eating fat stores.

>I'm a med student too

>source: am med student

This is the future of healthcare.

Are you trying to imply that you won't lose weight by fasting for shorter than 40+ hours?
Just go and do what you want. We'll see you back here in a week when you ask for advice again

just do psmf, water fasting sounds extremely miserable

>Are you trying to imply that you won't lose weight by fasting for shorter than 40+ hours?

No and I have no clue what made you think that. Did you even read what I typed?

American medical professionals aren't smart, they just spend their time memorizing without understanding how everything connects and why. It's why we have hack doctors who make millions off of endorsing useless products.